Scottish Junior Cup Final 2018

jimbaxters

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Afton supporter, I really couldn't give a flying fart who wins [emoji23] but that said I shall be at the game with my grandson(s) purely as it's the final of a great competition [emoji1303]
Just hoping for a good game.

Cup final weekend is upon us and it looks like some heavy scorchio weather is going to be waiting for those rocking up to Ruggers in less than 48 hours time.

A wee bit of sun on the greengrocer felt is what it's all about, evoking fond memories of Sunkist finals of yesteryear. 

image.png.20492bc6226dd98749e40f14488f79d0.png

Who will Tucker pair upfront to cope with the expanse of Rugby park tomorrow.I would like to see him unleash Glasgow and Shankland together,let them buzz about the Hurlford back line,they would certainly stretch the central defenders.The Talbot defence picks itself,Lyle Mcpherson,Harvey,Pope its probably midfield that could be hardest to pick,for me Hyslop starts in centre partnered by Armstrong only because Whitey has been a bit off the boil lately,however his experience might get him the nod.Steve Wilson on right side and his brother Graeme on the left as he's a fit lad that can get up and down the left flank all day and carrys a goal threat himself.Big Sean on the bench could offer Talbot a different option of going more direct,if we struggle to get in behind,with Pooler also able to inject some pace in the latter stages .It  also helps to have the best keeper in junior football between the posts.The nerves are starting as i look forward to joining the Talbot army on our quest for another Scottish cup,lets hope for victory,the boys deserve it, their a credit to Auchinleck,along with the biggest and best support in junior football.EEKA PEEKA said Mo Salah.

Sign of the times guys. Show piece game of the Junior season and only 17 comments.  Gives a feeling  that Junior football is on the decline.

All the chat seems to be on the thread for the future of the game.

Enjoy your day out tomorrow TJ, you are seeing the death knell of Junior football.

10 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Sign of the times guys. Show piece game of the Junior season and only 17 comments.  Gives a feeling  that Junior football is on the decline.

All the chat seems to be on the thread for the future of the game.

Enjoy your day out tomorrow TJ, you are seeing the death knell of Junior football.

Maybe the actual sign given from the East is........we cant get the most important cup, the  f@#k out of Ayrshire,so lets grab oor baw and join another set up.....we might win somethin amongst oorselves,lets call it the Scottish Ayrshireless East Jumpingship poundsigns cup.

I'm as pro-pyramid as the next chap but surely folk can keep their soul destroying negativity about Junior football away from the Scottish Cup final thread? 

After all, Linlithgow excepted,  it's not as if a couple of East teams being away is going to dramatically alter where the cup will be ending up,  in fact the greatest impact it will have on the tournament is reducing the number of potential away days West sides will have on their way to the final, which is a shame I admit. 

All the annoying-accented digs in the World won't detract from what is still a great tournament. 

Archived