Hibernian European Tour 2018/2019

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Anyone else on here going to Molde. 

Aye.

Off on a wacky races trip consisting of Manchester-Amsterdam-Trondheim. Then bus down from Trondheim to Molde Thursday morning.

Bus back up to Trondheim Friday afternoon then Saturday morning flight going back the same route. 

All this just to make up for missing out on Greece.  We're on our way...

4 hours ago, Cameron1875 said:

Aye.

Off on a wacky races trip consisting of Manchester-Amsterdam-Trondheim. Then bus down from Trondheim to Molde Thursday morning.

Bus back up to Trondheim Friday afternoon then Saturday morning flight going back the same route. 

All this just to make up for missing out on Greece.  We're on our way...

Edinubrgh-Stansted-Oslo tomorrow morning.

Oslo-Molde on Thursday Morning. Coming back on friday same route.

Canni wait. 

16 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Anyone else on here going to Molde. 

Edinburgh-Dublin-Copenhagen-Oslo-Molde-Bergen-Oslo-Dublin-Edinburgh Wed-Fri for me after making a mess of flight bookings in the excitement of Greece.  Should be a laugh, as long as we get there I'm no fussed!

On 12/08/2018 at 18:42, JamesM82 said:

Now 5-1. Molde 8 shots, 5 on target, 5 goals.

Solskjaer was able to rest two players with 20 minutes to go.

U95gSC6.gif

Brann have ceased to be — they are no more...

After that result, Hibs won’t be pining for the fjords.

Is there anything we can do against the Norwegian Blues?

Will we become an ex-ClubClub?

The defending and goalkeeping was dreadful for their goals; you would expect (hope) that Hibs will be much tighter at the back. 

I hope we see a Renaissance with Bartley, after falling out of favour for such a long period, but I can’t see him or Whittaker providing the movement needed. Time is catching up with Bartley whereas time is up on Whittaker. Even if Bartley had the stamina, he has never looked comfortable on plastic pitches.

Our team is unbalanced; we will not be able to accommodate our best players unless we play some out of position. Although it may put pressure on Hibs from the start, I would prefer Gray & Stevenson sitting back. Perhaps Ambrose could be used as a sweeper?

If Horgan was available, a 4-3-3 may have been a good option. I suppose it’s still feasible with Swanson, but I can’t see him starting. Shaw for Kamberi is a possibility too: we can’t risk Kamberi if his knee isn’t fully healed, certainly not on a plastic pitch.

I reckon we’ll see the same team from the 1st Leg. 

Hyndman for Slivka, maybe.

From looking at the video, Molde were pretty lucky to get that penalty (goalie gets a touch on the ball first) and the goalie makes a complete hash of the second. Really don't want to give that team a start, given their strength and pace on the counter.

Slivka has been pretty good in Europe so far, apart from the game he started that mental rwb position. He was very good 2nd half after moving into the centre. Think it’ll be Mallan Marvin and Slivka in the middle. 

Our biggest problem is where do we play Boyle. Our best player so far but I’m wanting Flo and Maclearn back together, David Gray has also been very good since getting back in the team. 

Some tough choices there. We could go 4-4-2 but who drops out from the middle :lol: 

Going to be a very tough evening for us. They’ve got their star striker back and seem to have a good home record. Can’t see us defending as heroically and getting as much luck as we did away to Asteras. 

3-1 Molde. 

Archived