2018/19 Dutch football

Marten

8 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Google images brings me to this from your suggestions. I'm in! 6.jpg

Some decent pubs there on the seaside as well. Make it a bit of an afternoon out if you go there, it's worth it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Danny Buijs is now Groningen manager. I know he played for them but that's quite a big step-up given that he was managing Kozakken Boys last season. He did well with them so it'll be interesting to see how he does at Groningen.

I also see that Ron Jans is back at Groningen too. No comment.

6 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

I see that Danny Buijs is now Groningen manager. I know he played for them but that's quite a big step-up given that he was managing Kozakken Boys last season. He did well with them so it'll be interesting to see how he does at Groningen.

I also see that Ron Jans is back at Groningen too. No comment.

Excelsior appointed their physio as head coach a couple of weeks ago. Granted, he had managed at BVV Barendrecht ,but that still raised a few eyebrows. Nontheless, the Eredivisie is a mickey mouse league filled with diddies so no doubt they'll get away with it. Excelsior are the Dutch Accies.

As for Buijs, he performed miraculously with Kozakken Boys, worth a punt over the currently unattached dross of Dutch managers.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Excelsior appointed their physio as head coach a couple of weeks ago. Granted, he had managed at BVV Barendrecht ,but that still raised a few eyebrows. Nontheless, the Eredivisie is a mickey mouse league filled with diddies so no doubt they'll get away with it. Excelsior are the Dutch Accies.

As for Buijs, he performed miraculously with Kozakken Boys, worth a punt over the currently unattached dross of Dutch managers.

I've got no idea what to think of him. But managerial appointments at Excelsior usually raise eyebrows and work out well, so who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Phillip Cocu has been appointed Fenerbahce manager after parting ways with PSV

emoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji1179.png Eredivisie Titles
emoji471.pngemoji471.pngemoji1179.png Super Cup Trophies
emoji471.pngemoji1179.png Dutch Cup

Cocu won six trophies in five seasons for the Dutch giants

Who do we expect to replace him?

Mark van Bommel as manager and his father in-law as ass man. The management team of the Australian NT but reversed; you heard it here first.

My friend lives in Maastricht so went to a MVV game last season against Ajax Jong. They lost 4-0, it was -2ºc and we got lost both there and back on our bikes due to roadworks. They had a token machine to buy beers but also had a McDonald's attached to the stadium so a post-match McKroket and Chocomel was worth it. They finished bang mid table. Might try get to a Fortuna Sittard game this time.

2 hours ago, Smurph said:

My friend lives in Maastricht so went to a MVV game last season against Ajax Jong. They lost 4-0, it was -2ºc and we got lost both there and back on our bikes due to roadworks. They had a token machine to buy beers but also had a McDonald's attached to the stadium so a post-match McKroket and Chocomel was worth it. They finished bang mid table. Might try get to a Fortuna Sittard game this time.

I like Maastricht as a city. When I still lived in The Netherlands we played them the last game of the season one year. With a group of friends we made it a weekend away & had a great time.

I disliked the Jupiler League name, considering the sponsors were a particularly bad purveyor of Belgium beer, but the second tier of Dutch football now has a new name and sponsor.

*drumroll*

Keuken Kampioen Divisie! Or in English, Kitchen Champions League! Woooooo! Tinpot.

Dg3YRfCUwAEmzm4.jpg

41 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I disliked the Jupiler League name, considering the sponsors were a particularly bad purveyor of Belgium beer, but the second tier of Dutch football now has a new name and sponsor.

*drumroll*

Keuken Kampioen Divisie! Or in English, Kitchen Champions League! Woooooo! Tinpot.

Dg3YRfCUwAEmzm4.jpg

That's even worse than the "Gouden Gids Divisie" (Yellow Pages Division)...

Groundhopping tip in case anyone happens to be in The Netherlands on Friday 13th July. Ajax play a PSF against Anderlecht at the historic Amsterdam Olympic Stadium. The ground was opened for the 1928 Olympics and has a rich footballing history, but is only rarely used for football nowadays. This is a rare chance to see football in this great stadium.

I have nothing at all with either side, dislike both, but I'd probably pop along if I still lived in The Netherlands.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Groundhopping tip in case anyone happens to be in The Netherlands on Friday 13th July. Ajax play a PSF against Anderlecht at the historic Amsterdam Olympic Stadium. The ground was opened for the 1928 Olympics and has a rich footballing history, but is only rarely used for football nowadays. This is a rare chance to see football in this great stadium.

I have nothing at all with either side, dislike both, but I'd probably pop along if I still lived in The Netherlands.

My buurman just told me about this, might head down there but I really can't stand Ajax ( 17 years in Amsterdam will do that to you ) would be nice to see a game at the Olympic Stadium as I used to play on the fields next to it.

30 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

My buurman just told me about this, might head down there but I really can't stand Ajax ( 17 years in Amsterdam will do that to you ) would be nice to see a game at the Olympic Stadium as I used to play on the fields next to it.

I went to see Amsterdamsche FC a year or so ago when they were in the Tweede Divisie, think they've been demoted. Cracking wee ground with a big bar overlooking the pitch. Standard of football was pretty atrocious, I've seen considerably better in the Highland League,  but maybe that game wasn't representative.

On 6/22/2018 at 14:27, Marten said:

I like Maastricht as a city. When I still lived in The Netherlands we played them the last game of the season one year. With a group of friends we made it a weekend away & had a great time.

It's very clean.

I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend with my friend and we can't bear watching England potentially progress to the semi-final. Are there any pre-season friendlies happening around the area or even an hour or so away? Genuinely don't care about the level.

5 hours ago, Smurph said:

It's very clean.

I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend with my friend and we can't bear watching England potentially progress to the semi-final. Are there any pre-season friendlies happening around the area or even an hour or so away? Genuinely don't care about the level.

There is one game at exactly the same time (4pm local time) as England's match: LSVV (tier 7) v AZ Alkmaar. You need to take a train from Amsterdam Centraal to Alkmaar and then a short bus ride. 

Address of LSVV's ground: Sportlaan 55, 1722 XK Zuid-Scharwoude, Netherlands
Edited by Marten

On 04/07/2018 at 07:31, Marten said:

There is one game at exactly the same time (4pm local time) as England's match: LSVV (tier 7) v AZ Alkmaar. You need to take a train from Amsterdam Centraal to Alkmaar and then a short bus ride. 

Address of LSVV's ground: Sportlaan 55, 1722 XK Zuid-Scharwoude, Netherlands

Thanks for your help. We ended up going to SC Telstar v IJmuiden which finished 6-0 instead, it was at 2pm so we sadly caught the end of the English celebrations, and Amsterdam was unsurprisingly full of “its coming home” and pissing on the street.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Eleven Sports have bought the rights to show Eredivsie from the start of this season. 

Interesting... I wonder how much their subscriptions are going to be.

26 minutes ago, Marten said:

Interesting... I wonder how much their subscriptions are going to be.

Adding Serie A, La Liga, Chinese super league and the Swedish top flight league to the list then I think about £10-£15 a month

They are apparently working hard with the major platforms in the UK to have distribution everywhere for the start of the season.

Edited by Arbroathlegend36-0

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 20:52, DutchBorderer said:

*drumroll*

Dg3YRfCUwAEmzm4.jpg

Fox Sports have been running an advert/trailer for the new season, when you hear Keuken Kampioen Divisie said out loud on TV the tinpot aspect really hits home, oh and I drank Jupiler last night after playing 6 a side and my head is pounding...serves me right.