The 2018/19 Falkirk Relegation Thread.

I honestly wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off. We don't have the players to roll up their sleeves and fight to save us.

Two young lads on loan are the only ones who have shown they are up for the fight. Every time this season where we have had a chance to get us out this mess we have shat it.

in fairness, the way the season has gone, Falkirk winning their two remaining games, still finishing ninth, and then getting beat in the playoff final by Montrose would not really be that extraordinary.

It would be absolutely extraordinary for them to meet in the play-off final, considering 4th in League One plays 9th in the Championship in the semis.

Where does McKinnon go after this? He’s shown he’s a wee rat after walking out on Morton so quickly and now the absolute disaster he’s had at Falkirk so I can’t see him getting any decent gig after this season.

Maybe a return to Brechin in League 2 next season.

Guest Ecosse83
47 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Where does McKinnon go after this? He’s shown he’s a wee rat after walking out on Morton so quickly and now the absolute disaster he’s had at Falkirk so I can’t see him getting any decent gig after this season.

Maybe a return to Brechin in League 2 next season.

Maybe Ayr after McCall leave for Partick :lol:

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I honestly wouldn't fancy our chances in a play off. We don't have the players to roll up their sleeves and fight to save us.

Two young lads on loan are the only ones who have shown they are up for the fight. Every time this season where we have had a chance to get us out this mess we have shat it.

Good thing your players have decided to save you the ignominy of the playoffs then. :lol:

Good thing your players have decided to save you the ignominy of the playoffs then. [emoji38]
Our players, barring a brief post January resurgence have spared us a lot. Even this thread isnt what it should be due to the wall being covered in writing pretty much from week 1 of the season. I feel a bit sorry for the rest of you. What should be teeing off on an outmatched opponent is becoming more like laying into a sleeping tramp.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, NEFarab said:
Good thing your players have decided to save you the ignominy of the playoffs then. emoji38.png

Our players, barring a brief post January resurgence have spared us a lot. Even this thread isnt what it should be due to the wall being covered in writing pretty much from week 1 of the season. I feel a bit sorry for the rest of you. What should be teeing off on an outmatched opponent is becoming more like laying into a sleeping tramp.

It's also a less rewarding thread than it might be because too many other sides are in much the same boat.  Should relegation happen for Falkirk, I'd expect a fairly frenzied piling in.

Until such time however, plenty will be keeping their powder dry, lest it's them that make the journey instead.

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's also a less rewarding thread than it might be because too many other sides are in much the same boat.  Should relegation happen for Falkirk, I'd expect a fairly frenzied piling in.

Until such time however, plenty will be keeping their powder dry, lest it's them that make the journey instead.

Screenshot_20190422-170245.png

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It would be absolutely extraordinary for them to meet in the play-off final, considering 4th in League One plays 9th in the Championship in the semis.

After the Morten situation, it is entirely doable for Rovers to lose their remaining two games and for Montrose to win theirs, overcoming a goal difference of 25 in the process.