Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

8 hours ago, number4 said:

Good performance and win today from the swifts considering the heavy defeat thru the week to Linlithgow and we were down to the bare bones, 2 good goals won the game from gavin sullavin and a great finish and performance from ally Griffin with his first competitive game in 2 years after a bad leg break, 75 supporters there today is decent considering dunfermline v hearts was on, really enjoyed the performance today, well done lads

Thats why we love football. 10 goal hiding in midweek but you are still in the cup and we are out. Well done guys.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heriot Watt 4 Inverkeithing HS 1, had 2 missing from last week's starting 11 and it showed today, we scored first but thru gavin sullavin but then lost 2 quick goals from corners, we didn't get started at all today on the biggest pitch ever and then lost 2 near the end, we got what we deserved today, didn't play well and the better team won, not good enough from all of us today 

On 25/08/2018 at 21:06, number4 said:

Heriot Watt 4 Inverkeithing HS 1, had 2 missing from last week's starting 11 and it showed today, we scored first but thru gavin sullavin but then lost 2 quick goals from corners, we didn't get started at all today on the biggest pitch ever and then lost 2 near the end, we got what we deserved today, didn't play well and the better team won, not good enough from all of us today 

37 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, number4 said:
Not the reason we resigned

I didn't mention a reason. So why did you pack it in?

After a committee meeting on Wednesday night, we felt that it was time to move on, there's no point going into details. The swifts are a great run club with great and helpful people involved and I wish them all the best in the future but for me my time at the club is over, was really enjoying it but that's football. 

51 minutes ago, number4 said:

After a committee meeting on Wednesday night, we felt that it was time to move on, there's no point going into details. The swifts are a great run club with great and helpful people involved and I wish them all the best in the future but for me my time at the club is over, was really enjoying it but that's football. 

Sorry to hear that, I enjoyed reading your contributions on here and following your progress. Good luck for the future and I hope you stick around on here!

You'd have thought the committee would support you for the season whilst building for the future irrespective of results. With the best will in the world the club was never going to be top 5 this season so why rock the boat when things re just coming together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good Evening Inverkeithing fans!  I'm trying to write a short history of your club for the St Andrews United programme but there's not much to report since you are such a young club!!!!  Could somebody thus help to identify the players in the photo below because this appears to be the first ever Hillfield Swifts' Senior eleven for a competitive match?  Many thanks for your help, DG 

My guess so far is: Back: Paterson, Cowie, Morrison, Morris, ????, ????? and Shaw.  Front: Strang??, Duffy, Miller and Hamilton.

IHS 2018.jpg

Archived