• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been absolutely disgraceful. Shambolic. Listless. Pathetic. The list could go on.

The board now have to take responsibility for the direction of the club.

It's clearly not working. The players aren't playing for the manager and (rightly or wrongly) that's not going to be fixed with SA still in charge.

We've had some good times, Oswestry and the cup final will forever live in the memory but Stevie, it's time I'm afraid.

There's no way back. The word untenable comes to mind. Either the decision is made by him or the board must act.

13 minutes ago, LondonSons said:

How on earth can he stay after this? We're now relegation candidates. That's no exaggeration.

Absolutely, it’s no exaggeration.

I was shouted down on here for even saying the title was over a few weeks ago. Apparently if you live in London you aren’t allowed an opinion. Pretty laughable now. 

As I said then, and I will say now; I’d take staying up this season right now.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Even the staunchest of Aitken supporters can't seriously think he deserves to stay after that.

Nah, there’ll be a few Aitken apologists left who seem to think it’s a personal vandetta against a really nice guy. 

The reality is, it’s nothing personal. Aitken interviewed for full-time jobs and would’ve left us in a heartbeat if he’d been offered one. He could’ve even cashed his chips in when his stock was high after keeping us up that second season, and waited for a FT gig.

It wouldn’t have been personal if he left and it’s not personal for us to boot him now. Time’s up. That’s football.

5 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

Absolutely, it’s no exaggeration.

I was shouted down on here for even saying the title was over a few weeks ago. Apparently if you live in London you aren’t allowed an opinion. Pretty laughable now. 

As I said then, and I will say now; I’d take staying up this season right now.

We have fans who thought it would be ideal dropping down a League, loads of wins again, crowds flocking back  blah, blah. :blink:

Just doesn't always work out that way & certainly not for a Club the size of ours, with meagre resources.

These same fans thought this, not just last season, but previous seasons, whilst we were in The Championship jousting with Rangers, Hearts, Hibs etc.

Frightening logic.

Any sign of the 2,500 that went to Perth?? 

Just going to post in here to save the Raith fans having to read pages of us grumbling.

That has to be it for Stevie. His appointment hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped and, despite some good moments, there have been some really awful ones. Today might (might) have just topped Bonnyrigg. The first-half certainly did.

When he came in we had serious issues scoring from open play. In fact we went from July to October without a goal from open play, hit a good run of form around Christmas, signed Christian Nade and stayed up. Despite the fact that we didn't score a goal away from home from the last week before Christmas til the last day of the season, and took two 6-0 pumpings (Rangers H, QOS A).

The following year started horrendously. We were bodied pretty hard by Ayr United, didn't win an away game for nearly a calendar year and had the Bonnyrigg debacle. Fair play he made some good signings, got loads out of Stanton, Vaughan and Robert Thomson and built a team playing great football.

Last summer that squad was decimated, his recruitment was poor and we spent all of last season playing vile football and hanging on for 1/2-0 defeats. We won a handful of league games against teams who weren't a truly terrible Brechin side, and the cup run probably bought him some time. Sure it was great, although the performance in Perth was a major damp squib. Again we had issues scoring, we didn't get a league goal in 2018 until March - and even that was against Brechin.

He made the wrong changes in the playoffs and Alloa deserved it over the two legs.

This season started with a quality, tiny squad of injury prone players joining up. We were all excited and a playoff position should've been the minimum aim - something we'd all be more than happy with. 

So far we've played well for a half against Queen's Park, 70 minutes against East Fife, about 20 minutes against Montrose and a full game against an under-strength Morton. That's it. We're still struggling for goals, and once again we're getting nothing out of strikers who (on paper) look like they should do a job for us.

I'm away for a seething cry.

Just now, Silverton End said:

We have fans who thought it would be ideal dropping down a League, loads of wins again, crowds flocking back  blah, blah. :blink:

Just doesn't always work out that way & certainly not for a Club the size of ours, with meagre resources.

These same fans thought this, not just last season, but previous seasons, whilst we were in The Championship jousting with Rangers, Hearts, Hibs etc.

Frightening logic.

Any sign of the 2,500 that went to Perth?? 

There’s a parallel universe somewhere where Burt ran it into the corner. We ran out the clock. We stayed up. Aitken left a hero. Got his Full-Time gig at Raith. Duffy came in. We spent the sponsorship money well. 

8 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Just going to post in here to save the Raith fans having to read pages of us grumbling.

That has to be it for Stevie. His appointment hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped and, despite some good moments, there have been some really awful ones. Today might (might) have just topped Bonnyrigg. The first-half certainly did.

When he came in we had serious issues scoring from open play. In fact we went from July to October without a goal from open play, hit a good run of form around Christmas, signed Christian Nade and stayed up. Despite the fact that we didn't score a goal away from home from the last week before Christmas til the last day of the season, and took two 6-0 pumpings (Rangers H, QOS A).

The following year started horrendously. We were bodied pretty hard by Ayr United, didn't win an away game for nearly a calendar year and had the Bonnyrigg debacle. Fair play he made some good signings, got loads out of Stanton, Vaughan and Robert Thomson and built a team playing great football.

Last summer that squad was decimated, his recruitment was poor and we spent all of last season playing vile football and hanging on for 1/2-0 defeats. We won a handful of league games against teams who weren't a truly terrible Brechin side, and the cup run probably bought him some time. Sure it was great, although the performance in Perth was a major damp squib. Again we had issues scoring, we didn't get a league goal in 2018 until March - and even that was against Brechin.

He made the wrong changes in the playoffs and Alloa deserved it over the two legs.

This season started with a quality, tiny squad of injury prone players joining up. We were all excited and a playoff position should've been the minimum aim - something we'd all be more than happy with. 

So far we've played well for a half against Queen's Park, 70 minutes against East Fife, about 20 minutes against Montrose and a full game against an under-strength Morton. That's it. We're still struggling for goals, and once again we're getting nothing out of strikers who (on paper) look like they should do a job for us.

I'm away for a seething cry.

Tbf, that’s not the first time we’ve said ‘That has to be it for Stevie’. I think he’ll flint on a bit longer yet.

35 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Surely after that SA has to go. The board must act. Ok raith have the bounce of a new manager, but we got pumped at home against a raith team that aren't going to run away with this league. Embarrassing. His time is up.

I beg to differ. This is the start. We’ll win the league by 15 points.

Archived