things you are so proud of

I'd have stuck this in the Top 5s but I can only think of 4.

1. Reaching the age of 40 with all my hair, teeth and important bits relatively intact
  2. Becoming a P+B mod after only 12 years of not getting into arguments or calling anyone names
  3. Running a marathon (although I did walk a bit of it)
  4. Winning £10k on a quiz show (at the 10th time of asking)

Over to you.

Proud of how many orders of magnitude better looking my kids are than me.

Proud of being a shop steward and in some way standing against the tide of corporate greed and general horrible b*****dness that plagues the country.

Proud that I have always supported my wee local team.

I saved a wee bird (like a sparrow or something) from getting pecked to death by a magpie just last week.
Heard a lot of bird based commotion (squawking and the like) out the back garden. Looked out and this evil b*****d of a magpie is stood on this wee bird pecking the f**k out of it. All his wee bird mates were trying to swoop at and dive bomb the magpie but he had smelt blood and was going in for the kill. I shot out the back door and the magpie went to a neighbours tree. The wee fella was too traumatised to move for a bit and with the magpie staying close I just hung about until the magpie flew properly away then the wee bird went and hid under the fence.

Ps, I also intervened in two fights over the weekend. Both fights were lassies fighting. If it was two blokes I’d let them make a go of it but I couldn’t sit by and watch girls fighting.

23 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I saved a wee bird (like a sparrow or something) from getting pecked to death by a magpie just last week.
Heard a lot of bird based commotion (squawking and the like) out the back garden. Looked out and this evil b*****d of a magpie is stood on this wee bird pecking the f**k out of it. All his wee bird mates were trying to swoop at and dive bomb the magpie but he had smelt blood and was going in for the kill. I shot out the back door and the magpie went to a neighbours tree. The wee fella was too traumatised to move for a bit and with the magpie staying close I just hung about until the magpie flew properly away then the wee bird went and hid under the fence.

You did, aye.

images-1.jpeg

21 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Ps, I also intervened in two fights over the weekend. Both fights were lassies fighting. If it was two blokes I’d let them make a go of it but I couldn’t sit by and watch girls fighting.

Never get involved in a girls’ fight!

if men are fighting, more often than not it’s because they feel they ought to fight to save face. 

If women are fighting, it’s because they want to. 

Never get involved in a girls’ fight!
if men are fighting, more often than not it’s because they feel they ought to fight to save face. 
If women are fighting, it’s because they want to. 
Come on mate. Its pretty obvious he was trying to secure his NKC

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

sexist pig

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Becoming a P+B mod after only 12 years of not getting into arguments or calling anyone names

damn it, i'll never be a mod

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

I would have remained a spectator, this scenario usually involves the combatants ripping each others clothes off.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

It's heartwarming to read of someone actually saving animals as opposed to the monsters in the other thread. 

It's heartwarming to read of someone actually saving animals as opposed to the monsters in the other thread. 

Thank you Dee Man. Some of the maniacs in the other thread would have kicked them both to death.