Albion Rovers Season Tickets

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Irreverent diddy club who have played in a higher league than you for 5 out the last 7 years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

So yous have finished higher above us 7 years out of your 136 years of existence and you think we should we should be jealous, behave mate :lol:

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Hmm.

Meadowbank-Livi had the same fans, the same club colours, a similar badge (clubs change them all the time though), the same history and could make the same claim as you to be "quite simply the same club."

How far away can a club move and still claim to be the same? For me, unless you're in a major city, moving nearly 20 miles is too far.

How much does the name matter? We've seen names like Leith Athletic and Third Lanark revived, but are they the same clubs? Are Rangers? They've had far more continuity than Clyde.

As for the same fans, what proportion of the club's fanbase are from Rutherglen? And what proportion from in and around Cumbernauld? I'd say there's a common root but there's been a huge shift.

Clyde fans acting as though the club's former glories mean anything at all today make me laugh. Face it, Albion Rovers are your peers and there's no reason to think that's going to change.

Try telling @tamthebam that Meadowbank and Livi fans were on and the same:lol:

1 minute ago, Bold Rover said:

Does it still exist? Or is it flats now?

Its all flats now Bold you will see them when you go to see Rovers at AP on your right hand side going up to Ainslie Park. The development is called City Park. You just missed seeing it by a few years as it just lay empty for years after Spartans moved out.

32 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its all flats now Bold you will see them when you go to see Rovers at AP on your right hand side going up to Ainslie Park. The development is called City Park. You just missed seeing it by a few years as it just lay empty for years after Spartans moved out.

Is that where State Street bank offices were/are? Opposite Morrison's?

Just now, Bold Rover said:

Is that where State Street bank offices were/are? Opposite Morrison's?

Opposite Morrison's. The housing scheme has a big stone carving on the road in saying "City Park". You'll see it when Rovers visit sometime next season. 

The Parsons Peebles factory was behind it. It burned down when Spartans were still playing at City Park and I can remember the smell of burnt building at one Spartans v City match (it wasn't the smell of the ref's ears burning when Tam Steven and Mickey Lawson were shouting at him either!) 

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

So like I said ages ago why do yous have such a dislike for us are there any other teams which get such hatred from the horrible crowd of travellers? Or is it just us?

Are there any teams that like and get on with Clyde?

I’ve never heard a Clyde fan ever mention Rovers unless it’s because we are playing them, trust me I don’t think any Clyde fan particularly likes or dislikes you lot lol 

Other than some posts mocking paying £13 in to a game at Cliftonhill (doubt we will be the only ones to say that this season, previous seasons or going forward) there is no indication any Clyde fan has any major opinion on Albion Rovers.

It’s amazing how many people continue to get roped in by a few online personas and WUMs and take it as genuine.

I’ve been watching Rovers v Clyde for over 45 years We had a shit record at Shawfield. Won there early 80s with two early goals including an Ian Gillespie strike Never minded Clyde TBH. But would love to know where the E penguin is

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Opposite Morrison's. The housing scheme has a big stone carving on the road in saying "City Park". You'll see it when Rovers visit sometime next season. 

The Parsons Peebles factory was behind it. It burned down when Spartans were still playing at City Park and I can remember the smell of burnt building at one Spartans v City match (it wasn't the smell of the ref's ears burning when Tam Steven and Mickey Lawson were shouting at him either!) 

Spartans...mysterious fire...you don't think...No, it couldn't be...

Why are there so many Clyde fans on a thread about Albion Rovers, and why are they so butthurt?

Clyde fans seem to think their club is, or ought to be, at the level of Hamilton Accies, Falkirk, Morton, but in reality in the past 40 years they've only had a short spell in that bracket. Their biggest crowd of the season was a whopping 804. Their peers are Forfar, Queen's Park, that kind of club, yet their fans have a unique sense of entitlement among the part-time SPFL clubs. I just don't understand how they think they can look down on Albion Rovers, who at least own their ground and don't play in a place with all the atmosphere of an out-of-town retail park.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Why are there so many Clyde fans on a thread about Albion Rovers, and why are they so butthurt?

Clyde fans seem to think their club is, or ought to be, at the level of Hamilton Accies, Falkirk, Morton, but in reality in the past 40 years they've only had a short spell in that bracket. Their biggest crowd of the season was a whopping 804. Their peers are Forfar, Queen's Park, that kind of club, yet their fans have a unique sense of entitlement among the part-time SPFL clubs. I just don't understand how they think they can look down on Albion Rovers, who at least own their ground and don't play in a place with all the atmosphere of an out-of-town retail park.

The other thing that differentiates Clyde fans Gordon is that some of them have never progressed beyond the milk monitor mentality. I've happily debated contentious issues on P&B with fans from many clubs for a good number of years now, and generally when we reach impass we agree to disagree, albeit with the occasional insult for good parting measure. But what makes some of these itinerant jokers stand out is that they're the only ones who squealing to matron when the kitchen gets too hot for them, and every single reddie I've ever had has come from one of them.

You only have to look back at my previous thread on this post as a perfect example (thanks for offsetting one of them btw) and having never issued one myself, I find myself questioning the mentality of someone who does (other than in response to OTT personal abuse of course).

13 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

I feel totally unloved.

So if history is anything to go by Edinburgh city will be playing at almondvale in a few years

if history is anything to go by the Council will buy some stands off West Lothian Council and re-erect them at Meadowbank when the Franchise go bust again!

Archived