HERE GOES - TRANSFER RUMOUR MILL 2018

THEMOLE91

Just being honest, I’m allowed an opinion like the rest of you. He’s been brought in for player recruitment. Who is he going to bring to make hurlford more competitive? Big daft Ronnie McGill? Just saying

[emoji23][emoji23] sounds like the new onthank manager feeling the heat already

I hadn't seen or heard of Mcgill till two seasons ago but he has really impressed me at craigie. Watched him storm craigie to a first ever league title. Alot of teams would be improved with him in their team.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png sounds like the new onthank manager feeling the heat already

I hadn't seen or heard of Mcgill till two seasons ago but he has really impressed me at craigie. Watched him storm craigie to a first ever league title. Alot of teams would be improved with him in their team.

I was under impression it was the Kibride manager ha. Agree about Ronnie for what it's worth 

[emoji23][emoji23] sounds like the new onthank manager feeling the heat already

Really?

Well must be some form of qualification needed? If these players aren't money driven the training and set up must be top notch.

Im sure mick would let u pop up to a couple of training sessions and that and see whats done for the boys and how well its ran to see what the attraction is!

5 hours ago, SpyKId said:

Just being honest, I’m allowed an opinion like the rest of you. He’s been brought in for player recruitment. Who is he going to bring to make hurlford more competitive? Big daft Ronnie McGill? Just saying

Ronnie McGill hahaha

I agree with you mate.hes played with craigie and killie amateurs for years  in the lower divisions, I don’t see what he’s got or achieved to get quality players to hurlford.

he does talk a good game mind you.i just hope Marc hasn’t let his friendship cloud his judgement.

Ronnie McGill hahaha
I agree with you mate.hes played with craigie and killie amateurs for years  in the lower divisions, I don’t see what he’s got or achieved to get quality players to hurlford.
he does talk a good game mind you.i just hope Marc hasn’t let his friendship cloud his judgement.

Look I'm not saying it will work but the attitude is completely disrespectful, what had Cunny achieved in football before managing to talk 6/7 top amateur players into joining his " low league " club. Relationships is sometimes the most important thing in Amateur football. No disrespect intended but Shortlees aren't exactly the best run club or was the most glamorous club to play for 3/4 years ago. A mans drinking relationship with a group of guys has changed that. Why does the fact that Rysy hasn't played with a thistle or won a Scottish cup matter to who his personal relationships can attract. Again I'm not saying it will work, but I hope it does but as per complete negativity on here

Oh my , the Killie athletic manager hahaha , running up and down touch line out his head wae a can o beer in his hand  , was the last time a seen that reprobate , hahaha , the only thing he will recruit is 6 cans a super lager , haha , good luck to him though , in his new role as chief scout , haha

I’m not meaning to be disrespectful.

cunny got boys who are from shortlees, who drank in his pub and played in his Sunday team,  and they bought  into his dream of taking shortlees back to the top.now they have mason, who is a big name in amateur and junior football, and can attract quality players,which will help keep them challenging for local and major honours.

If they lose their best players whose Ryan going to attract to help keep them competitive?

btw I hope it works out too as I enjoy watching them.

Defo agree u don’t have to be a great player to be a great coach. It’s all about how U perceive the game regardless if you’ve played. Don’t get me wrong, having played obviously gives u that experience but u don’t have to have played at a certain level to be successful. I was an average run of the mill amatuer player but as a coach I have won leagues, cups and divisional competitions throughout my coaching time so good luck to the guy I hope he is successful.

10 minutes ago, 4-3-3R said:

Defo agree u don’t have to be a great player to be a great coach. It’s all about how U perceive the game regardless if you’ve played. Don’t get me wrong, having played obviously gives u that experience but u don’t have to have played at a certain level to be successful. I was an average run of the mill amatuer player but as a coach I have won leagues, cups and divisional competitions throughout my coaching time so good luck to the guy I hope he is successful.

I agree with you  that you don’t have to be a good player to be a good  coach /manager.plenty of great players have failed and vice versa.

