Hibernian European Tour 2018/2019

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/17/2018 at 11:23, JamesM82 said:

Oddly enough, he had a good game after that. Good stop from close range against Shaw at 4-0 and a couple saves in the second half, one from Whittaker at the end.

Runavik were a weird mix. Some of their players looked quite good, as both free kicks on goal were good efforts (goal aided by deflection), one of them absolutely did Darren McGregor before the goal, and they worked the ball into reasonable positions several times. But they also had some who looked like they had never played football in their lives, such as the goalie (for a start) and the left back made Martin Boyle look like Mbappe.

I wouldn't be shocked if they got some sort of result in the return leg. I think the Hibs players will be more worried about not getting injured, given some of their tackling.

Almost, but not quite. Runavik were again a weird mix of some useful attacking play and the worst goalkeeping you've ever seen.

Mix in a fair dollop of Hibs complacency and that's what you get.

That was all kinds of bizarre :lol:

Luckily the skinny wee baller Stevie Mallan was on hand to curl in another phree kick and a raker from 130 yards out.

Bring on the Greeks (just with a better defence.)

I fucking love Hibs just now :lol: Over the years I’ve felt at times I can almost accurately predict what the score will be, typically a narrow loss or a scoreless draw. Just now it’s so unpredictable and at times, downright fucking mental. Long live the Lenny regime.

Playing Steven Whittaker should be binned as an idea all together, never mind as part of a back three. He was terrible defensively before but his legs have now gone and he looks useless. Lennon seems to love him though. 

We surely won’t defend that badly on Thursday with our first choice centre backs and Boyle returning. Could definitely use a couple of signings before then as well though. 

Also, I really like Stevie Mallan. Absolute, certified 10/10 baller. 

Archived