• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard a rumour that Stevie is trolling us all and Danny Handling will be re-signing on loan after he failed to settle in at Edinburgh City.

Don't even joke about something like that please.

I dont think danny Handling is good enough to get in team but we could do worse,. Stevie will be working hard before deadline day no doubt.

Given our current woes, I'm not sure we could do worse than adding a pedestrian, lazy, injury-prone prima-donna to our ranks.

1 hour ago, sonsrealfan said:

I dont think danny Handling is good enough to get in team but we could do worse,. Stevie will be working hard before deadline day no doubt.

Isn't all this deadline day chat nonsense? Pretty sure for clubs in this division we can sign players up to the end of next month. Free agents and goalkeeper emergency loans(medical certificate permitting) thereafter.

1 hour ago, albundy said:

So, if we are truly skint, how are additions being funded?

I'm wondering if we're having to move somebody out/somebody wants out. Unless the much spoken about Sheikh has finally arrived, in which case I'm looking forward to seeing Stephen Dobbie back in a Sons shirt.

14 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Isn't all this deadline day chat nonsense? Pretty sure for clubs in this division we can sign players up to the end of next month. Free agents and goalkeeper emergency loans(medical certificate permitting) thereafter.

You are correct.

17 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I'm wondering if we're having to move somebody out/somebody wants out. Unless the much spoken about Sheikh has finally arrived, in which case I'm looking forward to seeing Stephen Dobbie back in a Sons shirt.

You are correct.

Do u think more than 1 signing?

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Nice to see us bring in 2 more midfielders especially a defensive one :unsure: happy to see 2 come in but not sure what to make of them. If Spencer bangs in some more goals like he did last week then all good I guess.

I thought Allardice was the last thing we needed...until I found this:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/682693/dundee-uniteds-scott-allardice-decides-his-future-lies-in-central-defence/

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Yeah without doubt..we are now loaded with midfielders.Not sure whIch  IF ANY of them could fill in at LB.

To be fair, Allardice at centre half will be useful and Brad Spencer sounded like he looked decent. Left back is still an issue though, and I’d assume that’s our business done now.

The Jack Aitchison story looks very odd now.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Yeah without doubt..we are now loaded with midfielders.Not sure whIch  IF ANY of them could fill in at LB.

Carsy (when he's back fit) can just about do a job at left-back. He did it for about half an hour against Peterhead. Not ideal, I agree, but he'll do a job.

Poor Brad Spencer now has to displace one of Hutton and Carsy for gametime. He might as well have signed for Real Madrid.

Archived