On the strips front, the one I'd ordered for my daughter arrived at weekend. Very quick turn around. Quality is much better this time with a proper embroidered badge. 
It's actually grown on me a bit though still think the thin gold bands are unnecessary and a clean white would have been better. 

At £5.95 postage, it should be quick. What "courier" service did they use ? I ordered a t-shirt over the weekend and would hope to have it by tomorrow morning at the latest for that price.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jumbo Muir said:

At £5.95 postage, it should be quick. What "courier" service did they use ? I ordered a t-shirt over the weekend and would hope to have it by tomorrow morning at the latest for that price.

For that price I fully expect Stuart Carswell to knock on my door, hand it over and then make my lunch.

I also paid the 5.95 to DPD. I think the quality is good. My only issue are that Joma strips are quite tight fitting so ended up buying a bigger size than normal to fit around my ever increasing midriff. Coupled with the fact I'm a short chap just means it fits nice but keeps my ankles warm too

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I also paid the 5.95 to DPD. I think the quality is good. My only issue are that Joma strips are quite tight fitting so ended up buying a bigger size than normal to fit around my ever increasing midriff. Coupled with the fact I'm a short chap just means it fits nice but keeps my ankles warm too

Stay away from the pie stall, fatty tights. ;)

5 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Garry Fleming has signed for Kilwinning. Great bit of business from them, he should absolutely run the show back in the Juniors.

More importantly, if he gets fit and does well would Stevie consider bringing him back???

No doubt a few Sons fans will make a trip to a junior game this season.
In with the away fans at Holm Park, cheering on Kilwinning Rangers against the Bankies.

That’ll be Maryhill Jrs. Where the Bankies will be this season ( so I was told on Saturday)

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Can anyone explain why the Kilmarnock game would have had to be postponed because too many Killie fans turned up?

I was struggling with that a wee bit too but my guess is this. After letting so many Killie fans into the game which was too many for the away end, the two options I see were to let them sit in the home end or to give them their money back and ask them to leave. The club are not going to ask 100 or so drunken Killie fans to leave after accepting their money, so that leaves the home end option. I think the suggestion is that if the home fans had refused to move to let them be accommodated, the police may have halted the game as there would be too many people in the away end for it to be safe to continue? Obviously if that was the case then the club take full responsibility for letting so many away fans in (do our turnstiles not have a counter?), we likely lose the tie 3-0 for being unable to host the game and possibly fined? Who knows. 

In any case, if this had happened this time last year no fans would've been thanked for moving. I'm glad that the club are trying to build communications that way, however trivial the thanks may seem.

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was struggling with that a wee bit too but my guess is this. After letting so many Killie fans into the game which was too many for the away end, the two options I see were to let them sit in the home end or to give them their money back and ask them to leave. The club are not going to ask 100 or so drunken Killie fans to leave after accepting their money, so that leaves the home end option. I think the suggestion is that if the home fans had refused to move to let them be accommodated, the police may have halted the game as there would be too many people in the away end for it to be safe to continue? Obviously if that was the case then the club take full responsibility for letting so many away fans in (do our turnstiles not have a counter?), we likely lose the tie 3-0 for being unable to host the game and possibly fined? Who knows. 

In any case, if this had happened this time last year no fans would've been thanked for moving. I'm glad that the club are trying to build communications that way, however trivial the thanks may seem.

Where were the police at that time? (As far as I saw, the usual two arrived at half-time for a quick and probably some hospitality left-overs. The same as v. QP.)

I was seriously worried - if trouble had broken out our kiddie stewards would hardly have been capable of dealing with it.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Agree that the thanks is good PR. And I didn't realise that they had already been allowed in to the stadium before being moved. As you say though you would think a turnstile that is less than twenty years old would have a counter on it.

Archived