Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

jimbaxters

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:30, CopaMundials said:

Oh Elton or Rod , I knew it was one of the 2 . Och get off your soap box Squirrel jumper , i'm no interested in your European nights or your fabby acoustics or talking about Ayr or Killie , im talking about junior fitba .

How many did you say again you got ? Was it 15,000 , naw it was 15,000 oh wait was it no 15,000 .

Anyway , Somerset park for next seasons final should it be 2 Ayrshire teams . Get it in a gid auld traditional junior like footy stadium instead of a soulless breeze block built white elephant .

Ha, you'll fit right in a Somerset.

Stuck in the 50s like most of the Ayrshire Junior fans on here.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:43, kilMARKnock said:
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:36, Duraglit shareholder said:
Are Killie ripping up the carpet end of this season coming,i hope so, even Cumnocks carpet looks a lot better to play on,maybe a player thats played on both could tell us  whats superior,or give their opinion on who has the best artificial surface around.For me the junior beaks must book St Mirrens ground now,then we all  know where next years final will be held,a great grass surface,central location and guaranteed atmosphere due to the capacity,surely it cant be that difficult to organise as Rugby Park is way to big for the occasion and if we are not bothering to try to generate atmosphere for the final,then take it to Hampden like the amateurs and give the players a carreer highlight of running out at the national stadium............And a very well done to Shortlees Amateurs in matching Talbot, winning their Scottish cup too,a great achievement all round.

Allegedly we are, thankfully back to grass and the pitch will, I believe, be moved to the new training facilities as per project fucking brave. We know the failings of the stadium but that's where we were at when Fleeting built it and where he was taking us. Used to enjoy the finals in the old stadium and remember a great day out at a Talbot Kilbirnie final, like the rest of Scottish football all levels seem to be in need of better leadership, new ideas and a resurgence.

When we go back to grass I doubt we'll have any appetite for hosting the game.

Not as if there's that much money made from it and means we can start work on the pitch straight away. Only way I can see a decent senior ground with a grass park giving allowing it, would be if the Cup Final was closer to our season ending.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:02, Owen Morgan said:

The pitch was bad on Sunday, the stand where Talbot fans were was too cramped, surprised there wasn't an accident. It's been a great venue to Talbot, but I much preferred the old Rugby Park. Wonder how Killie fans feel?

In what way would there be an accident?

Sat in it for 24 years since it was built and whilst the seats haven't great leg room, I've never thought there was danger of an accident?

I'm 6ft 2" and it doesn't really bother me.

3 hours ago, Shanner said:

Talbot are well down the list of Ayrshire clubs you could accuse of being Rangers fans without the bus fare.  They're supported by most of the community and you only ever see the very occasional senior team top at their matches among the far greater number of Talbot colours. There will be a lot of "big team/wee team" fans like you get at all Junior clubs but that is generally left at the door in my experience. 

Your post reminds me of the lazy shite you hear particularly from Weegies who's first hand experience of the situation is minimal at best and usually boils down to regurgitating some pish their mate has told them. 

IMG_1864.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gimme said:
29 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:
Not far off now. 

63 or 64 clubs in the west.

Maximum 32 clubs in the north.

Assuming Lithgae and Sauchie leave, somewhere around 37 clubs in the East. 

So only takes another four or five East leavers to get down below  the 128. 

Isn't there at least one side who withdraw last year as they couldn't field a team that are expected to be excluded from next seasons competition?

Sounds familiar. Is it Cruden Bay maybe?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

When did Talbot have 5,000? Certainly wasn't Sunday. That stand doesn't hold 5,000 for starters and was nowhere near full.

You sit in it every second week,what does that stand hold.I was informed by a killie man its capacity is 5600 seats,is that wrong.What i can say,and the tv pictures prove,it was close to being full.

7 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Your win last week is the last credible win in the cup with all the east giants of the juniors gone. It's no longer the scottish cup anymore and won't attract the same interest it's another part of the juniors that is dead in my opinion. All I ever wanted was beith to win the scottish glad we got it before the exodus but now it's nothing more than a glorified west cup. 

Everything from West prem to scottish just does not have the same appeal 

I agree  that 2017/18  is likely to be remembered as the last "true" Scottish cup by most onlookers, which is a hard thing to admit about your favorite football tournament in the World. 

I'm massively in favour of an integrated solution to the current situation that takes everyone along, leaves no teams behind,  and works hard to retain the best aspects of the Juniors,  putting some much needed character, tradition and diversity into a fairly modern and sterile Pyramid non-league, certainly in the Lowland area anyway. 

That notion looks dead in the water now and the prospect of watching the impending decline of what is (and always has been) easily the best non-League competition in Scotland is unbelievably sad, more so because it could have been avoided with more cooperation and dialogue at the early stages. If that wasn't enough we all know it's inevitable that the Junior game will shrink westwards like the wee map at the beginning of Dad's Army until reaching a tipping point whereby it will be engulfed anyway, having spunked the considerable political leverage it once enjoyed.  

