3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Perry won’t play what’s the big deal, would be like Dumbarton fans slagging off one of the Raith youngsters for being shite.

I dunno, maybe:

1. He's shite

2. We had front row seats for his shiteness. A shiteness so bad it made a decent left back look terrible.

3. We're bored, and it's been a couple of days since we had a decent rumour of our own to moan about being shite.

4. Apart from his "staunch" connections he'd be on the junior scrapheap already.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumbarton getting excited about a striker that scored about 1 league goal last season , no doubt Loy was a fantastic player a few years ago but he could be finished for all you lot know,

he also could be top drawer!!

Perry who I’ve seen play a good few times, never been impressed but as said he won’t play, bit of a rangers click going on at dumbarton tho, not sure if that’s a good or bad thing

dumbarton looking solid but if Loy is a dud they could be punchless again

i think most dumbarton fans may be in the same boat as us, I really just want to watch exciting football and I want my team to attack and score goals 

44 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

We are apparently close to signing ex Dunfermline midfielder Ryan Thomson

He's got a good goalscoring record from midfield. Quite tall aswell. Does he work with c and g? 

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

Anyone know if you can call the club to sort your season ticket like previous seasons? 

Yes, absolutely. Sam will sort that no problem.

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

We are apparently close to signing ex Dunfermline midfielder Ryan Thomson

Wasn't he the wee scumbag who took a photo of himself ripping the c**t out of the homeless? Or was he the one who was caught on camera trying to batter a taxi driver? Oh no, wait he was involved in both incidents. I realise we've signed folk who have done worse than that in the past, but it wouldn't make his arrival any more palatable. I'd rather we avoided.

Wasn't he the wee scumbag who took a photo of himself ripping the c**t out of the homeless? Or was he the one who was caught on camera trying to batter a taxi driver? Oh no, wait he was involved in both incidents. I realise we've signed folk who have done worse than that in the past, but it wouldn't make his arrival any more palatable. I'd rather we avoided.

He’s an average League 1 Player, so given we are supposedly filling the squad up with cheap options apart from the Loanees to come he seems reasonable.

Well, he looks like a fine upstanding gentleman. If the club  are looking for support from the fans, then signings like this are not going to get it. Why don't we go for Goodwillie and make it completely unpalatable? Moral character has to play a part in the signings we make. Not at all impressed if this goes through.

3 minutes ago, fuzzball said:

Well, he looks like a fine upstanding gentleman. If the club  are looking for support from the fans, then signings like this are not going to get it. Why don't we go for Goodwillie and make it completely unpalatable? Moral character has to play a part in the signings we make. Not at all impressed if this goes through.

Aside from the well-informed on here, most of our fans will not be aware of these incidents and will be less inclined to care if he performs well.

Those pictures would seem to support the view that he's a thoroughly unpleasant individual though.

15 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

This was 6 years ago. Is he not allowed another chance?

Seems similar to Dougie Hill last summer.

I just think when the club are trying hard to push the community angle and get more families down to games that it can send out the wrong message if you sign someone with baggage like Thomson.  If the club decide to back Aitken in signing him then I'll accept that perhaps he has grown up a bit and fully regrets his actions, although all I can find online is him saying he wasn't mocking the homeless woman (which he quite fucking clearly was) and that he was "embarrassed" (not sorry) for his role in the taxi driver incident. 

2 minutes ago, Lokomotiv Dumbarton said:

Surely if we can overlook this we can overlook that

IMG_0824.jpg

Seems to be a bit different that incident though - Loy denies the charges and as far as I can see the case was halted after the first day, I can't find if there was ever a verdict returned. Thomson is caught on camera in both incidents and admitted his guilt in court for the assault.

We've signed plenty of headbangers over the years, but this is a new board, one with it's head and heart in the community.  If we decide to sign him then I'll back the manager and board on that, but I can't say I'm delighted that we're offering him a deal.

As a player, you'll hear mixed reviews from Stranraer fans. Solid but unspectacular would probably be fair.

In terms of the person, as others have said, while reprehensible, this was six years ago and he's clearly grown up a lot since then.

Ask anyone at Stranraer and they'd tell you he's conducted himself professionally over the past 3 seasons. I doubt Ginge would be signing him if he hadn't.

We've all done stupid things (maybe not this stupid), but by all accounts he's put it well behind him.

Archived