2018/2019 lineup confirmed

11 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Far too early to predict anything but with the news today, I can't see anyone having a stronger midfield 4 than County's of Gardyne, Draper, Vigurs, and Keillor-Dunn.

METDQG4.jpg

Iain who?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Iain who?

He didn't actually mention their first name, so the only person showing that they clearly know the identity of the player here is yourself. 

Another epic fail then from a gormless mess of a poster. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

He didn't actually mention their first name, so the only person showing that they clearly know the identity of the player here is yourself. 

Another epic fail then from a gormless mess of a poster. 

Up at half 5 on a Tuesday morning shitposting on a scottish football forum, jeepers.

A3TXqh0.gif

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Cant be too much wrong with posting at 0530 given you replied at 0538.....

0539 for me fyi

It was more the time combined with the content tbh.

With the added context of being a serial shitposter who's never had their hole, it's pretty grim.

10 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Far too early to predict anything but with the news today, I can't see anyone having a stronger midfield 4 than County's of Gardyne, Draper, Vigurs, and Keillor-Dunn.

Were 3 of them not in the side that just came below an utterly dire partick side?

There’s no evidence at all of the Weirs propping is up in the transfer market. Taking Archibald at his word, he’s missed out on a bundle of priority signings in every window he’s been here, and free agent dross like Paul McGinn and Martin Woods were featuring for most of last season. They have invested in youth and training infrastructure, and if they didn’t we’d only be operating those at a lower level.

We currently have Cerny contracted, and if we can keep him we should have the best gk in the division which is a good start.

Doolan and Erskine are the wrong side of 30 now but should be a reliable enough source of goals. Christie Elliott will likely be our first choice RB, and while I’ve never been a big fan he should have enough experience to cope in the Championship.

We then have Keown, Storey, Edwards Spittal who have shown flashes of success at top flight level, but who have all looked poor and shot of confidence the last 6+ months. Probably worth keeping but could go either way.

Then it’s youth graduates McCarthy and Penrice who will probably feature a lot for us next season. 

At the bare minimum, and give or take the odd youth player bulking up the squad, we’re looking at a couple of centre backs, couple of full backs, 2-3 central midfielders and hopefully a decent winger. Whilst we likely will have one of the bigger budgets, there’s plenty of squad rebuilding to do - too much to really focus our budget on 2-3 quality signings and make the advantage count.

On 20/05/2018 at 18:26, Walter said:

Hello everyone. I'm looking forward to next season. No more old firm Neanderthals at Firhill and no concerns over reduced gate receipts as I understand Falkirk have a huge following. Can anyone confirm?

It's huge. Ugly as f**k though.

Don’t underestimate QoS. Already got a solid 9/10 players signed up, including Dobbie (53 goals in just under 2 seasons) and Harkins who was Morton’s fans player of the year. Dykes ended the season well and was linked to hearts but signed an extension at QoS. 

We’ll be the surprise package for many this season, trust me.

1. County

2. ICT

3. QoS

4. Dunfermline

5. Falkirk

6. Partick

7. D.U

8. Ayr

9. Alloa

10. Morton

2 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Don’t underestimate QoS. Already got a solid 9/10 players signed up, including Dobbie (53 goals in just under 2 seasons) and Harkins who was Morton’s fans player of the year. Dykes ended the season well and was linked to hearts but signed an extension at QoS. 

We’ll be the surprise package for many this season, trust me.

1. County

2. ICT

3. QoS

4. Dunfermline

5. Falkirk

6. Partick

7. D.U

8. Ayr

9. Alloa

10. Morton

Despite having the best player in the league for 2 years running (53 goals in just under 2 seasons) as well as two good starts to the season Queens have dropped down to mid-table obscurity rapidly and stayed there twice.

A 33 year old Gary Harkins, if anything, is a statement of intent for finishing 6th rather than an indication of a title challenge.

Winning Morton's Player of the Year award this year is akin to winning a beauty pageant in Falkirk.

We’ve been almost permanent residents of the division for many years (15 or 16), that level of consistency is itself almost remarkable. Too good to go down, not good enough to go up....

