Hibernian European Tour 2018/2019

Lyle Lanley

19 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

ER is just one mad game after the next atm, someone is gonna drop dead with a heart attack :lol:

There were two games late last season where fans at Easter Road were being hauled off by the medics - one was in the FF Upper and one was in the West Stand. I don't know the current medical status of either of them, but Neil Lennon likely has blood on his hands already.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to the Hibs. Some turnaround.

The mentality of this squad seems night & day from the old "Hibs'd it" teams of a few years back. If you were 2-0 down to this mob at HT about 5 or 6 years ago you'd probably have lost 4-1 with the tie totally gone. Nowadays this team is right up for it - bottle, fight, and some tidy football as well. Very jel.

Fair enjoyed that as a (almost) neutral. Hibs were brutal in the first half. The spaces being left down the right side were crazy, particularly in the area between Ambrose, McGregor and Whittaker. Lennon must take the blame for that in my view  - playing a slow, aging full back in the middle of the park and a central midfielder at right wing back was crazy.

Once he got Whittaker off, shifted Slivka into the middle and got Gray out right, the different was huge. 

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Was Bogdan as bad for the two goals as the radio made out?

Both beat him at the near post. The first looked like a cross he pushed in, the second was a good strike but his positioning looked dodgy. 

1 minute ago, Nelly78 said:

Once he got Whittaker off, shifted Slivka into the middle and got Gray out right, the different was huge. 

That's the official story that we'll tell Garry Parker to make him feel like he's making a difference and stop him having a mid-life crisis.

The real story is that we were playing downhill in the second half, so we had to score. We haven't failed to score into the North End at Easter Road in a competitive game since the start of the year.

Well, where to start? Efe showed us both sides, immense then next minute awful Think we've found another Zibi with Bogdan. absolute shocker for both goals but not helped at first by Efe and Darren. Annoying thing is we could have been home and dry in this tie. Going to be hard over there with the heat but I fancy us to score. John McGinn must stay he was absolutely immense.

Get Adam Bogdan to f**k the man, you could actually just replace him with traffic cone and we’d be no worse off. Sooner Marciano is back the better.

Whittaker is absolutely finished, slower than a week in Saughton. Obviously got no ill will towards the guy, he’s just older now and he’s naturally declining as a player, he should be ok as cover for RB but that’s only because we’re stuck with him for another 2 years.

Play Slivka centrally.

My European record at Easter road before this season was:

Hibs 2-3 Maribor
Hibs 0- 7 Malmo
Hibs 0 -1 Brondby

I know we hammered Runavik at home but that had more of pre season friendly feel about it, or even a early round league cup tie. It’s good to finally actually beat a proper team and Easter Road was rocking the last 15 mins or so, although I felt the crowd generally stuck with the team tonight over the 90 minuets.

Did Ambrose or Boyle get the first goal? I know it went down as Ambrose's but just watching the highlights now and it looks to come back of the cross bar and hit Boyle before bouncing in

Archived