• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Supremesons said:

How much do you reckon it would cost to buy Dumbarton? Just so I can plan ahead for when I win the lottery

Depends whether you wanted to just buy a controlling stake (51%) or the whole company. Have a look at the Shareholders' Equity on the balance sheet, that'll give you a rough idea. You'd probably have a to pay a premium on top of this for intangibles. At a guess, I'd reckon somewhere in the region of £1m-£1.5m would be enough.

How much do you reckon it would cost to buy Dumbarton? Just so I can plan ahead for when I win the lottery
500k. That's based on nothing more than what I'd pay Brabco in my euromillion winning daydream. I'd then sell it to the trust for £18.72 and invest in a youth development scheme like the Weirs do at Partick Thistle.

Just now, Supremesons said:

Could be anyone's guess under the current owners.  They apparently bought the club from Rankine for around £1M, they then ploughed f**k knows how much cash into the  stadium move plan which has failed. During the stadium proposals they said that the investors profit would come from selling the current land for houses, which they reckoned would net them around £2M.  Considering all that, I would guess Brabco will be looking for near £4M, which is a price that absolutely nobody will pay for Dumbarton FC and its asset. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You can buy that Kappa top for £7 on their website - http://www.3qsports.co.uk/Kappa-2018/Kappa-Rovigo-SS-Shirt

Fylde will likely get them cheaper than that if they have a kit deal, add on a few quid for sponsor and badging and they'll still be making a pretty good mark up at £28.  Our home kit is rarely off the shelf, so it's always going to be a bit more expensive.

Not to worry anyway, once I've won the Euro Millions I'll do a remake of the late 70's/early 80's Umbro tops and you can all have one for free (aside from Bring Back Paddy Flannery, he can pay his way).

giphy-1.gif

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If them and the Earl of Dumbarton could come to a joint take over bid that would be ideal. Just think of the staunchness.

I’ll pop over to Windsor with a bottle of Bucky, doner kebab and fishing rod to seal the deal.

There are 4 questions at play:

1. What did it cost Brabco to buy their controlling interest in the club?

2. How much have they spent on the stadium proposal?

3. How much profit did they hope to make?

4. What is their bottom line walk away price?

If you can answer the 4th one and have the money available then you could more than likely find yourself as owner of the club. Right now they're maintaining their hands off policy and allowing the club to be run by a new board that has come on leaps and bounds compared to the previous board.

But just because they're quiet it doesnt mean they've gone away.  I'm sure we'll find out the answers to 3 and 4 in due course.

17 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Whatever he did he worked a miracle truly and utterly.Was sorry that he went at the time but i am surprised no other Scottish teams have come in for him.

Funny how fans forget things sometimes... we played the single best season Dumbarton have had in a long, long time (my lifetime plus quite a bit!!) but after that we played some pretty horrible stuff under Ian Murray. He went at the right time in my opinion. Will always be remembered for that season though! :)

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

Funny how fans forget things sometimes... we played the single best season Dumbarton have had in a long, long time (my lifetime plus quite a bit!!) but after that we played some pretty horrible stuff under Ian Murray. He went at the right time in my opinion. Will always be remembered for that season though! :)

Thats my point though.We played crappy because of the teams that entered in the league that year and IM adjusted our style accordingly.Personally i think he made a mistake.But i personally was sorry to see him go even if many thought his time was up.Prior to that we were excellent to watch along with a high league position ,5th in 2014.

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The failed proposal shouldn’t come into it IMO (that’s not to say it wouldn’t). That’s a failed investment on their part.

Being realistic it always will.

If Brabco have spent £X then there are 2 figures we need to consider:

£Y that they want to return, including their desired profit.

£Z that they'll accept as a return in order to sell up and leave.

Whether they leave with a profit or a loss, their total outlay including the stadium project will be a factor.

10 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

To be fair Muzz kept us up from a downright impossible position, then had us on the playoff charge with that outstanding team. His final season had us playing some brutal football to watch, but we still finished seventh and stayed up comfortably. I dare say that if Stevie had managed that (or even eighth) last season the grumbles about his style of play wouldn't be quite as vocal.

Personally he's probably my favourite ever Sons manager. I loved how professional he was about everything, and you always felt that he was in full control. He was like a doctor or something.

I agree the ‘walk away’ figure for Brabco being around the 4 or 5 million mark. What they might base this on, god only knows - but they would sniff at being offered £1m that’s for sure (given what they have paid and lost so far). Looks to me as though they will either sit tight to maximise their investment as much as they can - or conversely, hope that we fall through the leagues into oblivion, becoming completely financially unviable, which will allow them to liquidate the club.

12 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Thats my point though.We played crappy because of the teams that entered in the league that year and IM adjusted our style accordingly.Personally i think he made a mistake.But i personally was sorry to see him go even if many thought his time was up.Prior to that we were excellent to watch along with a high league position ,5th in 2014.

I would compare this to Garry Flemming leaving. It was gutting to see the end of an era but you kinda knew inside it was the right time for it to end. You just have to remember the good times and keep the memories.

10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

To be fair Muzz kept us up from a downright impossible position, then had us on the playoff charge with that outstanding team. His final season had us playing some brutal football to watch, but we still finished seventh and stayed up comfortably. I dare say that if Stevie had managed that (or even eighth) last season the grumbles about his style of play wouldn't be quite as vocal.

Personally he's probably my favourite ever Sons manager. I loved how professional he was about everything, and you always felt that he was in full control. He was like a doctor or something.

I would agree that I didn't really mention all of his achievements during his time with us. He done the unthinkable when he came in and the couple of years that followed were, as I mentioned before,the best in my lifetime. But yeah the football was brutal in the season before she left.

30 minutes ago, Johnny Red said:

I agree the ‘walk away’ figure for Brabco being around the 4 or 5 million mark. What they might base this on, god only knows - but they would sniff at being offered £1m that’s for sure (given what they have paid and lost so far). Looks to me as though they will either sit tight to maximise their investment as much as they can - or conversely, hope that we fall through the leagues into oblivion, becoming completely financially unviable, which will allow them to liquidate the club.

They may take a lot less to cut their losses.They put all their eggs in the 1 basket and it didnt work out.I have heard they are cash strapped so maybe they will accept a lower price.

Archived