• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Keeper

New RB Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Stuart Carswell* Kyle Hutton

Bobby Barr Ross Forbes* Andy Stirling*

Calum Gallagher*

*If a deal can be sorted. Would be a very, very strong League One side on paper.
Not convinced about Gallacher as a lone striker for a whole season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

FB_IMG_1528368105533.jpg

Will be handy if Carsy/Stirling/Forbes or the SeaGal don't sign too.

4 minutes ago, albundy said:

We'll need other options, but if he steers clear of injury and gets a run up front I'd fancy him to get to double figures next season.

52 minutes ago, albundy said:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I've never been convinvced of him in any shape or form; I was astonished that he was the first signing this time last year and I'll be more than a bit disappointed if we don't seek alternatives.  Dowie, Barr and Hutton I'll accept (albeit the latter somewhat grudgingly) but we need to consider that there was a reason we went down last season, and re-signing too many of that squad will be a real risk IMO.

And we should all wait until players sign on the dotted line before firing up team selections.  Boring I know, but I lived thro Argentina '78.........

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

New Keeper

Calum Gallagher*

*If a deal can be sorted. Would be a very, very strong League One side on paper.

Stop it, you're getting me excited for next season.

I'm gonna book a week off work to come up for the first three cup games at this rate.

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've never been convinvced of him in any shape or form; I was astonished that he was the first signing this time last year and I'll be more than a bit disappointed if we don't seek alternatives.  Dowie, Barr and Hutton I'll accept (albeit the latter somewhat grudgingly) but we need to consider that there was a reason we went down last season, and re-signing too many of that squad will be a real risk IMO.

And we should all wait until players sign on the dotted line before firing up team selections.  Boring I know, but I lived thro Argentina '78.........

Re-signing the bulk of a squad is actually something that many teams have done in recent years. Livingston and Ayr to name a couple. In fact, many would argue that guys who have played a season in the championship would be quite valuable in League 1. Hearts also done much the same when they came down from the premiership and then dominated as they went back up.

But I agree, there were quite a few who we had to get rid of. I'd say Stevie has done not too badly with the ones he has offered contracts to - C Gal included.

Considering around 19/20 of last seasons 26 man squad have already moved on (with others such as Handling looking more likely to leave as time goes on), I don't think we're in any danger of retaining too many. Of the ones we've kept (and are rumoured to be keeping eg. Carswell and C. Gall) I'd say Hutton is the only 1 I'd have probably moved on, the rest are capable of being top end League 1 players.

I understand OKI's pessimism but to be honest, we're just off the back of a honking relegation and I'm all for some positive vibes being thrown around in here, even if they are totally unfounded. Here's hoping for a #FuckYeahFriday

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Considering around 19/20 of last seasons 26 man squad have already moved on (with others such as Handling looking more likely to leave as time goes on), I don't think we're in any danger of retaining too many. Of the ones we've kept (and are rumoured to be keeping eg. Carswell and C. Gall) I'd say Hutton is the only 1 I'd have probably moved on, the rest are capable of being top end League 1 players.

I understand OKI's pessimism but to be honest, we're just off the back of a honking relegation and I'm all for some positive vibes being thrown around in here, even if they are totally unfounded. Here's hoping for a #FuckYeahFriday

I'm far from being pessimistic, the opposite in fact, and if we can add Forbes to the signing of Barr that will be an excellent week's business.  I just think Seagal has nothing more to offer us, simple as that.

On Sat 23rd and Sun 24th June we are undertaking mini projects aimed at enhancing the appearance of the C&G Systems Stadium to improve commercial revenue and enhance the match day experience at DFC in preparation for the new season.

There will be various jobs around the ground both inside and out needing done, with tasks ranging from basic cleaning, tidying & repairs to decorating and painting work.

Everyone is welcome – we invite any Sons fan available to come along and join in. If you are available, we would really welcome your support!! If you can help, please get in touch with trust member Jordan Brownlee who is co-ordinating the two day event.

Jordan’s contact details are – e-mail – jordan.brownlee@hotmail.co.uk

We plan to meet at the C&G Systems Stadium at 10.00 am on 23rd June and again the next day (also at 10am) – so even if you can only make it along for an hour or two to help out, it would go a long way to helping the club looking after the stadium and preparing for the new season.

Refreshments will be provided. And as above, for any further info please email Jordan.

And on the Sunday afternoon following completion of the tasks, we are hoping to organise an opportunity to have a chat with club officials and the team manager about the season ahead.

#supportoursons #foreverydumbartonfan

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

New Keeper

Calum Gallagher*

If you're looking for a right back in that formation Mikey Doyle is the man. Defensively solid and runs all day. Duffy tries to use him as our attacking option on the right which he isn't very good at but with Barr or Forbes in front of him he'd be a great addition to your squad.

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Feel free to come over as a neutral. We'll probably manage to find a spare seat for you somewhere ;)

I probably will pop over to a few games if we are away from home.

24 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Seagal may have done well against lower league opposition, but he was primarily signed as a winger. I’d rather we signed at least two proper strikers

One of the first attributes I would look for in any forward this year is finishing, too many times last season we got into good positions and fluffed our lines, if they can hold a ball up too that would be nice.

Actually,  whilst I was typing this I did consider that we could do a lot worse than bringing back Fleming for those two attributes alone, someone new would be nice though.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

If you're looking for a right back in that formation Mikey Doyle is the man. Defensively solid and runs all day. Duffy tries to use him as our attacking option on the right which he isn't very good at but with Barr or Forbes in front of him he'd be a great addition to your squad.

More importantly, does he have any ties to Rangers youth or Raith?

Archived