2018/2019 lineup confirmed

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s also worth pointing out that Docherty, Crawford and Forrest are the only players that were regularly playing last time in the Championship and will regularly be playing this time around.

We’ll have a completely different defence and frontline from 2 years ago without the absolute duds like Harkins, Meggatt, Boyle and El Alagui.

You still have Michael "Can Do Anything, Honest, But Score" Moffat. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Far too early to say yet who'll be doing what next season really.  Far too many mibbaes.

Falkirk   -  Building a brand new team

Partick - Dire against Livi look like building a brand new team

County - must be awful if their worse than that partick side but will spend mopney

Dundee United - smaller budget than last couple of years I would expect and czaba still in charge another side building virtually a brand new team.

Dunfermline - Unconfirmed rumours that their losing a few players a lot will depend on who comes in to replace tham if thats the case.

Queens - Dobbie now 35 and was starting to creak a bit last season. Harkins 33 and been creaking for a few years already. 

ICT - Lost vigurs budget cuts? 

Morton - new manager probably means new team.

Ayr - Team full of players that have struggled at this level before . Will need to strengthen but at least full time this time.

Alloa -  will be relegated.

Dobbie got more goals in 17/18 than 16/17, and Harkins was considerably better in 17/18 playing for Morton, than 16/17 for Ayr.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You obviously didnt see Mark Kerr playing at this level for us before moving to you. There's a reason why he dropped down a league. Moffat and Geggan are also league one players at best. They were pretty dire at Dunfermline when we played them. 

Moffat and Geggan are both fairly highly rated by Dunfermline players. While Mark Kerr was very good I accept your point and would hope he isn't a starter this year.

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Moffat and Geggan are both fairly highly rated by Dunfermline players. While Mark Kerr was very good I accept your point and would hope he isn't a starter this year.

Aye they were popular guys, but they weren't good enough to move us up a level, we're don't miss them. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Queens - Dobbie now 35 and was starting to creak a bit last season. 

Really? Taking that post at face value and ignoring the prospect it was either trolling or wishful thinking I saw no evidence of it. Other than when Willo Flood kicked him off the park and out for three weeks anyway.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Really? Taking that post at face value and ignoring the prospect it was either trolling or wishful thinking I saw no evidence of it. Other than when Willo Flood kicked him off the park and out for three weeks anyway.

You could be right.  Dobbie cant go on for ever though and its a lot to ask a 35 year old to keep playing 40 odd games a season. He's a crucial player for Queens though so can they afford to start rationing how many games he will play ?  I suppose Harkins never looked fit when he was supposedly in his prime and has never had pace so played in the right role you'll probably get a few years out him yet.

Funny it's the same Dunfermline and Falkirk fans who were predicting the league last season as if they have some magic ball telling all the Livi fans who thought we'd be a decent side this year that we've got no chance and will be finishing 9th and the like. Their doing the same this year to Ayr United and Queen of the South fans.

1 hour ago, AMC13 said:

Funny it's the same Dunfermline and Falkirk fans who were predicting the league last season as if they have some magic ball telling all the Livi fans who thought we'd be a decent side this year that we've got no chance and will be finishing 9th and the like. Their doing the same this year to Ayr United and Queen of the South fans.

Imagine getting getting back to back promotions and still being absolutely rattled and bitter as f**k because people predicted you wouldn't do well, sensational stuff.

It wouldn't have been such an achievement if people expected you to do well, sport.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

His seven goals this year looks alright, until you realise six of them were against Brechin, one goal against full time sides in the last 4 months in the season isn't up to his usual standard. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

His seven goals this year looks alright, until you realise six of them were against Brechin, one goal against full time sides in the last 4 months in the season isn't up to his usual standard. 

He missed five games against full time sides (including missing our trip to East End Park) after Willo Flood clogged him off the park in the early stages of Dundee United's visit in March and certainly wasn't fully fit for the rest of the season either. He never the less looked sharp enough in the last 3 or 4 games and will be coming back from a summer's rest fully fit again.

His game certainly doesn't depend on pace and age, as long as he's physically fit, shouldn't be any great concern. There's not a team in the division wouldn't take him, 35 or not.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He missed five games against full time sides (including missing our trip to East End Park) after Willo Flood clogged him off the park in the early stages of Dundee United's visit in March and certainly wasn't fully fit for the rest of the season either. He never the less looked sharp enough in the last 3 or 4 games and will be coming back from a summer's rest fully fit again.

His game certainly doesn't depend on pace and age, as long as he's physically fit, shouldn't be any great concern. There's not a team in the division wouldn't take him, 35 or not.

Nonetheless he still played 11 games against full time sides and only managed one goal, that's not great. 

I agree that there wouldn't be a team who wouldn't take him, but I can fully understand why someone would say he's creaking. 

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Imagine getting getting back to back promotions and still being absolutely rattled and bitter as f**k because people predicted you wouldn't do well, sensational stuff.

It wouldn't have been such an achievement if people expected you to do well, sport.

Don't need to imagine back to back promotions pal. What kind of weirdo calls people sport. Embarrassing.

Ah brings me back to the heady days of 2015 when Sevco Hibs and the Jambos were all in the Championship.  

The most competitive league in Scotland, they said.

Any number of teams (well any of three) could easily win it, they said.

Right down to the wire they said.

Spoiler

21 (twenty one) fucking points.

DEBDD429-CDA8-4B0C-8072-C0E78EDF6D73.jpeg.aac91d5619b59bdf40f0b41d79034504.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ah brings me back to the heady days of 2015 when Sevco Hibs and the Jambos were all in the Championship.  

The most competitive league in Scotland, they said.

Any number of teams (well any of three) could easily win it, they said.

Right down to the wire they said.

Reveal hidden contents

21 (twenty one) fucking points.

DEBDD429-CDA8-4B0C-8072-C0E78EDF6D73.jpeg.aac91d5619b59bdf40f0b41d79034504.jpeg

Very possible that one team will have their shit together more than the rest and absolutely run away with it.

Personally, I'd like to see a final day with 7 teams still in with a shot at the title.

On 23/05/2018 at 15:28, AMC13 said:

Literally not one person predicted Livi would get promoted and I very much doubt anyone even thought you'd be top four. It was a fantastic achievement, against all the odds.

That being said, it certainly didn't hurt that at different points during the season, United, Falkirk, ourselves and Caley - all sides expected to challenge - went through hilariously awful spells. Livi's consistency is what got them through.

I'll happily put up £50 in a charity bet that Ayr won't be top four. I'll stick up £20 they'll be in the bottom two.

Archived