2018/19 Dutch football

Marten

'mon the promoted sides - great start for emmen, a good point for fortuna sittard, and i've found a graafschap v feyenoord stream with no commentary,  just the crowd noise - the place is going absolutely mental at the moment....

ETA - gio and robin not very happy !

f**k off feyenoord :lol:

managed the shittest sending off ever, too - Jean-Paul Boëtius booked for a clear foul on 80 minutes, gives the ref probably the finest extended round of "sarcastic applause" ever and gets himself sent off - what an utter tool

still - absolutely cracking game to watch and, as I say - f**k off feyenoord dg_smiley.gif.fc04ff3a11220a38a4f761f612e785e8.gif

fey.thumb.jpg.6e3182905e629551ffb2fe12f2bc2864.jpg

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

'mon the promoted sides - great start for emmen, a good point for fortuna sittard, and i've found a graafschap v feyenoord stream with no commentary,  just the crowd noise - the place is going absolutely mental at the moment....

ETA - gio and robin not very happy !

f**k off feyenoord :lol:

managed the shittest sending off ever, too - Jean-Paul Boëtius booked for a clear foul on 80 minutes, gives the ref probably the finest extended round of "sarcastic applause" ever and gets himself sent off - what an utter tool

still - absolutely cracking game to watch and, as I say - f**k off feyenoord dg_smiley.gif.fc04ff3a11220a38a4f761f612e785e8.gif

fey.thumb.jpg.6e3182905e629551ffb2fe12f2bc2864.jpg

bit the bullet and signed up for eleven sports,cracking game to kick it off.no waiting for connection after paying and pic fine on my tablet,happy with that

9 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

bit the bullet and signed up for eleven sports

what's the commentary/analysis like - i can find streams for anything i need to watch, so it's only that sort of "additonal content" that might make a subscription worthwhile ???

I think everythings pretty basic but that's fine by me,my pet hate is studios full of ex pro pundits. Commentry was fine, didn't have me wanting to smash my tablet. way I see it, ayear of serie A, eredivisie and la liga for £50 is a no brainer; I'm not,however, someone whos used to watching the game on a 50" hd tv with dozens of extra features,such types will doubtless be disappointed.

as I said, though, £50 is terrific vfm if they show a wide selection of games.if they could get an Italian magazine show with james Richardson and a Spanish one with guillem balague ill just die of happiness

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Can't disagree, and now his goalie managed to land himself in jail over attacking a rail conducter on the train after last week's match.

Saw that. Padt is an idiot. I see he's been stripped of the captaincy as well.

Who is the Dutch Sam Allardyce...? Despite the facial similarity, I hope you don't say Ron Jans. He burnt enough bridges by moving to them.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

A new Eredivisie structure is close to being approved. New proposal will make the league 16 clubs with end of season playoffs. PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax have agreed to distribute part of their earnings from Europe around all the clubs in order to get rid of artificial pitches (AD).

This is awesome

Absolutely awful and I hope it gets binned, smaller clubs like mine (Excelsior) are being disregarded here. F*ck playoffs. Thankfully it's apparently still far from being approved as various smaller clubs say they haven't even been consulted and are unlikely to agree to it.

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why is it awful ? Financially bigger teams are helping? Unheard of I would of thought?
I'm not a fan of these plastic pitches.

I don't see it as helping, they are not charities, they are professional football clubs. It's effectively a bribe to start culling the smaller teams from the division. Reducing the league to introduce play-offs is a stupid idea. Another part of it is that they want to keep their "colt teams" in the 2nd tier, which makes things even worse for the teams who do drop out due to this. These teams ruin the 2nd tier and that's why clubs are trying to get rid of them.

I'm not a fan of plastic pitches, but that's not the main issue here. The main issue is that the 3 big teams ultimately have the aim to f*ck over the smaller teams. I hate all 3 of them even more due to this... Let's hope this plan ends up in the bin, where it belongs.

18 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yeah supporting a smaller team I get this.

Plastic pitches are awful. Could teams sort this all out without the help of the 3 big teams ?

I don't disagree with what you say about plastic pitches, but this is just one point in a wider plan for change, with most other points not helping smaller teams. They are claiming they care so much about the "diddies". But let's be very clear, the attitude/arrogance that Ajax, Feyenoord & PSV show towards the diddies is just as bad or even worse than what Celtic and Rangers show in Scotland.

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Is it known what changes would occur to the eerste divisie to accomodate for a reduced eredivisie?

No, nothing known yet, except that the horrible & useless colt teams would stay.

20 minutes ago, hague said:

Useless colt teams ? Jong ajax are the current champions.

Yes, they don't add anything to the division, they play for nothing and don't attract crowds. The division would be much better off without them. Introducing them was an absolutely stupid idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Netherlands & Belgium considering merging their top-level leagues to form a cross-nation league to improve strength of domestic game & keep more domestic players in the region. UEFA would have to support the proposal & are said to be open to suggestions.

https://t.co/tR4PIKMnh0

Will it happen?
Between the two of them they can come up with the most bonker of league sytems possible.

On 20/10/2018 at 10:04, G_Man1985 said:

Netherlands & Belgium considering merging their top-level leagues to form a cross-nation league to improve strength of domestic game & keep more domestic players in the region. UEFA would have to support the proposal & are said to be open to suggestions.

https://t.co/tR4PIKMnh0

Will it happen?

This is regularly being proposed, yet it never even resulted in a serious proposal. Time will tell, but I'm sceptical.

Edited by Marten