Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

jimbaxters

14 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Fantastic stuff

Hurlford quite a dour side but thought they had done enough but you can never write talbot off

My only criticism is the venue I think it would have been more suited to the smaller ayr Utd's summerset park and would have been a fair better atmosphere.

To the knockers and begrudgers who say junior football is dying well I say your talking our your arse the game is growing here by the day in the west and if we can get the right people in power to lead it and promote it then it will flourish with or without teams from the east or clydebank

Correct mate 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK how does it compare to 2000-2017 levels? I know its about half the 2007 final attendance.
I really, really, really don't think there were 10,000 at East End Park for Linlithgow Rose v Kelty - I was there and I'd guess it was 7-8,000 at most. I was sitting in the east end of the main stand and there was plenty of room around me.

Anyway, not the time or the place... congratulations to Talbot, success like that, especially for a team from a small town and catchment, doesn't just happen, it's the result of decades of thankless dedication by many people giving up their time and money. Hope you have a great night, you've earned it. [emoji106]

9 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Quick look at last years cup final thread (which ran to 48 pages by the way) would show that attendance was 6,100 :) Some people were claiming 7-8000 though

At least 40 of those were Hertha gloating and then getting banned though. 

We'd be a good 10 pages deeper right now if Talbot had lost but the gloaters are like snaw aff a dyke. 

3 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Congratulations to Talbot again. Hurlford found like many others before that you are never home until the final whistle.
You really need a knock out to win inside the distance

It makes recognising the achievement of Glenafton beating them quite comfortably last season all the easier. It was a masterclass and today... 

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Quick look at last years cup final thread (which ran to 48 pages by the way) would show that attendance was 6,100 :) Some people were claiming 7-8000 though

I thought last year's crowd was nearer 6098! 

36 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Official attendance according to Scottish Non League review for that season was 9,304.:) So 300 short of double todays game.

A lot to do with the novelty value of East teams in a junior cup final played in the east.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I hope you are not suggesting the organisers have given out an official attendance that they know to be incorrect. ;)

Has the Junior Cup final official attendance ever been known to be accurate?

Hope Henderson can't sleep tonight. The time wasting tactics - yet again - from the kick off are designed to kill the game stone dead, The brutatlity of some of the fouls were probably pre determined as well. How the number 6 stayed on the park is beyond me. What I really loved though, apart from them getting away with the "two balls on the pitch at the same time" trick was the sight of the lump of lard in their goal taunting the Talbot fans in the 91st minute by deliberately wasting more time by drinking water rather than taking the goal kick. To see him pick the ball out of his own net twice in the next ninety seconds was just awesome.

Re crowd. You could probably say that the Talbot stand had 4,000 out of the 4,800 no problem at all. This, despite the Hurlford club president, Sibbald, bigging the club up in the Herald yesterday saying they'd be taking 2,900 to Rugby Park. Perhaps had they done that there would have been a much better gate. He also, laughinly said that Hurlford were amongst the top five Junior clubs in the country and the "pitch was like a bowling green" That's an underwater bowling green, obviously.

EPPP.

Archived