Brendan Rodgers is a prime example, average player, retired early,back to back trebles, invincibles etc.doesnt mean you can’t questions his signings or decisions, as it’s all about opinions.thats what the forums for.

Exactly mate. People forget football is all about opinions hence the reason u get teams playing all sorts of different styles, shapes etc. One thing all this does show is that people do care, they wouldn’t be so opinionated otherwise [emoji23].

2 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Look I'm not saying it will work but the attitude is completely disrespectful, what had Cunny achieved in football before managing to talk 6/7 top amateur players into joining his " low league " club. Relationships is sometimes the most important thing in Amateur football. No disrespect intended but Shortlees aren't exactly the best run club or was the most glamorous club to play for 3/4 years ago. A mans drinking relationship with a group of guys has changed that. Why does the fact that Rysy hasn't played with a thistle or won a Scottish cup matter to who his personal relationships can attract. Again I'm not saying it will work, but I hope it does but as per complete negativity on here

Absolutely terrific post.

I started a boys club, progressed them too amateur and have achieved things that i never thought possible and I have never kicked a ball in my life. Just have a total love for the game. It's those "relationships" that I have built over the years and what i have learned myself and from others over the years that has allowed me to keep trying too progress this club. 

There's a helluva lot of people on here who have only ever watched the game and never actually been involved in playing or running a club and have no idea what it takes but think it's ok to ridicule those who do and give so much too the game.

That being said everyone is totally entitled too their opinion but some off the comments are unfounded and totally unnecessary. 

90% off amateurs players play where their friends too because at the end of the day that is exactly what amateur football is about 

I started a boys club, progressed them too amateur and have achieved things that i never thought possible and I have never kicked a ball in my life. Just have a total love for the game. It's those "relationships" that I have built over the years and what i have learned myself and from others over the years that has allowed me to keep trying too progress this club. 
There's a helluva lot of people on here who have only ever watched the game and never actually been involved in playing or running a club and have no idea what it takes but think it's ok to ridicule those who do and give so much too the game.
That being said everyone is totally entitled too their opinion but some off the comments are unfounded and totally unnecessary. 
90% off amateurs players play where their friends too because at the end of the day that is exactly what amateur football is about 
Superb mate absolutely superb .
I started a boys club in 2011. We were prob the worst team in boys club history. Lost over 200 goals in a season
Did i care? Not a jot
It was all about getting boys off the street and playing football.
I have sen Hutlford Afc a few times last season and the boy Ted and the boy up front number 7 were stick outs IMO.
I would love to get involved again with a team .
Was asked last season if i would join Shortlees commitee but i couldnt commit due to work.
I may have not played at a high level but tactically im well clued up [emoji106]

Good luck to hurlford ammies,great to see a team go Fae boys club to where that are at.same as Kilbride thistle guys put the work in.and as for slating Ronnie McGill.big man's a gent and a very good player so if he goes to hurlford that will only improve them but I think he's happy at craigie

16 hours ago, HurlfordAFC said:

