3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only 4 weeks in here...

Dumbarton have struggled thus far, Aitchison could change things. Raith have also struggled so far, they should really be on 5 points after 4 games. Not that bad a call.

I would never say we will win anything though. No matter what we’re playing like I can never enjoy it, always have that fear of a horror show being just around the corner.

Well, we scored more goals than Airdrie during the alloted time so not sure why we "should" be on 5 points.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On you go then

All I said was, in reply to someone saying Raith will walk it, possibly you, is that they’ve got weaker, I cited 4 players that have left, Thomson/Spence/Barr/Furtado and their 4 replacements Nisbet/Flanagan/Duggan and Watson, saying that they’ve got IMO weaker. That’s it.

Then I had said that I’m not sure about you guys because you seemed to lack pace, width and energy, before a ball was even kicked. Also said I wouldn’t be overly excited about Loy which I got slagged up for.

Don’t think you’ll find many Raith or Dumbarton fans that would disagree with that so far. No Raith fan will think they’ll be walking it just because they’re full time and no Dumbarton fan will say they’re convinced with Dumbarton or Rory Loy either, results and performances back that up.

I’ve never said Arbroath will win the league, if I have it’s been tongue in cheek, I just said on the Brechin thread how much I shite it no matter who were playing.

Stop stirring. emoji12.png

For what it's worth, the only one of those who look weaker is potentially Watson - and even then he's looked alright. Pretty confident Flanagan, Nesbit and Duggan will give us more than Spence, Furtado and Barr. 

I fear these good people hoping or expecting a resignation letter will be sorely disappointed.

We're in a terrible mess only five league games in and now due to the lethargy we've shown on the pitch, the lack of direction and piss poor performances coupled with an awful, awful start in terms of results, the board are in a position they shouldn't be in. The word untenable comes to mind...

Being booed off away from home five league games in is quite a statement.

Anyone who said they thought relegation last season would be a good thing like to comment? :huh:

With the greatest of respect, I think it's easy to say that just now. Had we been winning games, nobody would have been harking back to the aftermath of our relegation.

In all the years I've been watching us, it's as close as I've come to just being 'meh' about it. It was no surprise to see Stenhousemuir go on and win the game having been very limited (no disrespect intended) throughout, but there was a sad inevitably about it all.

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Anyone who said they thought relegation last season would be a good thing like to comment? :huh:

We're dropping like a stone, great to see Chairman among the fans today but it means nothing if we are leaderless on the pitch/dugout.

Some fans thought it would be great, League 1, winning games again blah blah.

I have used the joking phrase we are going 'Full Cowdenbeath', but it's a real fear tbh.

Just now, Silverton End said:

I have used the joking phrase we are going 'Full Cowdenbeath', but it's a real fear tbh.

It's happened to many teams over the years (back-to-back relegations from tier two to tier four): Cowdenbeath, Morton, Clyde, Hamilton, ourselves.

It can happen again, if things aren't addressed.

Interesting to see no support for Stevie now. Not even from the most loyal "give him a chance" that had their reasons after last week. He won't walk, we need to sack, do the board have the balls? It's time for Mr Steele to endear himself to us all even more and pull the trigger.

Just another wee thing I noticed when reading the league table this morning. We’ve conceded the second highest number of goals in the division.

Defence was always Stevie’s thing. Alright we’ve taken a few hammerings under him, but for the most part we were defensively alright with our problems at the other end of the pitch. This season we can’t seem to defend or attack.

Had a further read into his stats too. We’ve won back-to-back league games under him four times in his three and a bit seasons - or 113 games if you prefer. He won his first two games, enjoyed a decent run later in that season and managed it twice last season (three against Brechin and one v Inverness in that run). That’s it.

He can make as many excuses as he wants: Being part-time, having a busy schedule, Bonnyrigg being a really tough place to come, being a scalp or having a lengthy injury list. Whatever. But the stats make for grim reading and the excuses are now tiresome.

Archived