The fact that Durrant is urging us to sign Ross Perry makes me seriously question if he's the correct man for the job tbqhwy.

As for the suggestion that we should actively look to sign Burt... did he really make THAT much of an impact? I actually thought a lot of the time he fell into the 'headless chicken' category despite looking quick and direct. I wanted to see him used more than he was simply due to the fact what we had on the park at the time was contributing to weekly shaggings from every team we faced (bar Dundee Utd). We would also probably be playing Championship football next season had he ran the ball into the corner instead of hitting a powderpuff shot straught at the Alloa goalie. He done a similar thing in the first leg away at Alloa but we weren't punished that time.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sun reporting that Ian Durrant is urging Aitken to sign Ross Perry
Could be paper talk, however, if it came off I'd be worried about Durrants influence with the growing number of ex ger youths.

I don't care where players come from - the only thing that matters is that they're of the required standard.

Durrant directing Aitken towards ex-Gers players was always likely to happen. He's worked with these players before and know them. The danger is that he perhaps doesnt have the contacts within lower league football to recommend alternatives. Are they really the best players we could get?

Ross Perry doesnt exactly fill me with confidence. With a kid like Liam Burt there's a big doubt over his overall contribution over the course of a game. He's great in flashes but is he a luxury player in a league full of guys who will be giving 100% for 90 minutes? For me he's the kind of guy you potentially carry for what he can give you in flashes but you need to accept that you are carrying him and that he isnt going to give you a whole lot of grit or defensive work.

If the Durrant factor helps Stevie sign players we perhaps otherwise wouldn't be favourites to sign then it's a benefit to the club. If we're targeting guys he's worked with previously at the expense of bringing in more effective players from elsewhere then it would be a worry. Time will tell.

Robbie Thomson could do a job for you and if he has any self-awareness he will realise league 1 is about his level so he should be an achievable signing. Ross Perry on the other hand is a fucking terrible player, worse than a man down even in league 1.

See we’ve got St Mirren in the league cup groups, cue Div charging in complaining about prices
I was coming here to say I hope we get them at home so we can charge more than the other home game. Not entirely sure if we'd be allowed to do that. Fairly sure both clubs would have to agree on ticket prices.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

If Dumbarton have a staunchness shortage, I see that Kal Naismith is free having just been released by Portsmouth

No chance he ends up at Sons - he's far too good for League 1.  Would love it though.

18 minutes ago, microdave said:
46 minutes ago, ApacheSon said:
See we’ve got St Mirren in the league cup groups, cue Div charging in complaining about prices

I was coming here to say I hope we get them at home so we can charge more than the other home game. Not entirely sure if we'd be allowed to do that. Fairly sure both clubs would have to agree on ticket prices.

If we charge even an extra quid then it would be sensational bantz.

Pleased with the draw though. Seriously hope Spartans will be away

If we charge even an extra quid then it would be sensational bantz.
Pleased with the draw though. Seriously hope Spartans will be away

Now that I've had a wee think, I'd go for QP at home=£5 adult and everyone else free. St Mirren=£35 and no concessions, then get myself a big bag of popcorn!

Judging by the fact they are giving the old firm 2 full stands and charging an extra 5 quid for those games I'm not sure we'd have any trouble getting them to agree to 30 quid a skull. Those robbing b*****ds would probably insist on it.

Gareth Bale doing his best Bryan Prunty impression tonight.

Outrageous to even attempt it, let alone score with it. On that note, Karius doing his best Gallacher impression as well.

Sun reporting that Ian Durrant is urging Aitken to sign Ross Perry

Aitken should get shot of Durrant pronto.

Perry was probably the worst defender I watched last season.

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Anyone know if we had someone scouting at the exit trials today? I know Aitken is on holiday and never clocked Durrant in any of the photos.

Where are the photos? Any decent names? 

Archived