2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

He was meant to go on loan to Cowdenbeath but for some reason didn’t. He was basically told to stay away for the rest of the season to avoid negative publicity for the club and he agreed to this.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. Remember hearing about the Cowden rumour, but assumed it was just online talk.

Surprised Clyde weren't all over him tbh.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the subject of the website, I take it that he who shall not be named (or put on POTY voting forms) is gone. Just struck me he's still on our Wiki page, but I can't see him pulling on a Sons top again.

Nothing about him on the last statement: http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3607

I had a dream last night that he and I were playing fives in Dumbarton strips. He set me up with an absolute sitter to score the winning goal when my alarm went off. This got me thinking about him today, so I looked up the upcoming cases at the relevant court and it's not due before Tuesday (which is as far as the schedule goes.) I thought it was May when he was up again but it could be delayed for courty reasons I don't fully understand.

Eta Rip Sons' Sorrow. We had some amazing times but new era, new start!

Dowie signing is a good start.

Was the original development on the renton road (without the houses) approved?  

I'm wondering if Wilco can easily retreat to a previously approved plan and if the original plan was ground only?

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I like this. A bold new thread for a bold new era at Dumbarton Football Club.

Although, the "Sons Sorrow" should always be maintained for historical purposes in some archive.

Bold new era :lol:

We've been fucking relegated & the budget for players has been halved, if not quartered. :lol:

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

Dowie signing is a good start.

Was the original development on the renton road (without the houses) approved?  

I'm wondering if Wilco can easily retreat to a previously approved plan and if the original plan was ground only?

There is nae chance that the stadium would be built without the houses. The houses would be the "enabling" development.

Aye but it wont need £14m if theres no training pitches, if the houses arent there then the road/infrastructure changes would be reduced too.

How much would it cost to build a small stadium on the renton rd?  How much is the castle rd site worth?

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Right lads, I am now officially ridding ourselves of the Sons Sorrow thread. It's a new league, new chapter, new beginnings, so let's start with a positive OP.  Huge thanks go to @bigmacDFC for starting the Sorrow thread though, it basically kick started the best period of watching the Sons for me.

To get us off on a positive footing - Captain and serial killer impersonator, Andy Dowie has signed up for the new season;

TSDX0057.jpg

The day he looks happy to be here is the day I stop supporting Andy Dowie.

Who will be next to join the Sons obliteration of League 1?

52 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

There is nae chance that the stadium would be built without the houses. The houses would be the "enabling" development.

There was a plannng notice for floodlights at The Rock in the Reporter. Does this mean that the club is completely moving on from Renton?

Aye but it wont need £14m if theres no training pitches, if the houses arent there then the road/infrastructure changes would be reduced too.
How much would it cost to build a small stadium on the renton rd?  How much is the castle rd site worth?
Repeat after me, Brabco will not be 'delivering' anything. ...

8 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

More than Brabco can afford.

It's a non-starter. The cost of the stadium was never the major cost. The major cost was the infrastructure needed for access to the site, including a change to the exit from the A82.

No houses = no move. Castle Rd wouldn't come close to funding it.

Archived