18/19 kits thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss a good solid gold number. Loved that one we had as the away kit a few seasons ago with the black trims.

Home kit hopefully still white with gold and black. Wonder if we'll get the Orange sash trolling again this season in anticipation

The Black and gold band should always be horizontal on any Dumbarton strips. 

Whilst I'd usually agree, our Admiral kits before the magical Umbro diamond sleeve/ shorts combo came along were really smart. I wore it with pride to PE. I have an enduring image of Jocky Whiteford filling the Admiral kit to its limit !

IMG_1822.jpg.d0f72d7bc4cba6317ede25d2d9b6c8ed.jpg[

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

3rd kit is hideous.

The lighting in that photo doesn't do it justice. It makes it look more grey than it is. It's all pale blue / sky blue a la Manchester City. Not sure the exact shade yet though, we've not had a physical sample of any of the kits yet, just graphics. The first two are being custom made for the Centenary, and the "Home" one has about 1700 names subliminally printed in the fabric as paid for by fans to commemorate the Centenary. I think the 3rd one is probably just an off the shelf light blue one though. Apparently we wore a light blue kit for a period in our very early years.

53 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Whilst I'd usually agree, our Admiral kits before the magical Umbro diamond sleeve/ shorts combo came along were really smart. I wore it with pride to PE. I have an enduring image of Jocky Whiteford filling the Admiral kit to its limit !

IMG_1822.jpg.d0f72d7bc4cba6317ede25d2d9b6c8ed.jpg[

That was a peach, had a lovely floppy collar too.

Think Aberdeen had that Admiral template too, remember Joe Harper wearing the red version.

26 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Just me who thinks the painted women shirt is really dated?  Seems to the yer da types who're the only ones who like it.

I'm more perplexed about the fact someone decided to name their cryptocurrency business in such a way that it's seemingly pronounced Bitcoin Bitch.

Excuse me. Roma's Dumfries FC circa 1915 style kit is pretty smart. [emoji6]
The 2nd and 3rd kits are nods to our Centenary in 2019.

What have Dumfries FC got to do with the history of Queen of the South ?

The lighting in that photo doesn't do it justice. It makes it look more grey than it is. It's all pale blue / sky blue a la Manchester City. Not sure the exact shade yet though, we've not had a physical sample of any of the kits yet, just graphics. The first two are being custom made for the Centenary, and the "Home" one has about 1700 names subliminally printed in the fabric as paid for by fans to commemorate the Centenary. I think the 3rd one is probably just an off the shelf light blue one though. Apparently we wore a light blue kit for a period in our very early years.

Fair enough, the photo makes it look warm grey.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Just me who thinks the painted women shirt is really dated?  Seems to the yer da types who're the only ones who like it.

I mentioned it at the time but Scottish football has first-class marketing all over the place most notably at Motherwell, but also in my biased opinion at Dunfermline. Using a topless woman (and man to add some kind of faux neutrality, although he's in baggy shorts and shes in a thong.) is very 1970's and markets Ayr as a joke club with no interest in getting young families or women to their games. I personally think its an odd to cut your potential customers in half before you start but that the Ayr way.

Archived