52 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

Pub discussion /argument. How many red-headed successful managers have there been?

Neil Lennon (but his barnet is dyed).

Any others?

I don't care how many others have been successful, I only care whether the one we currently have/are stuck with* is successful.

*delete depending on latest results.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All this chat of sides has me thinking...

For those who are in favour of the boards approach and/or keeping Aitken, what would it take for you to want him bagged? Say Raith beat us on Saturday and we can only muster up a point against Stranraer would that signal the end for Aitken in your eyes? Or would he deserve more time?

As a flipside to that, would a win against Raith and Stranraer be enough to change the minds of those who want to see him punted as of now?

Is the next 2 games too soon to take action? Should he be given longer into the 2nd quarter if there is no signs of improvement over the next couple of games?

October could be a very interesting month.

I'm of the mindset that the time has come now for change. Whether it happens or not is another matter entirely.

Wins against Raith and Stranraer wouldn't be enough to completely change my stance, but it'd certainly buy some favour, if you will.

For me it's kind of a 2/3 game rolling goodwill. Win the next two and it buys a bit of wiggle room. Fail to win any of the next 2/3 after that and we'd be almost back to where we are now in the table.

From the diabolical start we've had, we now need to start winning (and not losing, I'm not totally unreasonable) and continuing a decent run of form, not a stop-start win/lose/draw type affair.

Thanks to all who came up with the names of red-headed managers. (E'gad, the drink has certainly rotted my brain cells.)

One thing I notice about the list, though, is that none of them were really successful in stints outside of Scotland. 

I think.

On 23/09/2018 at 11:42, Ross Forbes said:

Todd is a regular for Queen of the South

He hasnt played a single game for us as a forward though. He spent his loan spell last season playing as a left midfielder and has been reinvented as a playmaking central midfielder alongside Kyle Jacobs this season with Andy Stirling coming back from his loan a different player and making a wide midfield spot his own.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He hasnt played a single game for us as a forward though. He spent his loan spell last season playing as a left midfielder and has been reinvented as a playmaking central midfielder alongside Kyle Jacibs this season with Andy Stirling coming back from his loan a different player and making a wide midfield spot his own.

I think he actually came to us as an attacking midfielder not an out-and-out forward, but we played him on the wing for the most part. The whole striker thing was probably a bit too specific, I was really just highlighting that he was another attacking player that we got nothing out of (0 goals and 1 assist in 27 games) who is now doing well at a bigger club.

I'm really pleased to hear that Andy Stirling is finally showing his worth. He can be downright unplayable on his day, but even when he isn't at it continues to work himself into the ground and never hides. Strikes me as the sort of player you'd want to have as a teammate. 

Archived