A fairly attrocious first half showing there. I've no idea why we are relentlessly lumping balls up to Loy who isn't even attempting to win anything in the air.

Dowie having an absolute stinker at the back and for a team with 2 defensive midfielders we get alarmingly carved open every time St Mirren fancy a wander up the park.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though we have nothing to play for that is no excuse for a shite performance when fans are paying good money .How this changes before next week i do not know, but if this is the fayre we can expect this season then a change in the dugout is really needed.This negative pish is soul destroying.

This is fairly pish. We have a couple of players who aren’t good enough, we have a few more players who aren’t up for it today and some who’s decision-making has been very poor... but we also have two defensive midfielders who, despite being good players, can’t seem to defend people running at them with the ball, or stop long shots (this was a problem all last season, including the play off final).

Thankfully didn't make it to the game today.  Dodged a bullet clearly.

I was actually quite optimistic for the season ahead but now I'm fearing East Fife turn us over next week.  Massive reaction needed. 

Can C&G no get Aitken a wee job on the railways to cover his compensation? :whistle 

A truly woeful performance, not one player getting pass marks and in particular Hutton, Carswell, Forbes, Loy and Dowie were dreadful. An absolutely mammoth upturn in performance is required for next week. That was 6 going on about 15 and one of the worst Sons performances I've ever witnessed.

I agree that Adam looks a liability. Caught in no mans land for the 6th and I get the absolute fear every time he gets the ball and has to try and work it onto his left foot. We also look weak in both full back positions, lets hope Ballantyne is as good as reports suggest. Carswell and Hutton should never ever play alongside each other, Hutton swans around like he couldn't give a f**k and should 100% be relegated to the bench unless Carswell is injured.

I must admit, I've taken very few postives from this League Cup campaign despite numerous others (including the manager) reminding us it has been positive. A draw with Spartans in what was, by all accounts, a bang average performance. Scraping by Queens Park with a semi decent first half and a poor second half. A semi decent 2nd half performance v Killie doesn't count, we conceded 4 goals for f**k sake. Then we have today's absolute minter of an effort. Bar some (very) short 5 minute spells of some decent passing moves I'm seriously struggling to find any positives. Lets hope it has been a case of saving ourselves for the league.

Next week is massive, and we'll be able to tell from the teamsheet whether Stevie was content with that or not. 

Last week we did a bit of attacking and gave Killie a good game and everyone was pretty positive. Today we returned to last season's tactics and Saints cruised it.

Bench Hutton. Start the SeaGal and Loy up top together and for the love of God attack.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A truly woeful performance, not one player getting pass marks and in particular Hutton, Carswell, Forbes, Loy and Dowie were dreadful. An absolutely mammoth upturn in performance is required for next week. That was 6 going on about 15 and one of the worst Sons performances I've ever witnessed.

I agree that Adam looks a liability. Caught in no mans land for the 6th and I get the absolute fear every time he gets the ball and has to try and work it onto his left foot. We also look weak in both full back positions, lets hope Ballantyne is as good as reports suggest. Carswell and Hutton should never ever play alongside each other, Hutton swans around like he couldn't give a f**k and should 100% be relegated to the bench unless Carswell is injured.

I must admit, I've taken very few postives from this League Cup campaign despite numerous others (including the manager) reminding us it has been positive. A draw with Spartans in what was, by all accounts, a bang average performance. Scraping by Queens Park with a semi decent first half and a poor second half. A semi decent 2nd half performance v Killie doesn't count, we conceded 4 goals for f**k sake. Then we have today's absolute minter of an effort. Bar some (very) short 5 minute spells of some decent passing moves I'm seriously struggling to find any positives. Lets hope it has been a case of saving ourselves for the league.

I feel a change at the helm is needed as it seems SA has a hangover from the last few seasons and  still thinks hes playing hibs rangers etc the team seem to go out negative which is just frustrating as f**k.Seriously need a change of attitude..win lose or draw..its not results its attitude and style of play.

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

I feel a change at the helm is needed as it seems SA has a hangover from the last few seasons and  still thinks hes playing hibs rangers etc the team seem to go out negative which is just frustrating as f**k.Seriously need a change of attitude..win lose or draw..its not results its attitude and style of play.

As much as I'd love for him to go I don't see Aitken going anywhere unless he himself wants to chuck it.  

I don't think he'll be winning me over anytime soon, though.  What a brutal result - and from what I've heard and read - performance.

Maybe the boys were still heartbroken about the cup final though? :thumsup2

Archived