On 01/06/2018 at 08:35, GoTeamGaz said:

I did it for a joke & boredom, obviously, but I'm pedantic enough to make sure it was real strips! Although I'm not sure they do anything outside the Netherlands, their kits are pretty great.

rs1005-100_fr.jpgrs1002-401_fr.jpg

That gold strip :wub:

Just noticed your signature :lol: What have I done now?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I'd happily take Lyle or Spence if it were realistic. A lot will hinge however on how much we can pay.

The signing of either of those would indeed make it a Marvellous Monday. Is it going to be so though?

Spence has signed for Alloa.

43 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I agree. But plenty more fish in the sea and all that...

True about the sea but whilst Airdrie are out trawling the depths we are sitting on the end of the pier with our fishing rod.

I would like us to have signed a few more than 5 players by now. How long until the 1st competitive game? I'm sure the friendlies will be used for trialists and guys we will never actually see again.
I can't help but feel we will be signing who is left after everyone else has their pick.

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I would like us to have signed a few more than 5 players by now. How long until the 1st competitive game? I'm sure the friendlies will be used for trialists and guys we will never actually see again.
I can't help but feel we will be signing who is left after everyone else has their pick.

39 days 'til we face Spartans, which actually seems like ages.

Judging by (B.)Barr's interview on the OS pre-season will start next weekend (assuming it starts on a Saturday) so I'd like to think we'll have more of a shape of a squad by then. I'd certainly imagine that we'll know where we stand with Carsy, SeaGal and Handling.

Stevie's got a pretty hectic pre-season scheduled games wise, so I'd imagine he'll want to have (at least) an idea of a starting eleven to try and build some sort of understanding before the big kick off. Also suspect it's to allow him a look at quite a few potential recruits though. 

Based on nothing but blind optimism and hope I reckon we'll have at least 11 players signed up by the Day of Action on the 23rd. Then maybe 13 by the first friendly against EK. I'd rather Stevie took his time and built the right squad, although I'm also wary of being left with the cast-offs nobody else wants. His recruitment can be a bit scattergun, so taking his time and building a solid squad of 16 would be far better than an unbalanced bloated 26 or whatever we had at stages last season.

Of course our attraction to players could be boosted if everyone who can finance one goes out and gets a season ticket :ph34r:

We're a long way away from being left with the dregs. Other than Spence I can't say I've seen a realistic target move to a new club and wish we'd have secured them instead.

Quite happy for Aitken to take his time but at the same time I'm expecting a big improvement in our League Cup efforts this year. The last two years have been utterly woeful and I've given Aitken the benefit of the doubt due to the fact he was having to build a part-time squad to compete in a full-time league and we were having to wait on players making decisions etc. No such excuse exists this season.

The last players remaining as the close season draws on aren't necessarily the 'dregs', they can also be players who were hanging off hoping for a bigger gig/better deal, and who may have to take a worse offer (ie us) rather than not play at all.

PITK.

51 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, recorded a podcast with Paddy Boyle last night. The big man was on great form and talks very fondly about his five months at Dumbarton in 2009. Some great stories about the club. I think you might enjoy it.

CLICK

The story about Chizzy and the bleep test :lol: What a hero.

Alright lads, recorded a podcast with Paddy Boyle last night. The big man was on great form and talks very fondly about his five months at Dumbarton in 2009. Some great stories about the club. I think you might enjoy it.
CLICK
Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Big Dennis McLaughlin and the family meal story was a personal highlight and of course Chizzy doing Chizzy things.

Archived