Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

jimbaxters

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I couldn't give a flying fox for the attendance.

The only stat that matters is we scored 3 and the time wasters got one less so it's party time down Beechwood way once again.

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Official attendance according to Scottish Non League review for that season was 9,304.:) So 300 short of double todays game.

The capacity at EEP is 11,380. I'd be amazed if it was 80% full that day but I suppose it's possible. The front enclosure was empty, as was half of the north stand, and both ends of the main stand were very sparse.

I'm now losing my evening to YouTube videos of old Rose games and trying to find the perfect footage of the near sold-out Almondvale for the semi-final between Rose and Bo'ness. 

The Talbot fans here should enjoy this: 

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

That's interesting. I wonder how it has been reduced since.

In any case, using those numbers there were 2,200 seats not in use from the 12,500 capacity, so I'm even more sure that official attendance is wrong. But it's no biggie and I don't want to hijack this thread with it.

Hope Henderson can't sleep tonight. The time wasting tactics - yet again - from the kick off are designed to kill the game stone dead, The brutatlity of some of the fouls were probably pre determined as well. How the number 6 stayed on the park is beyond me. What I really loved though, apart from them getting away with the "two balls on the pitch at the same time" trick was the sight of the lump of lard in their goal taunting the Talbot fans in the 91st minute by deliberately wasting more time by drinking water rather than taking the goal kick. To see him pick the ball out of his own net twice in the next ninety seconds was just awesome.
Re crowd. You could probably say that the Talbot stand had 4,000 out of the 4,800 no problem at all. This, despite the Hurlford club president, Sibbald, bigging the club up in the Herald yesterday saying they'd be taking 2,900 to Rugby Park. Perhaps had they done that there would have been a much better gate. He also, laughinly said that Hurlford were amongst the top five Junior clubs in the country and the "pitch was like a bowling green" That's an underwater bowling green, obviously.
EPPP.

Winning football team in time wasting SHOCK!

Junior side in hard tackling SHOCK!

Club President is complimentary about own club in huge SHOCK!

Fan of winning club spends cup final evening online moaning about losing side SHOCK!

Reference Cup Final (and the odd semi final) attendances. There's probably a touch of familiarity with the Mighty Bot support now and winning this trophy monotonously regularly. But to still turn out something like 4,000 odd fans for yet another Cup Final isn't bad going. No doubt when clubs who only get to a semi final / final once in a blue moon there's going to be a much more heightened expectation, and there could be a bigger crowd. That's not rocket science, really, is it?

What I do find remarkable is the way others always try to denegrate what we as a club have achieved. Have said it beofre, and will say it again - especially for the likes of energyzone - if nobody was moaning about us we wouldn't be successful. Keep it up folks, and we'll keep winning cups. Deal?

Sitting chilling out in the living room, Bailey's with ice & a fine IPA enjoying the Alba footage. 

Hurlford losing the game in the final few minutes bears a resemblance to Blackadder or The Big Lebowski in as much as it's funnier and more enjoyable on repeat viewings.

Taz Mackenzie's miserable mug as he receives the worthless accolade of MOM is only enhanced by the abject despair of serial cheat Robertson in the background 

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

Winning football team in time wasting SHOCK!

Junior side in hard tackling SHOCK!

Club President is complimentary about own club in huge SHOCK!

Fan of winning club spends cup final evening online moaning about losing side SHOCK!

Auchinleck  win...…………………..no shock .

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

And Hurlford aren’t?

Don’t care for either team tbh, but hope Talbot scud Hurlford here. Total no-marks who appeared out of nowhere being bankrolled by a sugar daddy.

whats the words i'm looking for ??? oh that's right FUCKING ARSEHOLE all junior clubs are bankrolled by some c**t or an another so get a grip 

Archived