2018/19 Dutch football

Marten

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

PSV have stumbled a little, Ajax have closed the gap on them.

3 points would be huge for Excelsior. Fingers crossed Marten

Hopefully, it would be a great way to increase the gap with the bottom 3 a bit. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/vanaf-volgend-seizoen-degraderen-twee-clubs-rechtstreeks-uit-eredivisie

Automatic relegation from Eredivsie increasing to two spots from the current one.

Other changes:

- TV money will be more evenly shared: From a ratio of 1:5,4 to 1:4,8. Clubs playing in Europe will have to share some of their earnings with the rest of the league. In the group stages it will be 5% and the knockouts it will be 3,75%. This money will predominantly go to clubs playing on natural grass, as an incentive for teams that play on artificial grass to make the switch.

- Clubs that have qualified for European competitions will enter the KNVB Beker from the last 32 round. These matches will be played after the group stages of the European competitions have finished.

- There will be more flexibility when it comes to the determination of match days, and start times to give teams playing in Europe enough rest in between matches.

- Clubs with a youth academy with an international status have formed a gentleman’s agreement not to poach each others’ youngsters.

- 15% of the solidarity payments the Eredivisie clubs get from UEFA will be given to the clubs in the 2nd division.

Excelsior are down, a 1 all versus RKC fails to overturn their earlier 1-2 loss. RKC will now square off with Go Ahead Eagles, who sneakily got past FC Den Bosch.

I loathe Go Ahead Eagles and Sparta Rotterdam (who are in the other half of the play-offs) - nightmare scenario for me if both of them get promoted.

10 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I loathe Go Ahead Eagles and Sparta Rotterdam (who are in the other half of the play-offs) - nightmare scenario for me if both of them get promoted.

would that be the perfect end to the perfect season for you?

7 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

A fitting end, I suppose, but I'm due some God damn luck. Absolutely gruesome year for me.

Knowing the season you've been having, the celebrations in Rotterdam-West & Deventer can start already.

4 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Time to change, cheering on RKC even if I'm just sat in front of the telly. Eagles can get tae f**k, and so can Sparta later tonight.

graafschap looking good to take a draw away from rotterdam in the first leg of the play off; that mooted automatic second relegation place is a disaster for them though - and an injury time penalty puts them 1-2 up at the Spartapark - and that's how it finishes; second leg on tuesday night - get to f**k cambuur - get to f**k henk de jong :lol:

23 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

graafschap looking good to take a draw away from rotterdam in the first leg of the play off; that mooted automatic second relegation place is a disaster for them though - and an injury time penalty puts them 1-2 up at the Spartapark - and that's how it finishes; second leg on tuesday night - get to f**k cambuur - get to f**k henk de jong :lol:

Oh I am ever so pleased with the scoreline - de Graafschap played like a they were on a day out with the local hospital's comatose patients ward. No way did I think they'd claw back a win.

Still, fearing the worst. Hoping Tuesday will perk up 18/19 just a little for me.

image.thumb.png.463fb0120594c3ce7e9701f0bd26f83c.png

Well, @DutchBordererwill be happy. In the 89th minute Go Ahead Eagles looked like getting promoted by taking a 4-3 lead, after first coming back from 0-2 down to 3-2 and then conceding again. Yet in the 95th minute RKC scored and they would be promoted on away goals, followed by another RKC goal in the 97th minute to give them a 4-5 aggregate win. What a finish...

As Marten said, I am quite pleased with RKC's win in what was the single craziest match I have ever seen. Going from Heaven to Hell to Heaven to Hell and so on. If you have the means to watch it somewhere, you owe it to yourself to give it a look. What a game.

Conversely, I am desperately disappointed by de Graafschap's failure to shake off Sparta after recording a 1-2 away win. I loathe Sparta and its fans, so it's rather painful to see them promoted. Really stimmied the pleasure I derived from the Go Ahead - RKC match. Here's hoping that entitled shower of c***s go straight back down.

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Why don’t you like Sparta or Go Ahead?

I grew up rather close to Deventer, and I can't name a single fan of Go Ahead who isn't a complete and utter twat (and I am fully aware of the irony encompassed by that statement). The fanbase in general also has a propensity for shitty behaviour, but then that may be my local bias.

Sparta is artificially kept alive by a handful of businessmen and the club and fans alike have the worst entitlement issues in world football, in addition to being ridiculously arrogant. There is no equivalent to them in Scottish football, but if I had to give an example, Sparta would be like Dumbarton if the Sons demanded a fixed spot in the Premiership based on their century old league titles and called every team outside of West Dunbartonshire useless diddy farmers.