• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had the bulk of the possession, without looking overly threatening, particularly in the first half. Second half was better, we hit the woodwork just after  half time, and we wasted at least 3 really good goalmouth chances.

Best for me was Thomson, he showed a level of urgency above everyone else.  The introduction of Forbes and Barr obviously improved us, but having to move Carswell into the back four meant that Thomson, in playing  the Carsy role, saw a lot more of the ball, and he was a lot more direct. Carswell, saw a lot of the ball in the way, but was a lot more sideways. 

Full backs looked ok, CHs were pretty much in control, though both Colts goals were from directly in front of the goal, on the edge of the box. Could attribute the fault to either Dowie/Perry, or to Carswell.

C Gall and Beany showed a lot of effort but not a huge threat. 

Trialistwatch 

Goalie - don't think he was overly at fault with either goal, but was very quiet (even compared to the Colts keeper), and didn't instill a lot of confidence.

#7 - right midfield, latterly right back. Looked the pick of the bunch. Set up our first, wish they'd used him more, rather than going left all the time. Pass marks.

#11 - left winger. Saw lots of the ball, showed willingness to take people on (Or had been told to), but not overly threatening. Not seen again after HT.

#15 - centre forward. Looked ok, made some nice runs, kept the defence busy, set up the winner very nicely.

Random notes : my wee lassie found 5p in the car park, so between the elation of that and our 3-2 win, I treated her to a McFlurry on the way home, to stave off her hunger.

Evening Sons. Hope you are still talking to us. Some very promising recruitment so far, in stark contrast to ourselves I must say. 

Anyway, random wee historical question brought on by reading the excellent Irn Bru Cup articles in the latest Nutmeg. I see the line about 121 years since a national final again, which was on here too I think. Did everyone forget about the Scottish Consolation Cup pre WW1? Or just decide it didn't count? Yeah, niche stuff I know.  

52 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

We had the bulk of the possession, without looking overly threatening, particularly in the first half. Second half was better, we hit the woodwork just after  half time, and we wasted at least 3 really good goalmouth chances.

Best for me was Thomson, he showed a level of urgency above everyone else.  The introduction of Forbes and Barr obviously improved us, but having to move Carswell into the back four meant that Thomson, in playing  the Carsy role, saw a lot more of the ball, and he was a lot more direct. Carswell, saw a lot of the ball in the way, but was a lot more sideways. 

Full backs looked ok, CHs were pretty much in control, though both Colts goals were from directly in front of the goal, on the edge of the box. Could attribute the fault to either Dowie/Perry, or to Carswell.

C Gall and Beany showed a lot of effort but not a huge threat. 

Trialistwatch 

Goalie - don't think he was overly at fault with either goal, but was very quiet (even compared to the Colts keeper), and didn't instill a lot of confidence.

#7 - right midfield, latterly right back. Looked the pick of the bunch. Set up our first, wish they'd used him more, rather than going left all the time. Pass marks.

#11 - left winger. Saw lots of the ball, showed willingness to take people on (Or had been told to), but not overly threatening. Not seen again after HT.

#15 - centre forward. Looked ok, made some nice runs, kept the defence busy, set up the winner very nicely.

Random notes : my wee lassie found 5p in the car park, so between the elation of that and our 3-2 win, I treated her to a McFlurry on the way home, to stave off her hunger.

Word count?

Evening Sons. Hope you are still talking to us. Some very promising recruitment so far, in stark contrast to ourselves I must say. 
Anyway, random wee historical question brought on by reading the excellent Irn Bru Cup articles in the latest Nutmeg. I see the line about 121 years since a national final again, which was on here too I think. Did everyone forget about the Scottish Consolation Cup pre WW1? Or just decide it didn't count? Yeah, niche stuff I know.  
We went for the last final appearance of competitions which are still in existence. So the Consolation cup and the Festival of Britain quaich in the 1950's weren't counted.

Archived