• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Introduced a financial discipline and infrastructure where there was none? Also, he was pretty much proven right on drumgate wasn’t he? (Talking here about a drumstick being used as a missile which could have cost the club a hefty fine or other sanctions)

I had no idea he was so important. I got the distinct impression he was useless and hence why he was emptied. Perhaps the info I have is wide of the mark.

Can't agree on drumgate, he confiscated it for the wrong reasons and at a time where no hassle was occurring. Just because one of the lads ended up lobbing a drumstick at a game weeks after drumgate doesn't make Meade's actions correct at that time.

17 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Well, I'm told that for the first time in years we started submitting actual gas and electricity meter readings instead of estimates.

Albeit it £68K had to be cut from this season's playing budget as a result.

To think Brechin City's manager complained about no hot water in the Away dressing room :lol:

On 7/29/2018 at 08:55, Ross Forbes said:

You know what really got me about yesterday? The amount of guys (presumably like the folk we were talking about on this thread the other day) who were complaining that 'nothing's changed over the summer' and 'we'll do well to stay up in League One with this squad'.

We started with seven players who have yet to make their league debut for us (including Forbes given his was a decade ago), yet I couldn't disagree with them. To me though that highlights where the issue is lying. If you can change almost an entire team, yet produce the same performance then the issue is with setup. I just hope that Stevie is brave enough to change things, because if he isn't then he's going to have a seriously impatient home support to deal with.

We've won ten of our 33 games this year (eight in 31 you take out the friendly wins against EK and the Colts or 8 in 30 competitively). Yesterday was the 18th time we haven't scored in a game since the turn of the year. In that time we've scored 24 goals in competitive games.  24 goals in 30 games. I understand what people are saying about us being traditionally slow starters, but I'm afraid that, that simply won't be acceptable this year. Stevie used up the goodwill he'd built up towards the end of 2016/17 last season - and he now needs to convince an awful lot of people (myself included) that he can set a team up to take the game to their opponents.

East Fife should be solid defensively, but (as I'm sure their own fans are saying) look like they'll struggle for goals. If we try and play cagey football against them then that will play right into their hands.

I'm trying not to take anything from the Betfred run. Ultimately we played Spartans with a team of debutants, controlled the game and should've won it in normal time. Which I can deal with. We played like the Harlem Globetrotters for 40 minutes against Queen's Park, and then got progressively deeper and deeper. The first 40 gave me hope. We did pretty well against Killie and were horrendous yesterday. None of those games are going to be like the League though.

We'll be able to tell pretty quickly next week how Stevie will approach League One. And if it involves having the names 'Hutton' and 'Carswell' next to each other on the teamsheet then I'd be confident in saying he won't end the season as Dumbarton manager. Playing with six defensively minded outfield players as the (joint?) League favourites will not end well.

Told. You.

Archived