29 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Just got this delivered via my EBay purchase. It replaces the one which I lost in 1976. IMG_1478.jpg

Found this in a drawer, don't recall ever attending a match involving them though :blink:

Ottery-St-Marys-Afc-Non-League.jpg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Brabco news. Chris Stainton has left the building.

The only one who seemed semi-sane amongst them. I get the distinct feeling that Brabco are hurtling towards a horrible death. I don't quite know what that means for us.

What would happen if they went bust? I assume an administrator/liquidator would try to sell their assets which could possibly mean the trust getting a good deal if there were no other interested parties.

The only one who seemed semi-sane amongst them. I get the distinct feeling that Brabco are hurtling towards a horrible death. I don't quite know what that means for us.
I don't think anyone does at this stage, but the situation will require vigilance, that's for sure.

Who's left now then, Ian Wilson and the 2 anons?

Ian Wilson and Peter John Steede are now the only two directors according to Companies House. There has been mention made over several years of others' involvement, but these are parties who wish to remain anonymous. I’m not even sure if it is only two others unless that has been stated.

Match preview up for the Hearts game.

Team News: Rory Loy and Craig Barr who have sat out the two previous matches in pre-season are added to the new-look squad. There will be a few trialists taking part in the game for Sons and before the game, it is hoped for news of an addition to the squad being confirmed.

I'm genuinely so excited for my first look at this team. Glad that Rory has decided to wait until I'm back from my holidays to make his first appearance too. I'd like to see Stevie starting with the sort of team we can expect to see against Spartans, before making a raft of changes at half-time/on the 60 minute mark to avoid any injuries.

Looks like a #SizzlingSaturday (or something similar) could be in-store too. This is better than Christmas.

Spoiler

By the way I hope everyone who wasn't at the tidy-up day appreciates the first change you'll notice in the concourse. I'm still trying to get that paint out of my clothes :lol:

15 hours ago, microdave said:

What would happen if they went bust? I assume an administrator/liquidator would try to sell their assets which could possibly mean the trust getting a good deal if there were no other interested parties.

I'm not an expert on this but isn't their only creditors themselves? The only debt is the debt to the investors that put the money in? If they needed out I suppose the land is the asset they could ship off, I'm not sure the trust could compete with local house builders on the land but sure, they'd probably get the badge, team, etc, for a good price but we'd have no home.

Although, it'd only be the company that went, so the club would just continue as is no problems, right :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Just got this delivered via my EBay purchase. It replaces the one which I lost in 1976. IMG_1478.jpg

If I'd got home from the pub in time (and a state to be able to operate the 'puter) you wouldn't have.

25 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

I'm not an expert on this but isn't their only creditors themselves? The only debt is the debt to the investors that put the money in? If they needed out I suppose the land is the asset they could ship off, I'm not sure the trust could compete with local house builders on the land but sure, they'd probably get the badge, team, etc, for a good price but we'd have no home.

Although, it'd only be the company that went, so the club would just continue as is no problems, right :rolleyes:

They still owe a certain Mr Rankine some money as far as I'm aware...

The problem is that the price they paid for the club was on the basis of the club moving. They are undoubtedly going to be looking for an exit that gives them the highest compensation. They’ll definitely not get anywhere near what they paid or what they’ve paid since for planning matters, publicity etc. There are several scenarios which would threaten the future of the club. I expect we’ll know pretty soon what they plan to do as I don’t imagine their appointment of a new director is for no reason.

5 hours ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Having a quick scan through their financial statements, that would not appear to be the case. They seem to have around £478k in other loans. In the event of liquidation, the shareholders would rank below most other creditors. Oddly, they only seem to have released a balance sheet and not an income statement, so we can't see their Profit/Loss for the year.

I notice they only own 75% of the club; who owns the other 25%? The Trust?

Archived