• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Willie Dyer from Brechin? Discuss.

Replacing Liam Dick with Willie Dyer :lol:

I'd imagine he'd be decent enough in League 1. Scored that own goal for us in November too - which makes him our joint ninth top scorer last season.

9 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Will our friendly against Queen's Park be bumped due to playing them in the Betfred Cup?

I'd imagine it will be, aye, which is a shame. I quite enjoyed my last visit to watch Sons at Lesser Hampden where Scott Agnew scored a hat-trick in a mad 5-4 defeat where there were four(!) penalties awarded. 

Anyway, looks like we're getting a hashtag Wonderful Wednesday tomorrow, which will be Carsy I'd imagine.

Wee interview with Kyle Hutton in The Sun. This bit caught my attention:

“I think the gaffer will change the way we play a wee bit to make us more attacking.

“Hopefully we can score plenty of goals and get ourselves straight back into the Championship.”

I'd imagine that'll be based on a chat he's had with Stevie - but (granted it's easy to talk) it's given me a bit of hope that we might actually get back to attacking a bit.

Full interview is here - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2711341/kyle-hutton-dumbarton-relegation-low-point-inverness-stephen-aitken-staying/

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Wee interview with Kyle Hutton in The Sun. This bit caught my attention:

I'd imagine that'll be based on a chat he's had with Stevie - but (granted it's easy to talk) it's given me a bit of hope that we might actually get back to attacking a bit.

Full interview is here - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2711341/kyle-hutton-dumbarton-relegation-low-point-inverness-stephen-aitken-staying/

Quick point, who is "John"?

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Quick point, who is "John"?

I took it to be John Robertson?

"I knew I’d had a good season with Dumbarton, but it was a bit of a surprise when John Robertson phoned me.

“We had a good chat about moving up there, but a few things made me think twice about it. My partner has a good job down here and my wee boy starts school this year and I would have to uproot them.

“Those were important factors, but the main thing was  I’ve loved my time at Dumbarton.

“Both Stevie and John were brilliant with me during the time."

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I took it to be John Robertson?

"I knew I’d had a good season with Dumbarton, but it was a bit of a surprise when John Robertson phoned me.

“We had a good chat about moving up there, but a few things made me think twice about it. My partner has a good job down here and my wee boy starts school this year and I would have to uproot them.

“Those were important factors, but the main thing was  I’ve loved my time at Dumbarton.

“Both Stevie and John were brilliant with me during the time."

Aye, it just reads like he's calling Ian Durrant "John".

Archived