• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, albundy said:

Callum Gallacher has checked in.

*Calum Gallagher ;)

I'm pleased with that. Everyone knows I like him as a player, and it's overlooked that he was our top scorer last year. Granted that's like being awarded the prize of best haircut at a Tommy Robinson rally, but still. He's got a good record against part-time teams, he's quick, strong and hardworking and scored a good number of striker's goals last season - in fact all his goals came from inside the box*, and quite a few from about five yards out. That header against Arbroath was sensational as well.

I just hope to God we don't try and play him as a winger again.

9 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I just hope to God we don't try and play him as a winger again.

Stevie in the Reporter saying "when Calum was played up front, he got his goals" would suggest he sees him as a striker now.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tea, everywhere.

Guess that's me used up all my comic superpowers for this year.

Back to stats and being pedantic about names it is.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Stevie in the Reporter saying "when Calum was played up front, he got his goals" would suggest he sees him as a striker now.

That'll be why I've not seen it then ;)

That's good news. He can be an effective striker, but the need for a winger to A) Run with the ball and B) Beat a man means that, with the best will in the world, he's never one.

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's the Seagal confirmed for another year.  OKI is somewhere shaking his head in disbelief.

Somewhat deflated with this unsurprising news. Hopefully I can be proved wrong but I just don't get the hype with Seagal. 

2 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Somewhat deflated with this unsurprising news. Hopefully I can be proved wrong but I just don't get the hype with Seagal. 

I don't think it's hype for Gallagher tbh, his scoring record against League 1 and 2 teams is fairly good and when I look around the division at the striking options other teams have (Raith aside) I tend to believe that it's a "better the devil you know" type situation here.  We know he's capable of scoring goals and putting in good performances against League 1 opposition, so sticking with him isn't the worst idea IMO.  I don't think the guys attitude has ever been in doubt either, even when he was shunted around 2 or 3 positions in a losing team.  One thing I think he does need though is a partner up there, he's not suited to being a hold up player. If we could get someone with a bit more presence up there with him I think it could be fruitful. 

"That's like being awarded the prize of best haircut at a Tommy Robinson rally"

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

That cheered me right up, hopefully it helps OKIII get through Gallagher re-signing.

I was quite vocal about how shite I thought Seagal was up until we started deploying him up front and he started to win me over. I'm actually quite happy we've retained him, I reckon with the right service he could be an asset at this level.

I'm still hoping to see someone else come in to partner him/challenge him for his spot.

That's the Seagal confirmed for another year.  OKI is somewhere shaking his head in disbelief.
Actually I'm quite relaxed about this as I think I've jaloosed Stevie's signing policy on a much reduced budget.

Dowie, Barrs (2), Hutton and Forbes as the foundation, each on a decent skin, and then another grouping, smaller in number than last term and on more modest dosh.

As I posted some weeks ago this is the new reality, so welcome hame Seagal, go ahead and prove me wrong.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

4 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

*Granted that's like being awarded the prize of best haircut at a Tommy Robinson rally, but still.

My band was playing at a charity gig at the Glasgow Marriott a few years ago. It was a kind of X factor format and Sanjeev Kholi was one of the judges. The lassie who introduced us said we were "One of Helensburgh's best blues bands" In his comments Kholi said that the description was akin to being "One of Falkirk's tallest fishmongers".

Good that Gallagher has signed on again. I share the notion that he might get a few goals if deployed properly. I'd like to see a big striker come in - a kind of Roddy Grant/Chris Templeman type.  A kind of useful Colin Nish if you like. Is there anyone who might fit that bill? Gallagher might look even better in that company.

26 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

My band was playing at a charity gig at the Glasgow Marriott a few years ago. It was a kind of X factor format and Sanjeev Kholi was one of the judges. The lassie who introduced us said we were "One of Helensburgh's best blues bands" In his comments Kholi said that the description was akin to being "One of Falkirk's tallest fishmongers".

Superb stuff Rab. 

24 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Good that Gallagher has signed on again. I share the notion that he might get a few goals if deployed properly. I'd like to see a big striker come in - a kind of Roddy Grant/Chris Templeman type.  A kind of useful Colin Nish if you like. Is there anyone who might fit that bill? Gallagher might look even better in that company.

What's John Gemmell up to these days? :lol:

We'll need to wait and see how Gallagher does in League 1 performance wise but we're guaranteed he'll put in an absolute shift wherever he's deployed. Judging on last season he isn't the most clinical player but if he gets enough chances he'll put one away. Hopefully Forbes can tee them up for him all day long.

Michael Doyle would be another really good signing especially since we're needing a right back.

Also - Handling wanting more money [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Archived