18/19 kits thread

Ayr's strip launch was done at the POTY night and it was ably modelled by Michael Moffat and Jamie Adams(both wearing long trousers).

What is pictured above is the actual sponsors idea of marketing  or Calvin Ayre to be more precise. It's not ideal I grant you, but until someone comes up with more cash I don't see it changing any time soon.

As far as I'm aware no women or children have been outraged in the promotion of this football top!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Ayr's strip launch was done at the POTY night and it was ably modelled by Michael Moffat and Jamie Adams(both wearing long trousers).

What is pictured above is the actual sponsors idea of marketing  or Calvin Ayre to be more precise. It's not ideal I grant you, but until someone comes up with more cash I don't see it changing any time soon.

As far as I'm aware no women or children have been outraged in the promotion of this football top!

But that doesn't stop anyone being outraged on their behalf!

I mentioned it at the time but Scottish football has first-class marketing all over the place most notably at Motherwell, but also in my biased opinion at Dunfermline. Using a topless woman (and man to add some kind of faux neutrality, although he's in baggy shorts and shes in a thong.) is very 1970's and markets Ayr as a joke club with no interest in getting young families or women to their games. I personally think its an odd to cut your potential customers in half before you start but that the Ayr way.
Every year is the same, folk moan like yourself about aufc being out dated blah, blah, blah. But it's the sponsor that's doing it for there own promotion. The club do there own thing.

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I mentioned it at the time but Scottish football has first-class marketing all over the place most notably at Motherwell, but also in my biased opinion at Dunfermline. Using a topless woman (and man to add some kind of faux neutrality, although he's in baggy shorts and shes in a thong.) is very 1970's and markets Ayr as a joke club with no interest in getting young families or women to their games. I personally think its an odd to cut your potential customers in half before you start but that the Ayr way.

None whatsoever

20170916ayrbf3web.jpg

6 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I did notice one Twitter account that was a big fan of it...

5 hours ago, Panda Pies said:

Every year is the same, folk moan like yourself about aufc being out dated blah, blah, blah. But it's the sponsor that's doing it for there own promotion. The club do there own thing.

*their

9 hours ago, Panda Pies said:

Ayr could tell the sponsor that they don't want their club associated with such an outdated stunt and the sponsor would have to agree ay Ayr United own their image rights to the strip and the badge.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

None whatsoever

20170916ayrbf3web.jpg

Glad to see that, however it's illegal to prevent a woman breastfeeding and its hardly consistent marketing - which at the end of the day is what it's all about. 

32921364_1876276042412228_65301528189746

Preview of what I'm assuming our new home kit is up on Facebook and Twitter the now. Pleasing that it's amber, and it'll probably have a collar. Will reserve judgement until I see the full thing but it's looking promising.

6 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Ayr could tell the sponsor that they don't want their club associated with such an outdated stunt and the sponsor would have to agree ay Ayr United own their image rights to the strip and the badge.

Glad to see that, however it's illegal to prevent a woman breastfeeding and its hardly consistent marketing - which at the end of the day is what it's all about. 

Aye, cause Ayr really hold all the cards in their relationship with Billionaire Calvin Ayre

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Then why use it? 

Sounds like pretty shoddy marketing. 

Eh? The club didn't use it. I took the photo on the kit launch night and posted it on here. Die Hard Doonhamer then reposted the photo in this thread. It hasn't been used for any marketing.

Archived