HERE GOES - TRANSFER RUMOUR MILL 2018

THEMOLE91

32 minutes ago, Ayrshireman54 said:

Wingwaa just because you win one time doesn't make you the best if they win the league the amount of times hurlford have then yes they will be classed as being the best but tbh the best amatuer team in Scotland by a country mile is colville park if shortlees played them ten times colville would win at least 9 out of the 10 

Yes colville are a great team but the Scottish cup winners are the best ammy team in Scotland,end of ,last year's winners would have been classed the same,Mick and his team are the level for clubs ,but shortlees are classed as the best team in Scotland. ,let lees have their time and they can try defend their title next year which is the hard part ,

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gb1985 said:

Yes colville are a great team but the Scottish cup winners are the best ammy team in Scotland,end of ,last year's winners would have been classed the same,Mick and his team are the level for clubs ,but shortlees are classed as the best team in Scotland. ,let lees have their time and they can try defend their title next year which is the hard part ,

Finally a bit of sense. 

6 hours ago, Ayrshireman54 said:

Clearly not that much of an advantage if you compare Scottish cup wins of recent times, I'm from ayrshire and have heard many times that colville pay players, doesn't mean it's true same way you say it's common knowledge hurlford pay players doesn't mean that's true, ask any player who gets paid at junior level they will lie about the wage they get it's all bravado and will be the same with these players who apparently get offered money 

At last some f***ing sense. Whether they do or don't I can guarantee that most figures will be embellished to suit said players ego. Were still going on about Shortlees destroying Thistle last game (and deservedly so) but only couple weeks before Thistle turned Lee's over. It's Ayrshire amateur league and the same old same re paying players. Its a new season lets see if Thistle come back stronger or Lee's dominate.

55 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

At last some f***ing sense. Whether they do or don't I can guarantee that most figures will be embellished to suit said players ego. Were still going on about Shortlees destroying Thistle last game (and deservedly so) but only couple weeks before Thistle turned Lee's over. It's Ayrshire amateur league and the same old same re paying players. Its a new season lets see if Thistle come back stronger or Lee's dominate.

Doesn't matter if they are embellished. If they are getting paid it's wrong. That's the only "sense" in all of this 

HT problem was this year and last they’ve paid cash to sub standard players .. fact is they pay £30-£80 a week depending on who you are

Got them nowhere this season and tbh will get them nowhere next season unless they get a better calibration player

1 hour ago, Bawsoot said:

Shortlees are a one man team  take Knapp out the team  there not even average .

What does that say about the other teams then if they won the Scottish and League having only 1 player. 

My point earlier the standard of player in ayrshire has dramatically declined but let's not forget shortlees have a decent spine through their team, Murdoch, minor, mason, gold, Knapp, shankland, Rankin all would play in any ayrshire team hurlford included obviously not a one man team.

Another post turned into HT and Shortlees [emoji99][emoji99]... let's change it back to the subject, anyone fancy giving us any gossip or confirmations of any departures or new arrivals?

I'm hearing that Crosshill are
Confident of adding almost a full new team with the Demise of carrick, that will hopefully make them strong enough to make a challenge for promotion in the first, some of the names being banded about at craigie would also see them make a good push, although I dont know how many i believe, the two Mullen's and cargo supposedly committed to atleast pre season with them. Has anyone heard much about west kilbride, are they confident of coming back stronger this season ?

Also hearing onthank will be unrecognisable from last years team, not to say that they will make the same noises about winning leagues as last season but with a new manager in I think thy will hugely improve.

Sorry I don't have many names I'm more a faces kinda guy

Who’s the early favourites to go up from the first? How are Catrine looking after missing out last season? West Kilbride must fancy themselves to go straight back up. Anyone else?

Winning the Scottish cup doesn’t make you the best in Scotland, but certainly puts you up there.

looking at previous winners from the past decade,  they’re probably the only team to win it without paying players, so they probably can lay claim to be being the best amateur team in Scotland this year.

Guest Mick Kennedy
24 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Winning the Scottish cup doesn’t make you the best in Scotland, but certainly puts you up there.

looking at previous winners from the past decade,  they’re probably the only team to win it without paying players, so they probably can lay claim to be being the best amateur team in Scotland this year.

So now Harestanes, wishaw, Colville, Drum Utd, wellhouse and eddlewood were all paying players haha 

Who’s the early favourites to go up from the first? How are Catrine looking after missing out last season? West Kilbride must fancy themselves to go straight back up. Anyone else?

I haven't heard anything about catrine as yet but my bet is that they will be there or there abouts unless the new committee and management has derailed them slightly. I really think 7/8 teams will fancy their chances in the first but will hopefully know more as the names of new signings start to come out

I haven't heard anything about catrine as yet but my bet is that they will be there or there abouts unless the new committee and management has derailed them slightly. I really think 7/8 teams will fancy their chances in the first but will hopefully know more as the names of new signings start to come out

No new players in at Catrine and it's staying that way I believe, with new management they will be one of favourites to be challenging this year, but totally agree with you, with the teams coming up and team that came down, and even teams still league in the year it will be a cracking season, could be the pick of 7/8 teams

4 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I'm hearing that Crosshill are
Confident of adding almost a full new team with the Demise of carrick, that will hopefully make them strong enough to make a challenge for promotion in the first, some of the names being banded about at craigie would also see them make a good push, although I dont know how many i believe, the two Mullen's and cargo supposedly committed to atleast pre season with them. Has anyone heard much about west kilbride, are they confident of coming back stronger this season ?

Also hearing onthank will be unrecognisable from last years team, not to say that they will make the same noises about winning leagues as last season but with a new manager in I think thy will hugely improve.

Sorry I don't have many names I'm more a faces kinda guy

The two Mullens and cargo to Craigie? Think thats got to be just noise mate. Ritchie has packed it in and Michael does pre season everywhere. Cargo was linked with Shortlees a few weeks ago so would doubt he would go to Craigie although I think he will stay at HT 

Archived