Meanwhile you see folk on here putting the boot into the Cup while  still claiming to be fans of Junior football which I find utterly mental given the incredible romance and history of the thing, it's an absolute treasure and you don't need to have won it 12 times to regard it as such.

Look at the list of early winners from the past that would be all but forgotten but for their place on that list and consider what they represent in terms of Scotland's social, political and cultural past and you might come to the same realisation as me that it's more or less blasphemous to risk losing it. Teams with symbols of industry on their badges and names that transports you straight to a time and place.  This is why despite being quite progressive about restructuring I've got no time for some of the pyramid roasters on here who would fling the baby out with bathwater in the name of some OCD quest to have everything under a single umbrella at all costs. 

Anyway, the timing of all this has made the Talbot win on Sunday stand out as particularly special among their 12 wins.  They're clearly the team immediately synonymous with the competition to most folk and only the biggest curmudgeon would ague that they don't deserve to be the last winner of the competition in it's final pomp as a National trophy. There  was something brilliantly poetic about seeing all the threads of the story came together at the death as Tucker Sloan finally surpassed Knox with those 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of what feels like the last cup.  A bittersweet day. 

When did Talbot have 5,000? Certainly wasn't Sunday. That stand doesn't hold 5,000 for starters and was nowhere near full.
East Stand holds 4904 I believe.

To be fair to Talbot their end looked pretty full on TV. Maybe 300-400 empty seats maximum?! So I think Killie ticket counters were either at it or Talbot & Hurlford had a lot of freebie tickets or kids getting in for free as official attendance 4874 since at least 500 in main stand minimum?!

13 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

You dont seem impressed that Talbot can muster 5 thousand supporters from a  small community refering it to nice,its a f@#king brilliant support,along with more than the thousand that travelled to Dundee for the semi.Although we will never capture the 14k crowds of the 80s finals due to the economic and de population of the area,its still a remarkable turn out to be proud of.Compare that with this seasons premier  league play off crowds,not much between them,is their?

Muster 5k there was less than 5k at the final of which Hurlford had around 1.5k . The Talbot hoards in finals are diminishing by large amounts. Probably winning it too often it's getting a bit repetitive for a few. So on that analogy let someone else win it ya greedy so and so's

The fact that you hold isa with any regard suggests there’s little point debating with you.
Ive said several times on this thread well done to Talbot, it doesnt mean that I can’t make the observation that the SJFA cup has diminished in stature.
The Scottish junior cup hasn't diminished in statute this season. Every junior team present and 'past would have loved to be in Talbot' s shoes during injury time on Sunday. Every single one of you. If you sent it then your lying. Yes, the cup will be diminished next season but it will still be the cup every junior club will want to win. Fact!!

Who really cares how many wad at the game. The ones that were there had a ball. That is what football is about. Maybe it didn't mean much to other teams because they were jealous but my goodness, to me it was amazing!! I hope every single person alive gets to feel what I felt n sunday at least once in their lives.

Can't believe you guys are still talking about that final..
A dreadful advert for junior football. No quality on show. Very disappointed after all the hype about how West clubs could compete at League 1 and all that garbage.
Think that nonsense was firmly put to bed after that display

For anyone, like TheLad that still doesn't get it....winning the Junior Cup Final means you have to get there in the first place, and once you're there it's all about winning it, nothing else matters.

In this season's ties we had a ratehr easy first tie against Forres Thistle who we beat 8-0, we then beat Hill O'Beath 2-0 away in what many thought would be a very tought tie against a decent side. We then went to Cumnock and thrashed them 5-1 before beating Pollok 4-1, and then Carnoustie 2-0 away from home in the quarters. We then came from a home defeat at Lochee United to win 2-0 in Dundee with very late goals indeed - because this team never knows when to give up. We might not win every game, but we never fail to try and do so.

Bar the Forres game, every other club we played was a Super League side, so that's one impressive record. It may have escaped your notice, but this year's FA Cup Final was of a terrible standard, but is anyone suggesting that Chelsea and Manchester United aren't capable of competing at the top level? Put your bitter pills away, pour yourself a glass of wine and chill out, or better still pop along to Townhead Park today and see what has the promise of being a very good game. On the other hand it could be awful, but that's football. I'd not have it any other way.

49 minutes ago, TheLad said:

A dreadful advert for junior football. No quality on show. Very disappointed after all the hype about how West clubs could compete at League 1 and all that garbage.

Would like to see your quality on a pitch, maybe you should step up to another level, obviously too good for juniors!

I'd love to see a quote that said West junior club's could compete in league 1 . Also if you can't believe it's still getting talked about stop reading about it then

Archived