Hibernian European Tour 2018/2019

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, S7C said:

Just saw the butcher's apron.

:thumbsdown

At Hibs? Interesting. They have some dodgy, dodgy barstewards in their support despite some portraying the club as some kind of boho-hipster nirvna.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Notice it's all the diddies slagging Hibs off. They'd absolutely love to get humped by some c**t in Europe.

Schadenfreude aside... which Scottish team has done well in Europe in recent times? Even the billionaires of Celtic seem to punch below their financial weight. Hearts, HIbs, Well, Saints, Dons, Deidco... all have been embarrassed.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Notice it's all the diddies slagging Hibs off. They'd absolutely love to get humped by some c**t in Europe.

Spoken like a man who'd be delighted at drawing with Hibs.  I've misjudged you Saints fans.  

12 minutes ago, Acastus said:

European Tour lol. 

I bet most Hibs fans feel like it was a great European tour. Won a few ties, been to some cracking places instead of the usual Armenia or Kazakhstan type holes.

Alright, they didn't get into the group stages. That's not a mark of a poor European tour from Hibs, though - that's thanks to UEFA and their fucking ludicrous qualification system these days.

Just now, Nightmare said:

Alright, they didn't get into the group stages. That's not a mark of a poor European tour from Hibs, though - that's thanks to UEFA and their fucking ludicrous qualification system these days.

Hibs finished 4th in a 12-team league. They *should* need to do something pretty special to reach the group stages.

Finished 8-1. Bloody hell. 

Maybe just as well we didn't get through...

More seriously, I think the lack of squad depth was starting to tell there. Bartley going off and had to be replaced by a completely different type of midfielder. Efe struggling, but had to carry on.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hibs finished 4th in a 12-team league. They *should* need to do something pretty special to reach the group stages.

Should have a hard route, yes.

But it's far tougher now than it used to be for Scottish teams to get anywhere near the groups. And I don't mean for coefficient reasons. Pretty much year on year the qualification is becoming harder for teams from our type of league, while teams from the big countries are given a free pass.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Should have a hard route, yes.

But it's far tougher now than it used to be for Scottish teams to get anywhere near the groups. And I don't mean for coefficient reasons. Pretty much year on year the qualification is becoming harder for teams from our type of league, while teams from the big countries are given a free pass.

I'd agree if you win the league or win the Scottish Cup then you should get passage straight into the groups or *maybe* face one qualifier max.

Maybe a qualifier or two if you finish 2nd/3rd.

The fact English, Spanish and German leagues get four teams automatically into CL groups is a disgrace but it's not pretended to be a fair competition for many years and is only going to get worse moving forward. It's shite.

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Schadenfreude aside... which Scottish team has done well in Europe in recent times? Even the billionaires of Celtic seem to punch below their financial weight. Hearts, HIbs, Well, Saints, Dons, Deidco... all have been embarrassed.

When have Aberdeen been embarrassed in Europe under McInnes ?

Archived