• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Arbroath winning it is a bad shout tbh. Raith should be winning it and we should be up there but we have shown nothing to suggest we will be thus far.

It's early days yet and ourselves and Raith have been ravaged by injuries. I reckon by mid October we will have a fair idea of how things will pan out in terms of teams challenging at the top.

Don't make me bring up the quotes... [emoji6]

On you go then

All I said was, in reply to someone saying Raith will walk it, possibly you, is that they’ve got weaker, I cited 4 players that have left, Thomson/Spence/Barr/Furtado and their 4 replacements Nisbet/Flanagan/Duggan and Watson, saying that they’ve got IMO weaker. That’s it.

Then I had said that I’m not sure about you guys because you seemed to lack pace, width and energy, before a ball was even kicked. Also said I wouldn’t be overly excited about Loy which I got slagged up for.

Don’t think you’ll find many Raith or Dumbarton fans that would disagree with that so far. No Raith fan will think they’ll be walking it just because they’re full time and no Dumbarton fan will say they’re convinced with Dumbarton or Rory Loy either, results and performances back that up.

I’ve never said Arbroath will win the league, if I have it’s been tongue in cheek, I just said on the Brechin thread how much I shite it no matter who were playing.

Stop stirring. [emoji12]

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On you go then

All I said was, in reply to someone saying Raith will walk it, possibly you, is that they’ve got weaker, I cited 4 players that have left, Thomson/Spence/Barr/Furtado and their 4 replacements Nisbet/Flanagan/Duggan and Watson, saying that they’ve got IMO weaker. That’s it.

Then I had said that I’m not sure about you guys because you seemed to lack pace, width and energy, before a ball was even kicked. Also said I wouldn’t be overly excited about Loy which I got slagged up for.

Don’t think you’ll find many Raith or Dumbarton fans that would disagree with that so far. No Raith fan will think they’ll be walking it just because they’re full time and no Dumbarton fan will say they’re convinced with Dumbarton or Rory Loy either, results and performances back that up.

I’ve never said Arbroath will win the league, if I have it’s been tongue in cheek, I just said on the Brechin thread how much I shite it no matter who were playing.

Stop stirring. emoji12.png

Arbroath have kept a settled squad and only had to tweek slightly.Raith and Sons have had significant personnel changes coupled with injuries.No surprise youre top and deservedly so.DC is not AM and if you can keep up this pace you will prevail come May.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Stop stirring. emoji12.png

That’s true, you haven’t actually said Arbroath will win it (that I’ve seen). I’m just curious as to who you think will win it, since you’ve ruled Raith and Dumbarton out of the running? 

Montrose? Stranraer? Brechin?

On 18/08/2018 at 21:46, 1320Lichtie said:

I thought we were all over the place, dunno if it was the weather or what but the game was a mess. Wallace and McKenna had looked so good as a partnership up until today but there was nothing from them. Still much better than Dumbarton though, they’re slow, one dimensional and predictable. I think they’ll really struggle.

On 28/07/2018 at 18:16, 1320Lichtie said:

Can see a Dunfermline’esque season for them, obviously will not be as bad as 7th or wherever they finished but I think they could struggle a bit.

That was in a response to someone saying they would walk the league though. Context. [emoji23]

I stand by it too. I think they will have a pretty tough season in a tough league. Very lucky to be on 8 points right now. Not walking anything. [emoji6]

#fakenews

Only 4 weeks in here...

Dumbarton have struggled thus far, Aitchison could change things. Raith have also struggled so far, they should really be on 5 points after 4 games. Not that bad a call.

I would never say we will win anything though. No matter what we’re playing like I can never enjoy it, always have that fear of a horror show being just around the corner.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only 4 weeks in here...

Dumbarton have struggled thus far, Aitchison could change things. Raith have also struggled so far, they should really be on 5 points after 4 games. Not that bad a call.

I would never say we will win anything though. No matter what we’re playing like I can never enjoy it, always have that fear of a horror show being just around the corner.

Raith will walk the league. Arbroath will come second. We'll be lucky to get top 4.

You heard it here first.

Archived