30 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Friendly with QP on Thursday is off

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

Totally understandable cancelling the QP game, but I’m gutted I’ll have to wait until Saturday to see the Promotion Machine in real life

Should've made the effort last night 8)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam Dick played as a trialist for Alloa tonight. In case anyone cares.

Chris Johnston and David Wilson signed for Annan a few weeks back too - can’t remember if it was posted on here or not.

Chris Johnston and David Wilson signed for Annan a few weeks back too - can’t remember if it was posted on here or not.
Bit of a shiter for Alloa IMO. Probably a decent enough League 1 calibre left back but hopelessly out his depth in the Championship.

17 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

My summer was meandering peacefully along until mention of these three guys :o

IMG_2984.thumb.jpg.90ca6af2280a82b0d086c1ab29b24b6e.jpgIMG_2985.thumb.jpg.bfea1697d9e4fa05ebdd21fa57d29c63.jpgIMG_2986.thumb.jpg.79277fffef6aa62dcbc8afee91d77da4.jpg

That is “creaming themselves” to you? :lol:

Matt tweeted about who the trialist is and said that he was a handful for the pars defence( he was). A member of a supporters group then gave his opinion on a few of the players last night and said based on last night( which is our only friendly in which the fans can watch), that Nisbet would be a welcome addition.

That’s hardly creaming themselves [emoji23]

That is “creaming themselves” to you? :lol:

Matt tweeted about who the trialist is and said that he was a handful for the pars defence( he was). A member of a supporters group then gave his opinion on a few of the players last night and said based on last night( which is our only friendly in which the fans can watch), that Nisbet would be a welcome addition.

That’s hardly creaming themselves [emoji23]

Jeez man, I just meant it as a joke and within about 10 seconds your jumping onto here to defend yourself. As it happens I rated Nesbit more highly than most Sons fans. While he was pretty non-existent in front of goal some of his hold up and link up play was excellent. This went largely unnoticed due to the situation we were in. It would definitely be naive to suggest he’s not capable of doing well at this level, especially considering he’s young and improving still.

40 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Jeez man, I just meant it as a joke and within about 10 seconds your jumping onto here to defend yourself. As it happens I rated Nesbit more highly than most Sons fans. While he was pretty non-existent in front of goal some of his hold up and link up play was excellent. This went largely unnoticed due to the situation we were in. It would definitely be naive to suggest he’s not capable of doing well at this level, especially considering he’s young and improving still.

Back tracked quickly there chief.

RE: Nisbet, I said it a while back, but I think there could be a player in there - just not a striker (or certainly not a lone striker).

He clearly used his size to bully his away around U20s football, but he doesn't have the awareness or the power to do that at senior level. He'll need to change his game or (as I can see being the case) become a midfielder to make a success out of things at senior level.

Would I have been happy if we'd signed him permanently though? Nope, not really. He was the latest in a long line of forgettable strikers who never really look like scoring (see also Morrison, Greg. Craig, Steven. Duggan, Chris).

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

He's a very sensitive soul. Still a bit touchy about being in League One because of us.

Archived