Aitchison story is now in the Evening Times, featuring a quote from Stevie. This is all very 'English transfer saga' :lol:
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16604097.celtic-kid-jack-aitchison-set-for-dumbarton-loan-spell/?ref=rss

Surely this means Stevie has been given money to sign more than one player? He can’t be spunking the last of the budget on a striker when we already have 5 or 6 options up top can he?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are all in agreement we are not very well off. Stevie probably has spent a good bit on the squad we have however I would be amazed if there wasn't a few quid left in the pot for a couple of 'emergency' signings depending on how the season started. It would be a pretty rapid slide downwards if we could only field 11 plus 1 outfield sub for a number of weeks. If this wasn't the case serious questions would need to be asked of the manager and the board.

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I think we are all in agreement we are not very well off. Stevie probably has spent a good bit on the squad we have however I would be amazed if there wasn't a few quid left in the pot for a couple of 'emergency' signings depending on how the season started. It would be a pretty rapid slide downwards if we could only field 11 plus 1 outfield sub for a number of weeks. If this wasn't the case serious questions would need to be asked of the manager and the board.

What questions should the board have to answer?

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aitken said: “It is not over the line yet"

Looks like he's learned f**k all from the Ryan Porteous farce.

Yep, would be absolutely farcical if we lose out on him now because Aitken made it public.

58 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, would be absolutely farcical if we lose out on him now because Aitken made it public.

To be fair, we don't know it was Aitken made it public. Most of yesterday's sources seemed closer to Sellick than Dumbarton. And there's been not a peep on our website or official Social Media about it.

If a reporter called Aitken and weedled a quote out if him, that's different to Stevie 'going public.'

What questions should the board have to answer?

I'd like to think they'd have the foresight to have a few quid set aside for a rainy day. And if the current plight continues much longer then it might be considered that its proverbially pouring.
This. Surely they would have given aitken a budget but kept a bit aside for emergencies in case half our team was injured all at the one time.......

This. Surely they would have given aitken a budget but kept a bit aside for emergencies in case half our team was injured all at the one time.......

Perhaps the club would have a fund in place for removal of a manager.

The club have backed him thus far, but he has massive job ahead of him to turn this around, especially with the fans, we need more entertainment on the park, playing style and goals. He’s had more games in charge of any manager, since early 70’s apparently, so he’s been backed, but maybe the end is nigh.

Many have continually supported him, even after bad results, but I reckon the tide has turned, and there’s more for him getting removed as manager than against.

31 minutes ago, sonsrealfan said:

The board need to step up to the plate and back Stevie!! The same way evrybody needs back him and the boys on Saturday and stop the negative crap. Thank god we are away from home is all im saying.

He's had more money allocated to his budget than any other manager in history, yet his football is awful to watch (mostly), and consistent success is something that he seems unable to deliver.

6 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I'd like to think they'd have the foresight to have a few quid set aside for a rainy day. And if the current plight continues much longer then it might be considered that its proverbially pouring.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I'm sorry but why would they do that? They set a budget, appoint a manager and let him spend the budget how he wishes. Are we saying we should hold off budget for 2 or 3 players from the original budget we set the manager? 

I would be surprised if the club weren't setting aside money in the event that Aitken needs handed his jotters, but if he's the gaffer then you back him with all the money you can afford to. Its up to the manager to prepare for any injuries in his squad not the board. The board are there to make sure he adheres to his budget, that's it.

Archived