• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone (apologies - can't remember who) suggested Aitken may believe that he can turn things around. THAT, to me, is positively scary.

If he can't see that he's lost the players, that they either don't want to play for him or play to his system, then he should have the courtesy to walk. Although, as all the preceding negatives suggest,  he is  dumb as to his tactics and team selections.

(More apologies:  several hours in the Drymen Inn have contributed to this statement.)

38 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Yeah but they kept going  until they got Jack Ross and hit the jackpot.

We've hit the jackpot with each one of our managers since McCabe.

Chapman won us a title, Adamson the playoffs, Muzz kept us up against all odds and had us dreaming of the Premiership and Stevie kept us up in consecutive seasons, got us to a cup final and recorded memorable wins against Hibs, Dundee United and St Mirren.

I'm not saying that Stevie shouldn't go. But I think, to their credit, our board have done very well over the past decade when it comes to managerial decisions.

1 minute ago, albundy said:

If I recall Ross was in charge for a handful of games post Adamson and there was no outcry when he wasn't the ft appointment.

That being said, we definitely lacked something after he left for hearts.

He was, aye. Got us our first win in the First Division (against Cowden) and a Scottish Cup win (4-1) against East Stirlingshire.

We also lost 4-3 to Airdrie after being 3-2 up after 90 minutes, 4-0 to Dunfermline and 1-5 to Morton though :lol:

Okay,  I'll give you an outside managerial suggestion: Ross Jack.

Experienced player, coaching badges, part of the Scotland youth set-up, and with connections to the town.

Things didn't work out at Elgin (was it?) but that was due to circumstances outwith his remit. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance, even on an 'until the end of the season' basis.

6 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

Okay,  I'll give you an outside managerial suggestion: Ross Jack.

Experienced player, coaching badges, part of the Scotland youth set-up, and with connections to the town.

Things didn't work out at Elgin (was it?) but that was due to circumstances outwith his remit. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance, even on an 'until the end of the season' basis.

If we're chucking names about I'll give you someone who wants to get into management, is young, has played at a high level and would be handsome enough for us.

Massimo Donati.

I watched his interview with Simon Ferry last night and was really impressed. He's quite an intense guy, and seems very driven about making a career in management. 

I've no idea what he's like as a coach, and I've no idea if he'd do a good job for us, but if Stevie goes he's the sort of guy I'd at least like to see us interview. The way he speaks reminds me quite a bit of Slaviša Jokanović.

28 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

We've hit the jackpot with each one of our managers since McCabe.

Chapman won us a title, Adamson the playoffs, Muzz kept us up against all odds and had us dreaming of the Premiership and Stevie kept us up in consecutive seasons, got us to a cup final and recorded memorable wins against Hibs, Dundee United and St Mirren.

I'm not saying that Stevie shouldn't go. But I think, to their credit, our board have done very well over the past decade when it comes to managerial decisions.

He was, aye. Got us our first win in the First Division (against Cowden) and a Scottish Cup win (4-1) against East Stirlingshire.

We also lost 4-3 to Airdrie after being 3-2 up after 90 minutes, 4-0 to Dunfermline and 1-5 to Morton though :lol:

Board has been great in that respect since neil rankine left.I am not blaming them for our current situation.I blame SA and he ought to move on.Our board have arguably been one of the best in a very long time.

3 minutes ago, optimistic said:

With any luck, Stevie will have handed his cv in to all three managerial vacancies

I've every confidence that they'll be interested. After all Stevie is "one of the most highly rated young Scottish prospects in Management" according to a post I clocked last night on the Facebook group.

Archived