Another fixture moan

LT1878

Apparently our Central League Cup quarter final v Pollok or Wishaw is to be played on a Saturday evening 2nd June with a 7pm kick off, according to the fixtures issued today.

I'll miss Casualty. [emoji22]

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as expected we’ve now got no fixture on the 2nd, instead of doing the obvious thing and having Rob Roy play Kilbirnie away as was suggested on here, he’s just deleted our tie. It means the earliest our game can be played will be the 9th, or what he’ll probably do is send Largs through to play us mid week [emoji85]

Cambuslang v Pollok hasn't been rescheduled as far as I can see, so it looks like the earliest our West QF against the winners will be played is Saturday 9th June.

Monday 4th June

I've no reason to doubt you, but I still can't see this fixture on the SJFA website.

Regardless, unless he schedules the QF for the Wednesday evening (which wouldn't be fair on yourselves or Pollok IMO) my prediction of 9th June still holds.
#SHAMBLES

The bit I do not quite get here is he takes so long to put the fixtures out and still gets it wrong!!!

you must read this as it seems that it was changed shortly after it was posted on here. Do the decent thing and resign at the end of the season.

I cannot say any more as I am stuck for words to describe this total shambles.

Clubs should just start refusing to play games in a protest against this shambles

I’ve said it before there isn’t another grade of football as unorganised fixtures wise as the west region juniors

Having previously been a fixture secretary for an Amateur League, I will say this job is a thankless task. However, in the amateurs the problem was pitch availability & the Scottish cup fixtures.

Before I could issue fixtures I had to wait on the allocation of Scottish & west fixtures from the SAFA, although they were still issued EVERY Sunday.

Given that all Junior clubs have their own pitch & the cups are far better organised than the amateurs, I see no eason why a sesonal fixture list cannot be issued. I have an Excel spreadsheet that simply generates fixtures! Can't understand why the clubs don't stand together & push this.

Oh, & by the way, my remuneration packge was £600 per season!

2 hours ago, TheNauld said:

Well as expected we’ve now got no fixture on the 2nd, instead of doing the obvious thing and having Rob Roy play Kilbirnie away as was suggested on here, he’s just deleted our tie. It means the earliest our game can be played will be the 9th, or what he’ll probably do is send Largs through to play us mid week emoji85.png

Which now prompts the question of when will the play-offs be scheduled for ? No matter who is involved in the play-offs, this is now a big issue, as Girvan are definitely one of the teams involved.

If Cumbernauld v Largs isn't going ahead until after 2nd June, that only leaves one Saturday (9th) left to play one of the legs of the play-offs. That means either a team is going to be sent to Girvan in midweek for a crucial play-off tie, or Girvan are going to be asked to travel midweek, or possibly both.

Hardly ideal for Girvan or for the team who are sent down there, given the extreme importance of these ties.

7 minutes ago, lang said:

Think its quite obvious given the way fixture man thinks, that 1 leg will be a monday and the return the wednesday

You're probably correct, my money is on Monday 11th and Wednesday 13th.

6 minutes ago, archieb said:

Can someone remind me when the last date is meant to be for any fixture to be played this season - West Region specifically?

Everything should be finished about 3 three weeks before teams returning for pre season training.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
15 minutes ago, archieb said:
Date though?

Friday June 15th.

Thanks, I suspected as much but looking ahead I can't see any way the remaining fixtures can still be slotted in after the last date already showing  and by that date unless winning clubs are expected to play Rounds/QFs/SFs or even Finals on consecutive days.

For example, if Pollok (who have no more league games or the ETC to fit in) keep winning and play every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, their last game would be on Saturday 16th June!

In Talbot's case they (and their opponents) could still have the ETC to fit in after that date!

So why are more midweek games not being scheduled before 2nd June?!

11 minutes ago, archieb said:

Thanks, I suspected as much but looking ahead I can't see any way the remaining fixtures can still be slotted in after the last date already showing  and by that date unless winning clubs are expected to play Rounds/QFs/SFs or even Finals on consecutive days.

For example, if Pollok (who have no more league games or the ETC to fit in) keep winning and play every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, their last game would be on Saturday 16th June!

In Talbot's case they (and their opponents) could still have the ETC to fit in after that date!

So why are more midweek games not being scheduled before 2nd June?!

Dementia ?

Archived