• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good opening day.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the performance of any of the teams in the division, although Arbroath's 4 goals is a bit of a headline grabber.

Couldn't make the game today but following twitter it seemed like we had some good spells balanced with a few times when we were under pressure. We got the goals and opened our campaign with a win. It would be good if we could build a bit of positivity around the club. The fans have worked hard to get the interior of the ground tidied and freshened up. We had the murder mystery dinner. We've got the comedy night coming up. We've got entertainment on match days before the game and - fingers crossed - we'll have some entertainment on the park.

The club needs fans to get behind it. It's early days but it's great to start the season proper off with 2 goals and 3 points. Lets hope we can build on that in the coming weeks.

(and I'm just back from the bookies having collected on a winning coupon that included a Dumbarton win - how often does that ever happen?)

Well said BSF.

Add to that a club chairman who comes across as very proactive, positive and approachable; as well as fan focussed. How often could we have said that in the last, say, 100+ years.

C&G also appear to be a very positive sponsor. In it for the long term with a business model that supports our part time status, headed by a local guy.

There’s challenges ahead, no doubt. But when you stand back and look there’s also lots to be positive about.

Hopefully Ballantyne's knock isn't enough to keep him out of next week.
Forfar will be tough with the real dangers of Baird and Hilson, but it would be lovely to build strongly on today.
Aye, I'd agree regarding Ballantyne. It sounds like he's really struggled since he signed.

Out of interest, does anyone know if he has a history of injury issues or has he just been unlucky since joining us?

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, I'd agree regarding Ballantyne. It sounds like he's really struggled since he signed.

Out of interest, does anyone know if he has a history of injury issues or has he just been unlucky since joining us?

Not sure about his history but he walked off as opposed to limping off so hopefully it is more precautionary than anything else. I would have expected he wouldn't have last 90 mins today anyway so keeping fingers crossed he will be okay for next week.

Couldn't make the game but the first time in a long time I have watched the updates without a deep fear in the pit of my stomach waiting for the "I knew it" moments when we lost goals.

Even at one up the feeling of being relaxed about the result was unusual and hugely enjoyable.

It makes a change watching our rivals' scores in terms of promotion rivals, instead of relegation rivals (while in no way expecting promotion, or taking it for granted).

Today's win was vital and well done to everyone involved. After a shaky opening spell you could sense confidence and understanding beginning to seep through, and by time up we were well worth the three points.

I still don't like the Carswell/Hutton pairing but the latter had a very decent second half.

It's early days but we've hit the ground running and we need all those who have quietly slipped away in recent times to get their arse on a seat next Saturday.

SA told Ballantyne to go down so he could make the substitution - I wonder how much of it was a case of playing safe because of the plastic pitch.

The first "Pack it in, Aitken" of the league season was timed at 10 minutes.

19 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

SA told Ballantyne to go down so he could make the substitution - I wonder how much of it was a case of playing safe because of the plastic pitch.

From where I was sitting it was Ian Durrant doing the shouting

Given that six out of nine of our opponents in the division have artificial pitches we'd better get used to them

Great to start the league campaign with a win away to a half decent league 1 side.

Well done Sons.

Where are all those that were extremely critical last week. Anything positive to say this week lads and lassies?

Archived