2018/19 Dutch football

Marten

Hallo Vrienden!

My next trip to Amsterdam is upon me. I am looking for a game on Saturday 26th which I can access relatively easily in order to get back to the city centre for a gig at 7pm.

I have found a safe bet of Ajax Amateurs v FC Lisse at De Toekomst to fall back on. But I wondered whether I was missing a trick here. Is there a better game to aim for?

Also open to a game on Sunday, my flight back that night is quite late so reasonably flexible.

All tips appreciated! I can see the fixture lists for the top four leagues but my geography re proximity to Amsterdam isn't great.
Jong Volendam v HFC in the tweede divisie might be an option its just over an hour from Amsterdam.
Fyi The Twilight Sad set starts at 22:50, loads of other bands on before them though.

Excellent on both fronts!

I've found GVVV v Noordwijk is another option. I've always dreamt of visiting downtown Veenendaal!
I've never had the pleasure of experiencing the bright lights of Veenendaal[emoji16]I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you end up.

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/11/2019 at 23:53, G_Man1985 said:

Ajax and Heracles didn’t kick the ball for the first minute of today’s league match in protest at racism.

Clubs across the country’s top two divisions agreed to do this

A good stance

The protest happened after serious racist abuse by FC Den Bosch fans towards black Excelsior players the previous weekend. That raised the discussion about racism in Dutch football and even the Prime Minister has been getting involved in that.

What's the deal for live TV this season?

On the Eredivisie official website they have no live broadcaster for the UK listed. https://eredivisie.nl/en-us/Broadcasters-map

However, Premier Sports claims to be the broadcaster, yet I haven't seen them broadcast one live match this season on either of their channels or Freesports (which has a pretty barren schedule in itself). Although, they have shown one or two full match replays.

I worked over in the NL for 2.5 years until June of this year. I lived in Breda so went along to see the local team, NAC Breda, a few times. Always a good afternoon/evening out as the the games tended to kick-off at Saturday teatime so a few beers in Breda centrum before the match,off to game then back into the centrum for a few more beers after. The NAC fans were a good bunch of guys, very passionate and dedicated to their team, with a mix of regular fans and ultras. Great atmosphere at the games as most of the NAC home matches were sold out. There was even a Motherwell connection as ex-Motherwell player, Mitchell van der Gagg, was the NAC coach until he got the bullet when NAC got relegated to the Eerstedivisie at the end of last season

Marco Van Basten has been suspended for a week by Fox sports after saying sieg heil during a live broadcast, Hans Kraay Jnr was interviewing the German coach of Heracles Almelo in German and as they were finishing the interview Van Basten can be heard in the back ground, what a clown, you can see the clip at the bottom of the article.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/c/720073574/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...