Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

Inverkiething have a way to go but have done some great work so far - very harsh comments.  They have a large youth setup which will no doubt begin to fill the first team also.

Also - I managed to watch most teams last season following Kelty and apart from LTHV and possibly Tynecastle I saw no one that the Haws would not be strong favorites against.  Taking a one off game as a  barometer won't do much good (for me or you :-))

We had a few boys missing on Saturday as did the haws, we will get better, Rome wasn't built in a day, this team has had 5 games together, we are under no illusions how tough it will be but we have to start somewhere, 200 supporters at our game on Saturday, most said they enjoyed the way we played football and will be back

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Inverkiething have a way to go but have done some great work so far - very harsh comments.  They have a large youth setup which will no doubt begin to fill the first team also.

Also - I managed to watch most teams last season following Kelty and apart from LTHV and possibly Tynecastle I saw no one that the Haws would not be strong favorites against.  Taking a one off game as a  barometer won't do much good (for me or you :-))

Well said - I know the swifts from my day’s coaching at SYFA level and they are a very progressive club.  Starting out on a long journey and their efforts are to be encouraged and applauded.   

6 hours ago, number4 said:

We had a few boys missing on Saturday as did the haws, we will get better, Rome wasn't built in a day, this team has had 5 games together, we are under no illusions how tough it will be but we have to start somewhere, 200 supporters at our game on Saturday, most said they enjoyed the way we played football and will be back

Good response, obviously it will be a tough season, but the team will get more used to playing together as time goes on. You can't exactly expect miracles when your first competitive game is against one of the strongest sides in the EOS.

took in your game on Saturday and I must say cant believe you were accepted in to the league, the pitch is a glorified public park with netting around it, credit for assembling a team but the quality you have is very poor it is going to be a long hard season with some heavy defeats, didn't think the Haws were great either
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Well what a day it was yesterday, got home from my holiday at 3,cup of tea then away to Stirling for the game, my centre mid pulled up injured in the warm up and centre fwd started injured, feared the worst, what a performance the boys put in though, played fantastic and looked like scoring every time we went fwd but also looked like conceding evertime Stirling went fwd, some great goals from Craig Morrison, Ryan Cowie and Calum strang won us the game, looks like it's going to be a roller-coaster of a ride at the swifts this season 

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm looking forward to playing footgolf at the Ballast Bank on Sunday after the caber and hammer throwers have laid out the course at the Highland Games.

Fingers crossed the pitch will be fine after the Highland games but if no we have a top notch auld boy that will sort it, everyone needs an auld boy that sorts parks:-) 

Bit of a harsh lesson today but Bonnyrigg will be at the top-end at the end of the season.

Regarding the park and the team I wouldn't be too concerned about that.  HS obviously made muster as  far as the league is concerned and should be given the courtesy of allowing them the time to find and improve on their level.  Decent crowd v The Haws as well, plenty room in the game for ambitious amateur teams to move up a level.

All the best to all at HS.

2 hours ago, RobM said:

Bit of a harsh lesson today but Bonnyrigg will be at the top-end at the end of the season.

Regarding the park and the team I wouldn't be too concerned about that.  HS obviously made muster as  far as the league is concerned and should be given the courtesy of allowing them the time to find and improve on their level.  Decent crowd v The Haws as well, plenty room in the game for ambitious amateur teams to move up a level.

All the best to all at HS.

Cheers, definitely a lesson in football today, but won't dwell to long on it as I think Bonnyrigg will go the season undefeated on what I seen today, top side who played some great stuff, we need to keep working hard and we will get better, had 3 of our more experienced boys out today injured so that hindered us a bit, we'll done to Bonnyrigg, what a side

1 hour ago, number4 said:

Cheers, definitely a lesson in football today, but won't dwell to long on it as I think Bonnyrigg will go the season undefeated on what I seen today, top side who played some great stuff, we need to keep working hard and we will get better, had 3 of our more experienced boys out today injured so that hindered us a bit, we'll done to Bonnyrigg, what a side

They've done similar to more established teams so it's not worth getting upset about.

All the best and hope to be across to catch a game soon. new ground for me.  Like to see ambitious juvenile clubs and amateur teams doing as you've done and give players a route right through.

IHS will find there level after this season as will many other clubs.  With so many big hitters jumping ship some heavy defeats will be issued.

Great people at the club who have taken it this far and it will get better as years progress. 

Harsh comments from some re the park. Lot of money spent and certainly as good if not better than some of the original EOS sides

First 10 minutes I thought IHS were going to make a game of it.

Two unnecessary penalties given away, showing a bit of inexperience but that'll come with time.

Bonnyrigg keep the ball very well, keep their shape well and close down quickly, there will be a few drubbings handed out this season and 10-0 won't be the worst of them.

I'd expect IHS to pick up points this season, they won't be top 5 but I don't think they'll be bottom either.

• 2 weeks later...

well another football lesson on wed night against Linlithgow rose , no many positives to take out of it but glad we have another home game so soon tomorrow to put it behind us, 225 supporters there to watch, hopefully they come back tomorrow :-) 

well another football lesson on wed night against Linlithgow rose , no many positives to take out of it but glad we have another home game so soon tomorrow to put it behind us, 225 supporters there to watch, hopefully they come back tomorrow :-) 
Unlikely as about 200 were from Linlithgow.

Difficult night, but you won’t face many tougher sides than Rose this season.

I’ve got 40-odd 29155994627_54b962c7be_o.jpgphotos from the game, click the link to go to the gallery

Good performance and win today from the swifts considering the heavy defeat thru the week to Linlithgow and we were down to the bare bones, 2 good goals won the game from gavin sullavin and a great finish and performance from ally Griffin with his first competitive game in 2 years after a bad leg break, 75 supporters there today is decent considering dunfermline v hearts was on, really enjoyed the performance today, well done lads

Archived