8 hours ago, albundy said:
9 hours ago, FifeSons said:
Gareth Bale doing his best Bryan Prunty impression tonight.

Outrageous to even attempt it, let alone score with it. On that note, Karius doing his best Gallacher impression as well.

I said to my friends the exact same thing. Dumbarton esk goal keeping. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If any of you are the Sons fan that was stoating about M&D's in your Sons strip yesterday (and your wee boy in his strip too) - well done mate.

Practicing for our seaside visits already?

My brother and his football daft boys.  

I know every penny counts but what about selling kids strips for cost. Play the long game yes we might not get the extra money now but there is the chance to get more shirts out there -advertising increased - potential chance to drive younger folk to support us over the bigger teams.

41 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

I know every penny counts but what about selling kids strips for cost. Play the long game yes we might not get the extra money now but there is the chance to get more shirts out there -advertising increased - potential chance to drive younger folk to support us over the bigger teams.

I like that idea a lot, but I can't see it being financially feasible - unless Turnberry are willing to subsidise the cost in return for getting their name out a bit more. Given Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern tops are all about £50 these days, I think ours at £35 (still expensive for a t-shirt mind you!) are pretty decent value.

Would be nice if we were able to sell them elsewhere though. Really unless you're a DFC fan it's not that easy to just impulse buy one.

41 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I like that idea a lot, but I can't see it being financially feasible - unless Turnberry are willing to subsidise the cost in return for getting their name out a bit more. Given Chelsea, Barcelona and Bayern tops are all about £50 these days, I think ours at £35 (still expensive for a t-shirt mind you!) are pretty decent value.

Would be nice if we were able to sell them elsewhere though. Really unless you're a DFC fan it's not that easy to just impulse buy one.

True but surely the costs per top to make etc is maybe £20-£25 quid so instead of making the extra money sacrifice it in the attempt to get shirts out there.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

How do we sell replica gear again?  Is it only by visiting the ground in person?

It's sold on Total Teamwear's website as well, but they currently have nothing in stock - making way for the new kit presumably. 

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's sold on Total Teamwear's website as well, but they currently have nothing in stock - making way for the new kit presumably. 

Thanks, that answers my next question - I wasn't sure if we had an online avenue to sell our stuff or not.

27 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

True but surely the costs per top to make etc is maybe £20-£25 quid so instead of making the extra money sacrifice it in the attempt to get shirts out there.

Surely not £20 to make a top.  Even with our smaller batches, cannae be that much can it?

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

Surely not £20 to make a top.  Even with our smaller batches, cannae be that much can it?

By the time the badge/sponsor is on it you're probably around £15 a top, you could easily be £20 or more if it's not an off the shelf strip though.

I don't think selling strips at cost price to sell more strips would be any different from reducing our ticket prices to gain more fans. The hard-core would still buy them but I don't think others would just because it's cheaper (unless it's some beautiful retro number that everyone loved and just wanted). We don't make them that easy to purchase. I don't see why we couldn't sell some out of an existing shop in the high street/asda/Morrison's. Morton do that in greenock and flog tickets from said shop too. Maybe making everything more accessible would be better.

Anyway, who we got signed this season so far? Is it just Dowie and Hutton? With stewart still under contract? Was S. Gallagher on a 2 year deal? I know he's at Airdrie but I assume if he was gonna 2 year deal we didn't let him go for nothing?

30 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I don't think selling strips at cost price to sell more strips would be any different from reducing our ticket prices to gain more fans. The hard-core would still buy them but I don't think others would just because it's cheaper (unless it's some beautiful retro number that everyone loved and just wanted). We don't make them that easy to purchase. I don't see why we couldn't sell some out of an existing shop in the high street/asda/Morrison's. Morton do that in greenock and flog tickets from said shop too. Maybe making everything more accessible would be better.

Anyway, who we got signed this season so far? Is it just Dowie and Hutton? With stewart still under contract? Was S. Gallagher on a 2 year deal? I know he's at Airdrie but I assume if he was gonna 2 year deal we didn't let him go for nothing?

He was only on a year long deal.

Hutton and Dowie are both fully signed up and committed. Stewart and Mango are signed, but have an option to leave if they wish - not sure if that has a time limit on it or anything though. Stevie seemed confident both would stay, so that gives us a decent core of a side if nothing else.

47 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Funnily enough it was this goal I thought about when I saw Bale's, said that to my mate too, Prunty's goal was better.

To be fair, Bryan controls the ball with his chest before delivering the overhead kick. Bale's was a direct overhead volley.

I still prefer Prunts' goal obviously.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

By the time the badge/sponsor is on it you're probably around £15 a top, you could easily be £20 or more if it's not an off the shelf strip though.

Suspect it may be more than £15 cost at your volumes, possibly up towards £20 as you say. Is the Dumbarton top generally bespoke rather than from a range?

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

We don't make them that easy to purchase. I don't see why we couldn't sell some out of an existing shop in the high street/asda/Morrison's. Morton do that in greenock and flog tickets from said shop too.

You need a very friendly shop willing to use space for stock with no profit margin, or you need to effectively waive your own margin to let them make profit. The latter is pointless of course. 

Morton maybe have a High Street club friendly sponsor willing to do it for nothing. We tried it in Dumfries. It isnt easy to find anyone willing to do it.

Archived