Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

jimbaxters

5 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Only saw the 2nd half but I thought the picture quality from BBC Alba was bloody awful, I could hardly see a thing in certain areas of the pitch unless a pitch level camera was in use.

Too much glare from the pitch.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BC63 said:
17 hours ago, omar said:
The goalie had (in my opinion understandably given the lack of protection at set pieces) been going nuts from the end of the game onwards. He had booted water bottles, gloves and shin guards into the dug out.

An older guy from the Hurlford support went down and spoke to him to the left of the Hurlford dugout. It seemed that they were speaking amicably, but then the goalie became very angry and seemed to be offering the guy a square go. The guy then disappeared back up the stairs and the goalie was hustled down the tunnel.

Like you, I was sitting there as a neutral and couldn’t begin to speculate what had caused the argument.

Watching The replay and I think the goalie was at fault for both goals. He was too busy pushing Talbot players away from the front of him instead of concentrating on the ball.

Particularly noticeable at Talbot's second goal.

52 minutes ago, Appraisal said:

Henderson cost Hurlford the Cup, Ross Robertson was pulled back to defend every Talbot set play, Robertson substituted, the rest is history

Yeah,it seemed a strange substitution at that stage of the game.

Are Killie ripping up the carpet end of this season coming,i hope so, even Cumnocks carpet looks a lot better to play on,maybe a player thats played on both could tell us  whats superior,or give their opinion on who has the best artificial surface around.For me the junior beaks must book St Mirrens ground now,then we all  know where next years final will be held,a great grass surface,central location and guaranteed atmosphere due to the capacity,surely it cant be that difficult to organise as Rugby Park is way to big for the occasion and if we are not bothering to try to generate atmosphere for the final,then take it to Hampden like the amateurs and give the players a carreer highlight of running out at the national stadium............And a very well done to Shortlees Amateurs in matching Talbot, winning their Scottish cup too,a great achievement all round.

Are Killie ripping up the carpet end of this season coming,i hope so, even Cumnocks carpet looks a lot better to play on,maybe a player thats played on both could tell us  whats superior,or give their opinion on who has the best artificial surface around.For me the junior beaks must book St Mirrens ground now,then we all  know where next years final will be held,a great grass surface,central location and guaranteed atmosphere due to the capacity,surely it cant be that difficult to organise as Rugby Park is way to big for the occasion and if we are not bothering to try to generate atmosphere for the final,then take it to Hampden like the amateurs and give the players a carreer highlight of running out at the national stadium............And a very well done to Shortlees Amateurs in matching Talbot, winning their Scottish cup too,a great achievement all round.
If have the junior final at Love Street in the future.

Ooh Auchinleck have woken up.[emoji4] whats happened to the picture, has somebody set off a smoke bomb? Yaay the legend that is Tony McInally doing some work on the commentary.
Strange listening to Tony McInally and not saying "Slow it down" or "Take your time"

Allegedly we are, thankfully back to grass and the pitch will, I believe, be moved to the new training facilities as per project fucking brave. We know the failings of the stadium but that's where we were at when Fleeting built it and where he was taking us. Used to enjoy the finals in the old stadium and remember a great day out at a Talbot Kilbirnie final, like the rest of Scottish football all levels seem to be in need of better leadership, new ideas and a resurgence.

2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

A few difficulties though - for clubs not in the SPFL Premiership and not in the play offs, season ends end of April. Pitches get shut for the summer thereafter. To get a grass park still open the last weekend of May is very unlikely - not impossible but unlikely.

Hampden charge £20,000 for the hire. This makes it a non-starter for SJFA. The Scottish Amateur FA get it for free due to the QP's amateur status / history (they entered the SAFA Cup pretty recently too). 

A few difficulties though - for clubs not in the SPFL Premiership and not in the play offs, season ends end of April. Pitches get shut for the summer thereafter. To get a grass park still open the last weekend of May is very unlikely - not impossible but unlikely.
Hampden charge £20,000 for the hire. This makes it a non-starter for SJFA. The Scottish Amateur FA get it for free due to the QP's amateur status / history (they entered the SAFA Cup pretty recently too). 
How far away are we from requiring one round less in the Scottish? That should allow the final to be moved forward a few weeks.

8 hours ago, Gimme said:
9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

How far away are we from requiring one round less in the Scottish? That should allow the final to be moved forward a few weeks.

Nowhere near yet - you'd need to drop below 128 teams.

But yes, the game should be brought forward regardless per post above.

Archived