Jus looking at these posts, and would like to add a commet. I have followed ammy football for 40 years, I played pub football for Shortlees and was the worst player in the team, that is common knowledge, how I won top goal scorer, and I did 3 years running, I will never fkn know, but I will say, no one tried harder than me in our pub team, no one, because I had too, as I was shite, and didn't kick a ball for a team till I was 26. I once hit a penalty in to a head wind and it went out for a shy, the ref didn't know what to give, true story. I started running pub teams when I was in my early 30s , firstly running Mcginn's Metals, a 2nd div pub team, we won everything you could win 2nd division and the league cup, which included both first 1st/2nd division teams, so I was fairly chuffed and would have quite happily have stopped there.  Jasper stopped running Shortlees pub team the next season , so I went there, and for some unknown reason, I ended up running another 4 pub teams. I won everything with them all, except the Scottish cup, we were beat in a semi and 3 quarters. I had managed and started 5 pub teams over 20 years including one the year before this Shortlees team, so I had done my apprenticeship. As I told my players when I went amateur, and I told them every season, anyone can manage a football team, all you need is commitment and a team of players who will train hard, listen, and run through a brick wall for you. If I was giving 100% I wanted it back, so if the players don't play for you, you will win nothing. You need 90% will and 10% skill, as WILL  will always beat skill, if skill refuses to work. You learn more in losing as a manager than you ever will in winning every week, I have been there. Was I a good manager?  I never cared , what  people thought or said, either to my face or behind my back? I cared about what my players thought, and their opinion,  so i will let the players who I worked with over the years both in pub and ammy, answer that question. They are the ones who I shared the journey with, from the bottom of the ammy game, to the top. And I used the word WORK intenionally as it was hard work, I had a great committee, who I couldn't have done it without, who gave me everything I asked, and believe me, it was blood sweat and tears all the way. For every manager in the ammy game, every single one, we all know the sacrifices we put in, through thick and thin, rain, hail, and snow, and unless you have been one, it is best you don't speak about management, you aren't qualified to speak about it. So by all means comment about football, as this is what this site is all about, but let the managers  who work their balls off every week, do the managing, most times they will all know who, and what is good for their team and what is not. I await the onslaught, tick tock,  :) 

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:43, CFCbhoy said:

Doesn't matter if they are embellished. If they are getting paid it's wrong. That's the only "sense" in all of this 

There's no sense in any of it mate. Whilst I severely doubt that Shortlees pay their players a bunch of them happily took wages!!! off of Thistle for a long time (if Thistle did pay players that is) therefore the players are cheats too by everyone else's comments??? so whether the team cheats or the players cheat what's the difference?? if you are looking for honorable players and to call other team cheats then don't take players that cheated by receiving payment. By the way I couldn't give a shit who or what got or are paid at the end of a day its a game. Ayrshire football is full of Shortlees and Thistle talk and it amazes me the amount of folk that don't follow either team that spout shite about both teams. If they put as much effort into there own team perhaps it wouldn't always be between 2 teams.

For me Shortlees were streets ahead of the rest last season from what I seen. Billy has got them playing a particular way and the Shortlees community spirit has helped mould them into a family unit and its fecking great to see.

thistle have lost it on the touchline IMO for what its worth. No direction or passion anymore. If they are paying players then holy shit money must be easy to come bye.

On 02/07/2018 at 11:07, Boab17 said:

There's no sense in any of it mate. Whilst I severely doubt that Shortlees pay their players a bunch of them happily took wages!!! off of Thistle for a long time (if Thistle did pay players that is) therefore the players are cheats too by everyone else's comments??? so whether the team cheats or the players cheat what's the difference?? if you are looking for honorable players and to call other team cheats then don't take players that cheated by receiving payment. By the way I couldn't give a shit who or what got or are paid at the end of a day its a game. Ayrshire football is full of Shortlees and Thistle talk and it amazes me the amount of folk that don't follow either team that spout shite about both teams. If they put as much effort into there own team perhaps it wouldn't always be between 2 teams.

For me Shortlees were streets ahead of the rest last season from what I seen. Billy has got them playing a particular way and the Shortlees community spirit has helped mould them into a family unit and its fecking great to see.

thistle have lost it on the touchline IMO for what its worth. No direction or passion anymore. If they are paying players then holy shit money must be easy to come bye.

If you take drugs you are classed as a junkie, if you get your act together and get clean, you are still classed as an ex junkie. That’s the world we live in.  

If you take drugs you are classed as a junkie, if you get your act together and get clean, you are still classed as an ex junkie. That’s the world We live in.  

So do you think it would be somewhat hypocritical if an ex junkie started shouting junkie b*****ds to all the current junkies?

On 28/06/2018 at 22:58, Gb1985 said:

Good luck to hurlford ammies,great to see a team go Fae boys club to where that are at.same as Kilbride thistle guys put the work in.and as for slating Ronnie McGill.big man's a gent and a very good player so if he goes to hurlford that will only improve them but I think he's happy at craigie

Heard on the grapevine good things happening at the ammies this year with players coming in. Pleased about that because the prem league needs them competing 

Archived