Hibernian European Tour 2018/2019

Lyle Lanley

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Should have a hard route, yes.

But it's far tougher now than it used to be for Scottish teams to get anywhere near the groups. And I don't mean for coefficient reasons. Pretty much year on year the qualification is becoming harder for teams from our type of league, while teams from the big countries are given a free pass.

Aye, look at it from Molde's point of view. They finished second in Norway and have won through three ties (so far). Their "reward" is a play-off against Zenit, while loads of teams from bigger countries get a free pass.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Aye, look at it from Molde's point of view. They finished second in Norway and have won through three ties (so far). Their "reward" is a play-off against Zenit, while loads of teams from bigger countries get a free pass.

That zenit result is a bit suspicious

Just now, ali_91 said:

Not sure if you’re trolling or not here. So you think Scottish clubs should be punished because we choose to set our leagues up 12-10-10-10-pyramid rather than 20-20-pyramid? 

And having to finish above the likes of Dunfermline and Dundee United is an absolute gimme for Hibs, the extra difficulty would be negligible.

Nobody finishing 4th in any league deserves an easy route into Europe. Scotland is "punished" because we've not done well in Europe for the past decade and clubs in England, Spain and Germany are more "valuable" to Uefa.

Also, why do you keep trying to bring Dunfermline into this? :lol: I can't tell if I'm being whooshed or you're just really simple.

Tbh this round is about Scottish footballs level, apart from Celtic that is. There'll be the odd freak result that may get our teams into the play off round but that'll take a bit of luck. Standard imo.

Bit of a pointless generalisation. Hibs could easily have progressed from that tie with a bit of luck. 3-0 certainly flattered molde. Rangers are going to qualify. Not exactly freak results.

36 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

AF68594E-000C-4BCC-8619-752C63F8983E.png

The only truly bad result we've had in Europe, but I guess it had to happen eventually seeing as every Scottish club has at least one. If we regularly embarrassed ourselves in Europe like Hibs do, you'd have a bit more of a point.

Don't let that stop the diddy back-patting and patronising, though.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The only truly bad result we've had in Europe, but I guess it had to happen eventually seeing as every Scottish club has at least one. If we regularly embarrassed ourselves in Europe like Hibs do, you'd have a bit more of a point.

Don't let that stop the diddy back-patting and patronising, though.

Oft.

At Hibs? Interesting. They have some dodgy, dodgy barstewards in their support despite some portraying the club as some kind of boho-hipster nirvna.

Absolutely spot on. I’ve always said that the special forces should set up a recruitment table outside Easter Road.

There’s some very physically capable individuals amongst our support.

I consider myself in that.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Didn't say under McInnes.

You said 'recently'.

I presumed that by 'recently' you didn't mean '20 odd years ago'.

1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Absolutely spot on. I’ve always said that the special forces should set up a recruitment table outside Easter Road.

There’s some very physically capable individuals amongst our support.

I consider myself in that.

Good stuff. Be proud.

39 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Schadenfreude aside... which Scottish team has done well in Europe in recent times? Even the billionaires of Celtic seem to punch below their financial weight. Hearts, HIbs, Well, Saints, Dons, Deidco... all have been embarrassed.

Embarrassed or at our right level? 

Archived