Players do you want for new season ?

Can see us utilising the loan market to be fair, we've done well in grabbing some good players from Rangers on loan. Must be a few at Celtic and Rangers who want to play Premiership football but are shut out despite being good players. Can also see us using our connections with Crystal Palace/Leeds to bring a few on loan from there possibly. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A new right back is my biggest concern as Lustigs legs are going and would rather see him move in to centre half.

Hopefully we get Edouard signed up soon.

Would also go for Mcginn but I could see us getting priced out for fee and/or wages.

I really like McGinn but I can't see a place for him in our current team with all of the midfielders we have.  Would he displace the likes of Ntcham, Brown, McGregor, or Rogic?  Eboue Kousassi is also developing well and we still have Nir Bitton so I don't know what we would do with John McGinn right now.

As for the defence, absolutely needs strengthening.  I would like to see us sign a Centre Half AND an Right Back, Ralston isn't quite ready to take over from Lustig and Lustig is slowing down.  

It doesn’t matter what the rest of the diddies in the SPFL do re signings Stevie G Is going to proper hoover up all world class  strikers midfielders and defenders just coz he’s world class so he is and lead the rangers to greatness coz they’re a world class team 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Can see us utilising the loan market to be fair, we've done well in grabbing some good players from Rangers on loan. Must be a few at Celtic and Rangers who want to play Premiership football but are shut out despite being good players. Can also see us using our connections with Crystal Palace/Leeds to bring a few on loan from there possibly. 

A guy like Jamie Lindsay could be a good fit for you guys, he's out of contract and spent the year on loan at Ross County last year

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

A guy like Jamie Lindsay could be a good fit for you guys, he's out of contract and spent the year on loan at Ross County last year

Not heard much about him to be fair, I'm aware we've apparently signed Callum Crane from Hibs on a PCA though. We've still got Matthew Knox languishing about who no doubt should be sold for whatever we can get due to how highly rated he is

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

He's apparently been offered a deal by County, but I'm not entirely surely why.    Well, I do - we've got three players - but I'm not a big fan.    

Just now, senorsoupe said:

I really like McGinn but I can't see a place for him in our current team with all of the midfielders we have.  Would he displace the likes of Ntcham, Brown, McGregor, or Rogic?  Eboue Kousassi is also developing well and we still have Nir Bitton so I don't know what we would do with John McGinn right now.

As for the defence, absolutely needs strengthening.  I would like to see us sign a Centre Half AND an Right Back, Ralston isn't quite ready to take over from Lustig and Lustig is slowing down.  

Agreed a fully fit team and Mcginn doesnt get in but it took several years for Brown to adapt to the extra demands from games and I would also like Mcginn to learn off him so when he does go we have potentially have a ready mande replacement.

As for defence as shaky as we have looked at times be currently have Boyata, Ajer, Hendry, Compper, Simunovic with potentially Lustig so would rather have them fight it out at present for 2/3 spaces as the 2 signed in January have still to make make much of an impact but I believe in time they can. I think we will struggle to find a centreback who we can throw in European games straight away.

Another winger wouldnt go amiss with Musonda and Roberts returning to their clubs and Sinclair out of form and lacks impact for Europe. Mikey Johnston could potentially get more game time though now that he has recovered from injury.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Not heard much about him to be fair, I'm aware we've apparently signed Callum Crane from Hibs on a PCA though. We've still got Matthew Knox languishing about who no doubt should be sold for whatever we can get due to how highly rated he is

Is Knox still highly rated?  He didn't exactly set the world on fire while on loan at East Fife.  I know that 2 years ago he was considered one of the next big Scottish stars but I haven't heard much recently

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Another winger wouldnt go amiss with Musonda and Roberts returning to their clubs and Sinclair out of form and lacks impact for Europe. Mikey Johnston could potentially get more game time though now that he has recovered from injury.

I think Brendan will hold off on another winger for a while to see how Morgan and Christie look in the pre-season.  

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Is Knox still highly rated?  He didn't exactly set the world on fire while on loan at East Fife.  I know that 2 years ago he was considered one of the next big Scottish stars but I haven't heard much recently

Hence why I want him punted for money asap :D 

Just now, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ali Crawford is available for free. I would have expected another premier team to take a punt on him. 

He's been angling for a move to England though, could see him end up down there

For the first 11

Left back

Centre midfielder 

Attacking midfielder/Winger

Striker

For the squad

Another central midfielder

Right back

Striker

That should just about do. And loans can get in the bin. Far too many these days.

57 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ali Crawford is available for free. I would have expected another premier team to take a punt on him. 

Too inconsistent for Premiership football.

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

With the greatest respect to Accies, you can't help but feel there's a reason he's been at Accies so long while others have moved on. 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Dingies

#DiddyAlliance

Point stands though, folk will watch Hamilton due to the frequency they pump out midfielders, yet not one has moved for Crawford, and he's edging towards 27 now. 

Archived