However, every year there is a team who performs beyond expectations (Livi last year), and at least one under- performer (Falkirk and ICT can fight that one out), Maybe we will be the surprise package this year, early signs are promising. We’ve only been waiting 54 years for a return to our natural place in the top-flight, please can it be our turn?!?

1 minute ago, QOSQOS said:

We’ve been almost permanent residents of the division for many years (15 or 16), that level of consistency is itself almost remarkable. Too good to go down, not good enough to go up....

However, every year there is a team who performs beyond expectations (Livi last year), and at least one under- performer (Falkirk and ICT can fight that one out), Maybe we will be the surprise package this year, early signs are promising. We’ve only been waiting 54 years for a return to our natural place in the top-flight, please can it be our turn?!?

lol

There's more chance of queens going down than up.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

We won't really know that yet until about October, when we can say yup, they are better than County but worst than Ayr.

Last season isn't a measure on how clubs will perform in the new season.

Stop spouting pish non-points.

Assuming you're reserving judgement on whether or not Cardiff will win the Premier League as well?

10 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Because there are a lot more teams in the division better than them than there are worse.

Not necessarily. We had even records against Dundee United (2W 2L), Livingston (1W 2D 1L), Dunfermline (1W, 2D, 1L) and Dumbarton and better records than Falkirk (2W, 1D, 1L), Morton (2W, 1D, 1L), Dumbarton (2W, 2D) and Brechin (4W). The only 2 teams to have better records than us in the 4 games were ICT (2D 2L) and St. Mirren (4L).

By that logic we’re only actually worse than 2 teams in the league, better than 4, and of similar quality to 3. We were also far closer to the premiership playoffs than the League 1 play offs.

We’ve also added more quality in Todd and Harkins, and lost players such as Rooney and Rankin who weren’t good enough for this league last season.

Bit concerned to see some posters rating us pretty highly for the season ahead. I'd certainly like to think we will be up there challenging but I suspect we will find ourselves in the playoffs. The loss of Vigurs is definitely a big blow, especially to a rival, and there continue to be rumours about Polworth departing for pastures new.

Whilst we have added to the squad and in a more methodical manner than last seasons haphazard barrel scraping transfer strategy it's still going to be quite a young side which could well get dominated by other teams in the division.

10 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Not necessarily. We had even records against Dundee United (2W 2L), Livingston (1W 2D 1L), Dunfermline (1W, 2D, 1L) and Dumbarton and better records than Falkirk (2W, 1D, 1L), Morton (2W, 1D, 1L), Dumbarton (2W, 2D) and Brechin (4W). The only 2 teams to have better records than us in the 4 games were ICT (2D 2L) and St. Mirren (4L).

By that logic we’re only actually worse than 2 teams in the league, better than 4, and of similar quality to 3. We were also far closer to the premiership playoffs than the League 1 play offs.

We’ve also added more quality in Todd and Harkins, and lost players such as Rooney and Rankin who weren’t good enough for this league last season.

BI7HOc0.png

By my logic there were 5 teams better than you.

You marginally edged Morton despite them losing and you winning the last 3 games.

Of the 4 teams to finishing below you, 

Ayr will replace Brechin, significant increase in quality.

Alloa replace Dumbarton, increase in quality.

Falkirk will most likely get back towards to top of the table or heads will roll very quickly.

The only team finishing below you that I would comfortably say you will finish above again is Morton, but that is subject to them actually finding a manager and seeing how he sorts them out over the summer.

Every team above you will strengthen and, personally, I think that Partick and Ross County represent much more formidable opponents than Livi and St Mirren.

Queen of the South will do well to do nothing and remain an irrelevant mid-table side.

It's a good thing for the freshness of the Championship to have four in, four out. The idea that at least three of ICT, Falkirk, County, Thistle, Arabs, Pars and Ton are going to miss out on a playoff spot is already a fucking hilarious prospect. What a league: I'm going to miss it (but not the bits when we couldn't buy a fucking win for love or money).

My predictions last year were wildly inaccurate (sorry Bairns), and made at a much later stage, so I might as well go for it now:

ICT
Falkirk
Ross County
Partick Thistle
Dundee United
Dunfermline
QotS
Morton
Ayr
Alloa

Sorry Alloa, no hard feelings. I want Jim to do well but this is a crazy competitive league line-up. A golden age for the Championship, if you will.

Archived